Options

Comments

• Decado23
    Decado23 Posts: 255 Forumite
    edited 26 August 2009 at 3:02PM
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Your recall is mistaken.

Bearing in mind the legal threat already made by your colleague, why are you getting involved by using mistaken "recall" like this?

Can you elaborate on where I am mistaken?
    “Things that I felt absolutely sure of but a few years ago, I do not believe now. This thought makes me see more clearly how foolish it would be to expect all men to agree with me.” - Jim Rohn
  • Decado23
    Decado23 Posts: 255 Forumite
    Options
    There he goes again. Totally ignoring the question regarding his excrutiatingly embarrassing (for him) npower annual discount gaffe.

getting used to it to be honest. It's a shame some egos do not allow the admission of a simple mistake.
    “Things that I felt absolutely sure of but a few years ago, I do not believe now. This thought makes me see more clearly how foolish it would be to expect all men to agree with me.” - Jim Rohn
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Decado23 wrote: »
    Can you elaborate on whare I am mistaken?

Hardly! (In view of the proposed litigation).
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,038 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    andybos wrote: »
    Morning all!! all this interest in UW!! Fantastic!!

By, in the main, people with vested interest in UW.

i am very happy to be involved with a company that holds best buy status for services, and 5star awards for others!! given by the leading consumer mag! not forgetting the TOP PLC 2008 award given to the company by FT. I became a customer years ago,then I became a distributor. Andy UW distributor

The Which 'award' was not as a result of any appraisal of the company. It was a reader's survey and with 25,000+ UW reps all eager to promote UW it is a meaningless award.

Much in the way that Arthur Scargill was voted BBC 'Man of the Year' at the height of his unpopularity; the miner's lodges got people to vote for him.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,038 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    UW HAVE VERY HIGH GAS AND ELECTRICITY PRICES

This thread is full of posts from people with vested interests.

Just in case any newcomer is baffled by the last few pages, all you really need to know is that UW have just about the highest gas and electricity prices in UK, and if a a relative/friend tries to tell you otherwise - do not believe them.

Check it out on any of the comparison websites or check prices manually.
  • 1carminestocky
    Options
    BT have approx 87,000 UK employees and no less than 180,000 pensioners in the UK. Still didn't stop them trailing UW by some 33% in that survey :eek::p Perhaps they need to try and get Which to launch in the Indian sub-continent and launch another survey there...

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/story/2009/08/24/isp-zen-internet-uk-wins-which-best-broadband-buy-award.html
    Call me Carmine....

HAVE YOU SEEN QUENTIN'S CASHBACK CARD??
  • 1carminestocky
    1carminestocky Posts: 5,256 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    edited 26 August 2009 at 4:36PM
    Options
    Cardew wrote: »
    UW HAVE VERY HIGH GAS AND ELECTRICITY PRICES

This thread is full of posts from people with vested interests.

Just in case any newcomer is baffled by the last few pages, all you really need to know is that UW have just about the highest gas and electricity prices in UK, and if a a relative/friend tries to tell you otherwise - do not believe them.

Check it out on any of the comparison websites or check prices manually.

DUE TO TAKING ADVANTAGE OF ONE OF THEIR UNIQUE INITIATIVES I GET MY UTILITIES FAR CHEAPER WITH UW THAN WITH ANY OTHER SUPPLIER!

And if you REALLY want to know what Cardew thinks about these comparison sites he keeps referencing in this thread, just read the thread he started on these very forums 9 days ago. It's rather tellingly entitled
    More Comparison Network 'tricks'

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=24299683

Call me Carmine....

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    andybos wrote: »
    Morning all!! all this interest in UW!! Fantastic!! i am very happy to be involved with a company that holds best buy status for services, and 5star awards for others!! given by the leading consumer mag! not forgetting the TOP PLC 2008 award given to the company by FT. I became a customer years ago,then I became a distributor.

The which survey uw use to promote their company (itself against the which rules) just involved customers of the various energy suppliers completing a survey.

Only 90 (out of a total of 6088) responses were from uw. (Compared with 1288 for BG, 1278 for SSE). And each fuel got a separate form (so it could be just 45 uw customers completing 2 surveys each, one for gas and one for electricity)

And what proportion of those 90 (or 45?) had a vested/financial/family interest?

But have you seen the reviews of uw here:

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews-all-87791.html

The picture given there is vastly different to the which survey!

If you have difficulty spotting the reviews there which are written by uw reps, then come back for some guidance!
  • 1carminestocky
    Options
    How many reviews on there did you write, Quentin? :p

The link to the increasingly fictitious-looking UW-beating pre-paid cashback card any nearer arriving? Thought not. Useless.

PS Check out the reviews for the Big 6 on there. We'll start with BG:

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews12258.html1.1 out of 5 From 1 rating and 61 reviews :eek:
    Call me Carmine....

• 1carminestocky
    Options
    I believe Scottish Power is a a particular favourite of our Quentins'

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews52218.html

0.7 out of 5 From 0 ratings and 26 reviews:eek:

Not forgetting his other favourite, Eon:

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews170709.html

0.4 out of 5 From 0 ratings and 9 reviews :eek:
    Call me Carmine....