We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Utility Warehouse (Telecom Plus) Discussion

Options

Comments

• 1carminestocky
    Options
    mech wrote: »
    Because it didn't deserve one.

Doesn't matter. It was still wrong.

I suppose if I was like Carmine I would now continuously remind him how wrong he was for months on end and claim some sort of juvenile victory?

You've taken all that time to write that? :confused: At least we agree on one thing - I'm not like you. And I will forever thank God for that. ;)
    Call me Carmine....

HAVE YOU SEEN QUENTIN'S CASHBACK CARD??
  • keggs
    keggs Posts: 1,037 Forumite
    Options
    It would be interesting to see how he proves you wrong. Not sure if he'll reply to you though Carmine.
  • 1carminestocky
    Options
    Anyone with the UW card after a Wii, Sainsburys (online and in-store) are selling them for £159.97 delivered. Cheapest I can find (£176 delivered at Amazon, for instance).

£3.20-ish from your favourite 100% cashback site (you choose!) and a very handy £8 off your UW bill. Oh, and 318 nectar points.

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/shop/technology/computing_and_gaming/115635807_nintendo_wii_console_white.html?hnav=4294966701
    Call me Carmine....

• janninew
    janninew Posts: 3,781 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone with the UW card after a Wii, Sainsburys (online and in-store) are selling them for £159.97 delivered. Cheapest I can find (£176 delivered at Amazon, for instance).

£3.20-ish from your favourite 100% cashback site (you choose!) and a very handy £8 off your UW bill. Oh, and 318 nectar points.

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/shop/technology/computing_and_gaming/115635807_nintendo_wii_console_white.html?hnav=4294966701

Thanks for that Carmine!

My Mum is buying a Wii for Xmas for my younger brother so that info will definatly come in handy!

On another topic i read with interest a poster on this board wanting to know which suppliers allow you to be submit your readings and be billed just for your consumption. UW seem to be the only company that allow this method of billing, its funny because i seem to remember somebody on this board saying that the 'vast majority of people would find this unnecessary.' I didn't agree with that and feel if more people knew that they could receive their bills like this they would be more inclined to switch.
    :heart2: Newborn Thread Member :heart2:

'Children reinvent the world for you.' - Susan Sarandan
  • jimexbox
    jimexbox Posts: 12,417 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    janninew wrote: »
    I didn't agree with that and feel if more people knew that they could receive their bills like this they would be more inclined to switch.

What? Get monthly billing and pay 19% more? No thanks, I will use my brain, pay monthly DD. Plus as Ive already pointed out if you really want the UW discount card, just get the broadband/phone package and your energy from another supplier.
  • janninew
    Options
    jimexbox wrote: »
    What? Get monthly billing and pay 19% more? No thanks, I will use my brain, pay monthly DD. Plus as Ive already pointed out if you really want the UW discount card, just get the broadband/phone package and your energy from another supplier.

Are you saying i don't use my brain? How much were you utilities this month - i didn't pay anything for mine!! The cheapest supplier for me is 9.00 cheaper a month, for some people paying a small amount more is worth it to get an accurate monthly bill and stay on top of their finances!

• jimexbox
    jimexbox Posts: 12,417 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    janninew wrote: »
    Are you saying i don't use my brain? How much were you utilities this month - i didn't pay anything for mine!! The cheapest supplier for me is 9.00 cheaper a month, for some people paying a small amount more is worth it to get an accurate monthly bill and stay on top of their finances!

Er no...I said I would use mine....

You could as Ive pointed out, depending on your annual spend on the discount card, effectively receive free broadband and phone from UW. So why would you want to use the card discount against an expensive energy tariff? When you could use is it against their BB/phone package and any surplus credited back your account. Then you could choose a far cheaper online energy tarrif, which you simply do not need monthly billing for. I can log into my account anytime I wish to check bill/DD amounts ect ect.
  • janninew
    Options

You could as Ive pointed out, depending on your annual spend on the discount card, effectively receive free broadband and phone from UW. So why would you want to use the card discount against an expensive energy tariff? When you could use is it against their BB/phone package and any surplus credited back your account. Then you could choose a far cheaper online energy tarrif, which you simply do not need monthly billing for. I can log into my account anytime I wish to check bill/DD amounts ect ect.

I personally don't consider 9.00 a month to be 'far cheaper.' I like receiving monthly bills (clearly other people would like this service too) I also like only paying for what i use, i never have to worry about being in credit/debit. I can log onto the UW web-site and go into my accounts and see all my previous bills, direct debit information etc.

Also another worry i would have is there are so many complications to these online tariffs, fees if you wish to leave, discounts not being applied correctly. I don't mind saying it confuses me, i like the simplicity of UW.

• 1carminestocky
    Options
    Another often overlooked advantage of paying for exact usage (thereby committing to actually read your meters every month) is that fact it definitely gets you focused on usage and therefore the chances are you will get usage down. For instance, I know I'm going to put in a leccy meter reading at the end of this month (I've even made a note on the calendar, but I don't think it will prove necessary) and I've been much more cautious about leccy usage this month. So much so that it will probably come in at 10% less than last month's usage.

When you consider that the best case scenario with the Big 6 (and the saintly Ebico for that matter) is a proper read every 6 months and billing every quarter (although some are even migrating to even more scandalous bi-annual billing) then UWs initiative here is a very welcome one IMO. The fact i don't actually have to pay any more for this is icing on the cake.
    Call me Carmine....

• 1carminestocky
    Options

I'm assuming Eon's online accounts are hard to understand, though, jimexbox?
    Call me Carmine....

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family