Utility Warehouse (Telecom Plus) Discussion

Options

Comments

• vinnyph
    vinnyph Posts: 583 Forumite
    Options
    Just thought I would say that it is now over 31,000 distributors, not 25,000, that was a few month ago.
    Quentin's Cashback Card?
    Let no man, advert or internet site tell me where to get my Utilities
  • SwanJon
    SwanJon Posts: 2,333 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    andybos wrote: »
    yes you can have a cashback card with a mobile package,

Now that may work for me.
    I'm off BT's network, so unless UW can fit a line for free even their telecoms package is a no go.
    If I can get a mobile and the cashback card, they'll effectively pay me for it and return any extra cashback to me.
    I'm then free when my capped deal runs out to choose the cheapest gas/electricity supplier. Even if I was on BT's network, I don't use the landline enough to make the 24/7 calls worth enough to take UW's Gas/electricity.

Off to the UW telecoms thread....
  • Maz
    Maz Posts: 1,405 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think Cardew needs to write to Which? to express his concerns.

btw, I'm a UW rep and Which? subscriber and wasn't and never have been asked,to partake in any survey and none of my UW colleagues have been asked either. The majority of whom don't subscribe to Which? but those that do weren't asked.

But you probably don't believe that like you don't believe that ALL my customers are saving money compared to their previous suppliers. Some have the cashback card, some don't. Quite staggering amounts in some cases. :D
    'The only thing that helps me keep my slender grip on reality is the friendship I have with my collection of singing potatoes'

Sleepy J.
  • 1carminestocky
    1carminestocky Posts: 5,256 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    edited 26 August 2009 at 10:08PM
    Options
    Whilst i can't profess to paying them much attention, from the brief look I've had I think UWs mobile offerings are pretty poor. Am I missing summat here? :confused: Having said that, if you can get it for nowt I don't suppose anyone can complain (unless your username begins with a C and ends with a W or a Q and an N :p)

PS Agreed, Maz. Some people just can't bring themselves to accept that, maybe, this company really DO provide a great service. Only been a member since 10/7/09 so early days but so far the service is light years ahead of any other utility company I have been involved with. And I've specifically tested them like no other company I've used (one look at all those free CS calls I've made on my first bill would back that theory up!)
    Call me Carmine....

HAVE YOU SEEN QUENTIN'S CASHBACK CARD??
  • Maz
    Maz Posts: 1,405 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Whilst i can't profess to paying them much attention, from the brief look I've had I think UWs mobile offerings are pretty poor. Am I missing summat here? :confused: Having said that, if you can get it for nowt I don't suppose anyone can complain (unless your username begins with a C and ends with a W or a Q and an N :p)

Spot on Carmine! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    'The only thing that helps me keep my slender grip on reality is the friendship I have with my collection of singing potatoes'

Sleepy J.
  • SwanJon
    Options
    Whilst i can't profess to paying them much attention, from the brief look I've had I think UWs mobile offerings are pretty poor. Am I missing summat here?

Hmm, at £8 for sim only, it is steep, and data charges are high. I'd need to spend £160+ a month to break even before I made a call, which would be possible, but no spangly new phone.

Chances of cash back on a pay as you go phone?
  • 1carminestocky
    Options
    I guess what you have to take into account is whether you are already harnessing the power of your retail spending (I absolutely know that sounds soooo Anthony Robbins so apologies but it's the only way I can adequately describe it :o:D). If you aint then I am of the opinion that SOME exposure to UW and its products is definitely worth considering. This is the ridiculous thing - AFAICT none of the real hardcore detractors (Cardew, jimexbox, Quentin, Plushchris) actually do derive extra benefit from their retail spending. Which I find extremely hypocritical...
    Call me Carmine....

HAVE YOU SEEN QUENTIN'S CASHBACK CARD??
  • DMD_3
    DMD_3 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    SwanJon wrote: »
    Hmm, at £8 for sim only, it is steep, and data charges are high. I'd need to spend £160+ a month to break even before I made a call, which would be possible, but no spangly new phone.

Chances of cash back on a pay as you go phone?

Yes you can have pay as you go and cash back card, my wife has this and gets a negative bill every month, we are UW distrubutors.
    A Utility Warehouse Distributor
  • SwanJon
    Options
    DMD, I am talking about only having a pay as you go phone. As I wouldn't have a bill, how could I get a negative bill? The question was a bit rhetorical really.

What I'm looking for is for UW to pay me, and the mobile looks to have the lowest entry cost to UW which I would need to recuperate.
  • DMD_3
    DMD_3 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Swanjon, each service provided by the UW requires the customer to pay a small membership fee each month, and this is shown on the monthly bill, also, I believe some customers can charge their top-ups to their monthly bill.

Hope this helps, from a UW Distributor
    A Utility Warehouse Distributor
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family