Utility Warehouse (Telecom Plus) Discussion

Options

Comments

• janninew
    janninew Posts: 3,781 Forumite
    Options
    Cardew wrote: »
    UW HAVE VERY HIGH GAS AND ELECTRICITY PRICES

This thread is full of posts from people with vested interests.

Just in case any newcomer is baffled by the last few pages, all you really need to know is that UW have just about the highest gas and electricity prices in UK, and if a a relative/friend tries to tell you otherwise - do not believe them.

Check it out on any of the comparison websites or check prices manually.

This post is starting to get repatative now and really quite boring. In case any newcomer is baffled by Cardew's above post (not to mention bored witless!) please do your own research, you may get negative bills like me!

I would have used the comparision web-sites but somebody (you!) started a thread on this forum saying that they use tricks and use any legal method to get you to change suppliers.
    :heart2: Newborn Thread Member :heart2:

'Children reinvent the world for you.' - Susan Sarandan
  • jimexbox
    jimexbox Posts: 12,417 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 26 August 2009 at 6:14PM
    Options
    How can any pro UW poster claim that they are competitive in the energy market? They resell gas and electricity supplied via Npower, adding another layer of profit taking. UW are vastly more expensive than the cheapest on-line tariffs offered by the major players so despised by the pro UW camp. It simply harms ones credibility to deny this basic fact.

Yes, you can use the UW discount card to reduce your bill, but as I've shown I could have free broadband and phone with UW using the card, without the need to paying 19% (£257) more over the next year for my energy. Common sense to most, unless that is you're in the pocket of UW.
  • 1carminestocky
    Options
    Have you switched to UW for phone/BB yet, jimexbox?
    Call me Carmine....

HAVE YOU SEEN QUENTIN'S CASHBACK CARD??
  • jimexbox
    jimexbox Posts: 12,417 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you switched to UW for phone/BB yet, jimexbox?

There is only a very small Sainsburys with no petrol station near me, so no. Though if they had a large store with petrol station it would be worth switching my phone/BB over. Not my gas and electricity, totally uncompetitive in that respect.
  • 1carminestocky
    Options
    jimexbox wrote: »
    There is only a very small Sainsburys with no petrol station near me, so no. Though if they had a large store with petrol station it would be worth switching my phone/BB over. Not my gas and electricity, totally uncompetitive in that respect.

My nearest Sainsburys store is miles away, didn't stop me. You seem to do everything else online these days, why not shopping? Of course, if I was to adopt your approach on here I would have to ask how come you berate UW customers for having the 4 services and as you claim paying too much for their gas and electric when you are actually paying £305 per year too much for your phone line/BB? :confused:
    Call me Carmine....

HAVE YOU SEEN QUENTIN'S CASHBACK CARD??
  • Plushchris
    Plushchris Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    Cant remember if this has been asked before but does the UW card count against their mobile phone package if you were to take that alone?
    Missing Tesco R&R since Feb '07 :A & now a "Tesco veteran" apparently! ;)
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,038 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    janninew wrote: »
    This post is starting to get repatative now and really quite boring. In case any newcomer is baffled by Cardew's above post (not to mention bored witless!) please do your own research, you may get negative bills like me!

If they were newcomers(for whom my post was intended) they would be seeing it for the first time and hopefully would not be bored by someone telling the truth - however unpalatable for those with vested interests(not you of course;))
  • andybos
    andybos Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    hi plushchris yes you can have a cashback card with a mobile package,
    regards
    Andy uw distributor
  • andybos
    andybos Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    ooooh cardew wonder what makes you smile ?? bet the list is small!! he he.
    so "which" surveys are meaningless,mmmmmmm gonna swop my car then cus "which" said it was the best in class!
    regards
    Andy uw distributor
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,038 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    andybos wrote: »
    ooooh cardew wonder what makes you smile ?? bet the list is small!! he he.
    so "which" surveys are meaningless,mmmmmmm gonna swop my car then cus "which" said it was the best in class!
    regards
    Andy uw distributor

Silly posts like yours!:rotfl:

Who said all 'Which' surveys are meaningless?

However any 'survey' can be rendered meaningless where vested interests have the opportunity to vote; and there are 25,000 UW reps plus family and friends all with a strong vested interest!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure