PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Comments

• Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,906 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Harrump.....fruitless trundle around the charity shops of Otley today. All of them seemed stuffed with leftover blingy bling Chrimbo frocks and Chrimbo jumpers!
  • Irenadler
    Irenadler Posts: 884 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hello all, I'd like to join in, if I may?
    "...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains however improbable, must be the truth..."
    "Mastering a low budget lifestyle now, means you are set for life" quote by 'Miss Babs'

Dog's 'Pot o' Gold' = £23.85
    Household maintenance = 0
    Prolific Academic = £41.64
  • Irenadler
    Irenadler Posts: 884 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Got quite excited today, after trying on an M & S pair of black jeans, but putting them back as they were a little short and pricey at around £30. Had a wander around town, and visited charity shops.

Blow me if BHF didn't have a near identical pair for £2.79! Well, I just had to, didn't I? Tried them on at home and they are a little longer than the brand new pair, spooky or what? I am putting it down to good karma as I had to do a big clear out of mine and OH's stuff.... :)
    "...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains however improbable, must be the truth..."
    "Mastering a low budget lifestyle now, means you are set for life" quote by 'Miss Babs'

Dog's 'Pot o' Gold' = £23.85
    Household maintenance = 0
    Prolific Academic = £41.64
  • VfM4meplse wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

If it’s CVS, I’ve found Boots own brand (not No 7) had the same status and premium price. This was in Vegas, over 10 years ago....

It was indeed CVS. It was quite a spectacular aisle end display and had several well heeled local ladies oohing and ahhing over it. Took every ounce of will power just to walk out without imparting my opinion to tnem.:o
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Floss wrote: »
    2 BNWT Kaliko drapey jersey tops, greyish purple & teal £2.50 each from Mind
    I wore a BN fitted Kaliko blouse for the first time today - looked very smart and only I knew it cost me all of £1. This private knowledge put a spring in my step, I tell you :D
    Irenadler wrote: »
    Hello all, I'd like to join in, if I may?
    We are a very exclusive group, only those with a nose for a good bargain may participate in this thread.
    Luckily you have already proved your credentials wth your karma jeans find :T
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    foxyloxy11 wrote: »
    only 2 skinny belts at a £! each but i get through them quickly and begrudge paying shop prices for something no one sees!

I used to wear my belts out regularly so I eventually invested in a beautiful leather one from Fat Face during one of their half price sales, I expect to get many more years from it yet.

Mir! wrote: »
    Harrump.....fruitless trundle around the charity shops of Otley today. All of them seemed stuffed with leftover blingy bling Chrimbo frocks and Chrimbo jumpers!

I hope this has improved by the weekend, I am visiting Ilkley and Otley I think, the other option is Harrogate.

The kids and me are popping to a lovely little town near us today, it is a very arty, indy, hippy type town with several CS and lots of other interesting shops too including a lovely chippy, I don't want any clothes but am on the look out for a metal thermos and a coffee bean grinder.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    My trip to the local market town didn't come off. Did briefly look in a local one but nothing grabbed me. I'm on the lookout for a cocktail shaker but a 'proper' one! I did a cocktail making course on holiday and I'm hooked on Espresso Martinis!!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Had a good haul in Wimbledon in Crimbo Limbo time (27 Dec):

-M&S cord trousers in my favourite colour with nice buttons- £4
    -M&S long, lined warm skirt with unusual pattern- £6
    -Nordic knit patterned fleece-lined hat with tassle- £1.50

All prompted by the weather no doubt, which was filthy that day!

The sales in the "proper" shops were really uninspiring after that so didn't buy any normal, boring non-charity shop stuff.
    They are an EYESORES!!!!
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,154 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    St Richards hospice shop, Worcester today.

Cream light cotton long sleeved tunic top, sort of broderie anglais fabric-£4

Looked it up online and it’s from a Danish company called minus.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,244 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    :hello:

As the previous thread had been going for over 5 years, and had almost 7.4 thousand posts, I thought we had best have a new one for 2018...

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

See you over there!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business