PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    Yesterday it was a silver & green amber pendant for £1, a Tigers Eye and red glass necklace (real Tigers Eye) for £1, a blue shell necklace $1 (to be broken up as I want the pieces to repair another necklace, and a mauve beaded necklace also £1,

Today it was an art deco biscuit barrel for £1l
  • Susan1962
    Susan1962 Posts: 297 Forumite
    Options
    1 long black Next cardigan and one pure wool lightweight cream; 1 pair of brand new chinos for OH and one wrapover top from FatFace - all for 99p each!
    Looking ahead
  • Ballymackeonan
    Options
    It's not often you get exactly what you're looking for - but yesterday I got a pair of navy linen trousers, my size exactly, new and with the original £99 pricetag on - for £2!
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    It does annoy me though when labels are removed, and the size and washing instructions in the process.
    Me too.
    I'm not sure why they do it.
    I've bought M&S rejects in Oxfam before and the label has been cut through but still there.

Another gripe is when shops put the plastic tags through material instead of labels. It can damage the garment, especailly if it's jersey material.
    It's not often you get exactly what you're looking for - but yesterday I got a pair of navy linen trousers, my size exactly, new and with the original £99 pricetag on - for £2!
    £99.00? Wow! What a bargain!

What make are they?
  • charlies-aunt
    charlies-aunt Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    Options
    Visited the Age Concern charity shop today and very pleased to get a floating blue/cream blouse, a BHS sage green cardi, a lovely brown Papaya cardi and a long ditsy floral print Monsoon skirt - all for £1 each

Have done a lot of donating over the last few months as having a good clear out so I guess its been good karma to fall lucky for these
    :heartpuls The best things in life aren't things :heartpuls

2017 Grocery challenge £110.00 per week/ £5720 a year

• sarah182xxx
    sarah182xxx Posts: 1,228 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    awwh lovely bargains people ! iw as really chuffed today. got a brand new Uno Madness game for £2.00 which is great fun. also a lovely skirt for £3.00 and some books I have wanted for ages for 50p each ! xx
    :j First prizes back into comping after a break - romantic break to 2 to Venice/ Paris or Rome with romantic trip and a 42 inch TV and blu Ray amazing !

Thank you all so much and good luck guys and girls xxxxxx
  • Smoosh
    Smoosh Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    This thread is making me excited for my charity shopping trip planned for Friday, it's been ages since I've had a good look around the charity shops!

My clothes are in desperate need of a sort out, so I think I'll try and get that done before Friday so that I can take them with me :D

Great finds everyone!
  • squeakerton
    Options
    Long time lurker but thrilled with an as-new Phase Eight long black polo neck top with matching belt for £1 ! And looking at the forecast, I'll be wearing it up here (north of Aberdeen) in the next few days...
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Youngest DD found a pair of Joni jeans (top shop brand) for £3 - still selling at £36 on their website!

They fit her like a dream - she's just found her love of charity shops!
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    Had a splendid trip to Martha Trust shop today, spent £6.90 and got:

3x M&S teeshirts 50p each
    1x fine cotton floral sleeveless blouse £1.50
    1x nylon tabard (I may have to do some h/work now :(:D ) 50p
    1x as new purple shoulder bag, perfect for holidays as a 'wandering around' bag for my water bottle, jumper etc. £1
    1 pack of 6 sheets of pretty gift wrapping paper 50p
    1 pink polka dot tin marked "sewing kit", and containing loads of sewing stuff, including a full pack of needles, retracting tape measure, stitch ripper, needle threader, thimble, various threads, buttons, safety pins etc. 50p
    The rest was loads of things off the 10p shelf, including a kitchen pot holder, two key rings exactly the sort I was looking for (with a clip attached for easy removal from main ring), pack of gel shoe inserts (price marked £1.50), two carpet samples that will be ideal for putting outdoor shoes on in the hall, an Adidas shoe/boot bag, (there's a shoe theme developing here :grin: ), nail polish, travel size bottle of shampoo (bought for the bottle), one of these: http://www.lakeland.co.uk/23435/Limey?gclid=CP7ty9Pb4sYCFcPMtAodJvsDSQ&src=gpsol&s_kwcid=AL!49!3!90282136571!p!!g!!limey&ef_id=VM1H9gAAAZfM5f6F:20150717174340:s (sorry about the long link), and a few more bits I can't remember now.

I spent about an hour and a half in there, it's a brilliant place for bargains, and the staff are lovely too :j .
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport