MSE News: Budget 2012: Fuel duty to rise in August

Options

Comments

• owzy
    owzy Posts: 131 Forumite
    Options
    You work, you pay tax, you pay into a mortgage and get taxed when you sell your home, you get taxed on fuel and everything you buy, you get taxed for using the roads, you get taxed after you have worked all your life, on your pension, you die and your taxed!!!! We must be the most taxed/ stupid people ever! We're taxed over and over again!
  • owzy
    owzy Posts: 131 Forumite
    Options
    Legalise prostitution and drugs and tax these things... We'd be out of a recession and crime would be reduced!
  • shoneygb
    Options
    im glad i`ve cut my motoring costs by getting a 3.0L v6 instead of my 1.6L civic from over £350 a year insurance i now pay 95p a week yes just 95p a week and that includes free euro recovery not even martin beats that
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've just used the BBC's budget calculator and I will be £143 better off in 2013 so even with fuel going up (and it will only ever go up-get used to it) I am happy with the budget.
    Try it here-
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17442946
  • gilbert_and_sullivan
    gilbert_and_sullivan Posts: 3,238 Forumite
    edited 22 March 2012 at 9:11AM
    Options
    Meanwhile, ever more people are losing their jobs...which in many cases were so low paid that they have to be subsidised with tax credits etc, if their previous jobs made then nett conrtibutors that will probably change when all they can get is a minimum wage job if any.

Still more immigrants, legal and otherwise, and asylum seekers, many of whom will never contribute to the legal economy, but will in many cases, barr illegal immigrants, be entitled to benefits and housing.
    edit..not as we're short of a home grown benefit dependant economy.

Still more single mums that require fantastic amounts of welfare...do you never think of the children...;)

The country is still borrowing more than it can pay back, so the brakes are still not on.

Could someone point me to the money trees please.

You have voted for showman cad politicians, Blair Brown and Cameron perfect examples, they bribed you with your own money (borrowerd with you the taxpayer as guarantor) and you fell for it.

Maybe next time instead of voting for con men or for whomever the newspapers tell you to vote for, or whoever is the prettiest or youngest looking, hows about using your heads and voting for someone with honour who actually cares about this country and not their own troughing.

This is only the tip of the iceberg, some serious life altering cuts and changes will have to happen before we even slow the slide into national bankruptcy, let alone stop it and start to climb the greasy pole back to prosperity.
  • whatmichaelsays
    Options
    KierNet wrote: »
    I've said a few times, but driving is a privilege, not a right. If you want to drive, you will need to pay whatever the costs are.

People saying they can't take public transport as it takes too long, surely if its cheaper, its better?

Depends how much you value your free time.

Using public transport would add an additional 1 hour and 20 minutes to my daily commute (this is just to and from work, forget about going anywhere else). Times that by five, and we're talking approximately six and a half hours a week, or two working days per month - before you take into account delays/cancellations. Even if you base that time on national minimum wage (and I happen to place a much greater value on my free time than that), public transport is "costing" me the equivilent of £40 a week - the best part of £2,000 a year - in lost time. And again, that's purely based on a commute to and from work in the third biggest city in England. Forget about factoring the "cost" of lost time on every other journey I make.

That's before you factor in the cost of fares, depreciation (bus and train tickets depreciate faster than any car), disruption to family life, lack of mobility, health, etc.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Lotus-eater
    Lotus-eater Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Maybe next time instead of voting for con men or for whomever the newspapers tell you to vote for, or whoever is the prettiest or youngest looking, hows about using your heads and voting for someone with honour who actually cares about this country and not their own troughing.
    Like who?..........
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • pelirocco
    pelirocco Posts: 8,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Try having to pay for 10k litres of diesel each week :(
    Vuja De - the feeling you'll be here later
  • gilbert_and_sullivan
    Options
    Like who?..........

UKIP would do for a start, get us out of the EU debacle and start over with a clean sheet, renegotiate trading terms as other countries do.
  • TrickyWicky
    TrickyWicky Posts: 4,025 Forumite
    Options
    shoneygb wrote: »
    im glad i`ve cut my motoring costs by getting a 3.0L v6 instead of my 1.6L civic from over £350 a year insurance i now pay 95p a week yes just 95p a week and that includes free euro recovery not even martin beats that

Are you serious? - Who are you insured with?!?!?!
    Still more single mums that require fantastic amounts of welfare...do you never think of the children...;)

Yes, I do because having had frst hand experience of being one of those kids from a single parent that the state frowned upon for so many years I can tell you they screw the kids over too.
    Like who?..........

BNP, Green Party, Monstor Raving Looney Party.... Lib Dems.. not hard to pick anyone BUT the Labour party or Conservatives is it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure