The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge - PART 3!!!

Options

Comments

• Barbeduk
    Barbeduk Posts: 869 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi all,

Jemma, I am so sorry you had such a carp weekend. Do remember though, they are all grown ups and need to start acting like it. (ooh, get me, sounds a bit harsher in words than in my head.) :o

Antonia, keep counting those days, it'll soon be history. Hopefully the weather will be fab next weekend and they'll want to go out. How did they not work out the rounds thing though!

Jakes-mum, so glad you had a good birthday and bet you were so chuffed to come home with money!:T

We have sun here, at last! Would be a work day though wouldn't it?:cool:
    Make £2020 in 2020 £178.81/£2020
    SPC 13 #51
    Feb Grocery Challenge £4.68/£200
  • loubie_lou
    loubie_lou Posts: 1,368 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Woooooo, after worrying for weeks, my lovely 12 year old car passed its MOT, but lots of advisories tho. At least it will buy me time to save for a new one! :T:T:j
    In debt no more!
  • MFWannabe
    MFWannabe Posts: 2,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi
    A payment today of £100 as it's payday next Monday:

#191 £1750/£4000
    31/03/24:  Debt total £12,400/13,192.13
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hugs to you Jemma. But like barbeduk says they are all adults. I hope they realise what a good friend/sister they have in you though x

Jakes mum glad you had a good time AND came back with money. Well done you
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • minicooper272
    minicooper272 Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 May 2012 at 8:01PM
    Options
    Bonglecat wrote: »
    You may have noticed on my signature the weight loss marked didn't move for 2 months. I believe that this is (for me) that I can't lose weight when put myself under pressure to. Start of the year I tried Slim Fast, no success, then I gave that up went to the gym and just tried not to eat cr@9, lost the first stone. I then joined the slimming class at my local gym and immediately all weight loss stopped. :mad: So I say relax and it will come, put pressure on yourself and you might be (unwittingly) sabotaging yourself. :)

You may well be right! The more I want to, the less I am! I dunno how you lived on Slim fast though... The best thing I ever did was a hypnodiet, but uni just spoiled me, and I can't seem to get the good effects back.

Jemma, it sounds like you have a massive headache right now! Hope everything works out for everyone involved! I think there's something in the air atm...

Antonia1 - Too right! It's so uncomfortable, but just try to hold on for the 11 days (8 if you go home for the weekend!!!) left. You don't want to end on a bad note...
  • BrandNewStart
    BrandNewStart Posts: 169 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hey folks

Been for a wee spin on the bike tonight, lovely in the setting sun :)

Jemma, sound slike you have been having a tough time mate! My heart goes out to you. Do you often find yourself playing the peacemaker / looking after everyone else? Who looks after Jemma?

Agree with above, they are all adults and have to take some responsibility. I'm not trying to play it down though, it does sound like a lot of very difficult situations - too much for anyone to cope with! I hope you're surviving OK

BNS x
    Debt paid off: £19,999 Debt remaining: NONE!!:money::eek::):j:j:j:j:j:j
  • mumof3plusoh
    mumof3plusoh Posts: 953 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Made payment tonight. Paid £300.

#316 total paid so far £1000/£1855.70 53.89%

:T:T:T:Tover 50% paid and under a thousand left, Whooop whoop.

If I can carry on making this amount each month hopefully will be debt free by August. That will do for me.:beer::beer:
    [SIZE=2]SPC4 #1395 Aug 11 £135.75/£150
    SPC5 #1395 Shower fund used £13.60 31/7/12 Banked Farepack administrators cheque £301 19/10/12 £326.40 in the tin....TOTAL £641
    SPC6 #1395 Total £144.62
    SPC7 # 051 Banked so far £100 TOTAL £142[/SIZE]
    SPC8 #051 £46 :(SPC9 #51 £1091.34 :T:T
  • suzitiger
    suzitiger Posts: 947 Forumite
    Options
    Barbeduk wrote: »
    Runs in and yells

I AM DEBT FREE!!

#319 £6109.94/£6109.94

:D:D:D:j:j:j:beer::beer::beer::j:j:j:D:D:D

And you know what? I've just come back from town, spent £3 in the pound shop!!!

Has taken all morning to sink in, was initially a huge anti climax but now I can't stop grinning like this :D.

Could I honestly say that I couldn't have done it without you lot :A:A. So here's a dodgy hug for each and every one of you.:grouphug:

Now just a small matter of the mortgage, £196,000. Interest only. Holy macaroni we don't do things by halves!!

Have a fab Friday everyone.
    Just catching up with the thread today, well done Barbeduk!!!!! That must feel fantastic. Very happy to hear your news!!
    kerri_dfw wrote: »
    Todays craft fair had about 50 people attend :( this is really poor for a 7hr shift boo. I sold 2 large shopping tote bags, a makeup bag and a keyring for £21 altogether, but £12 had to go to the craft fair cost :( so I think I just about covered my materials. I did meet some lovely people though and have been invited along to a stitch and b1tch on Thursday which I shall be attending :D

Besides, I wouldn't have made any money had I been sat at home all day. I'm not going to be down-hearted about the lack of sales as loads of people liked my work. Instead, I've emailed the local supermarket that has stalls outside and requested a pitch for a few weekends time. I'm either a gluten for punishment, or stupid :p
    Ohhh Kerri, Just think of it as a good promotion for your crafts, running your own business is really hard and you do win some and lose some in the early days. If the footfall was low it sounds like you did really well anyway so focus on the positives :-)

Jemma I am really sorry to hear about your emotional weekend :-( I think your sisters will speak again but it will take time and be prepared to play the role of mediator. (This has been going on with my mum and my sister for two years now but they have started to speak to each other again) Hugs for you because I expect you need them :kisses3: (I can't use the grouphug since it became dodgey grouphug on this group lol)

Nothing to update for me today but it is payday soon so hoping to make some inroads again this month.
    Don't turn a slip up into a give up:D
    *NSD Challenge Nov 0/10* *£10 a day challenge Nov £0/£300*
    No buying unnecessary toiletries challenge-in it for the long haul
    :D

• 1stTimer
    1stTimer Posts: 155 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ARRGGGHH!

pay day today and got up early so excited to pay some more off and Barclays on line banking is down.....:mad:
    Intrum 1 £7250 / 6144.16 / £5726.16
    Intrum 2 £4753 / £4130.33 /£3853.33
    PRA 1 £4088 / £3848.22 / £3578.22
    PRA 2 £1370 / £1284.19 / £1194.19
    Cabot £1505 / £0
    Virgin Money £1035 / £0
    Tesco £2232 / £0 
  • fallenwiccan
    fallenwiccan Posts: 608 Forumite
    Options
    1stTimer wrote: »
    ARRGGGHH!

pay day today and got up early so excited to pay some more off and Barclays on line banking is down.....:mad:

Well done on being ready to do it :) I'm sure it will be up soon :)
    HSBC CC - £3000 / £3000
    Halifax CC - £1032.77 / £1032.77
    Mortgage currently at [STRIKE]£82,299.71[/STRIKE] £76,017.62 would love to overpay
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure