PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,939 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bit of an expensive week this week with only a couple of items to show for it! Spent £11.75 altogether..... :o

£9 for a Windsmoor dress, from the hospice shop, in shades of raspberry and mink, bit more than I usually pay but it was a style and cut that I like wearing and I have just the jacket to go with it. :)

£2.75 for a cream jersey top with chiffony shoulders from the community shop.

Busy packing now for my holibobs.....about 75% of my holiday wardrobe will have come from charity shops.....(even the suitcase!:rotfl:)
  • supersaver1000
    supersaver1000 Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Bought a pair of stretch Cotton Traders jeans for £2, look brand new. On website for £26. :T
    OSWL (start 13st) by 30Jun20 6/10
    £1/day Xmas'20-62 £214/£366 saved
    Grocery Challenge Jun £742/£320 spent
    Homeowner wannabe by July 2020 - WooHoo!!
    Starter Emergency Fund £1000/£1000 saved
  • Hobsons_Choice
    Hobsons_Choice Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bought from Scope Stourbridge today: a pale green top, White Company, from the reduced rail: £1.50
    Normal people worry me.
  • bobsa1
    bobsa1 Posts: 1,947 Forumite
    Options
    Bit of a bargain haul this week I got a boden dress for £5.50 two Boden tunics for £2.50 each and a statement necklace for my daughter's school leavers ball for £4 similar ones are in places like Dorothy Perkins for £20 and a lovely spotty new look dress for other daughter for £2.50 and finally a new ralph Lauren ruffle front top for £3
  • Susan1962
    Susan1962 Posts: 297 Forumite
    Options
    From BHF Kidderminster: a 100% cashmere jumper £3.49.
    I guess no-one's looking at jumpers this time of year!
    Totally agree! Perfect time of year to get jumpers and cardigans - I found a beautiful lambswool one in the Barnardo's 99p shop - like new - I was over the moon!
    Looking ahead
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,790 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    My friend and I went to a nearby town yesterday for a day of charity shopping and lunch.

I bought a Mantaray short cotton top - saw one in Debenhams sale, same style but different colourway reduced from £25 to £17.50 - for £3.25 in Arthritis Concern.
    Mantaray short-sleeved dress for £4.50 from same shop.
    Debenhams maxi dress (that I might shorten) for £3.15.

Friend bought an unworn pair of trousers GOK for TU £3.00 and another pair of unworn patterned ankle-grazers for £4.00 and a Debenhams brand new T-shirt for £2.00 from a local hospice shop.

Great day for chatting and bargains.
  • MrsPee
    MrsPee Posts: 71 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mir! wrote: »
    West Yorkshire ;)

It's a Sue Ryder Hospice chazza sale, actually held at a hospice and they have a fab 50p rail. Everything else is really cheap too. Sales are twice a week for just a couple of hours and can get very crowded. It's been going for a long time and some regulars have been going for 20+ years. It's as much a social thing too as they have a cafe.

Ooh where abouts in West Yorkshire is it? I'm in Wakefield and wondered if it was nearby as I'd love to have a nosey.
  • katsu
    katsu Posts: 4,955 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Another jumper purchase here. No where near as bargainous as some people but I'm happy. £6 for a Gap merino wool jumper that looks in great condition. I've never owned a merino wool jumper so I hope it is nice and warm. I've kondoed out some jumpers that didn't suit me so needed a new jumper or two for work in the winter. Currently happily drying on the line :)

I managed to get rid of a pile of other stuff too so a good weekend really, as more went out to the CS than came back in :rotfl:
    Debt at highest: £8k. Debt Free 31/12/2009. Original MFD May 2036, MF Dec 2018.
  • patricia50
    patricia50 Posts: 264 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I overheard a lady at the counter querying the £7 price tag on something (couldn't see what it was) and she was told that £7 was the correct price and, after all, it was new. She replied "yes but new in Primark it's still only £4!"

I have to say that is my main peeve about charity shops.
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 421 Forumite
    Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Looks like a lot of us are still finding the bargains.
    Today I managed to get a Next NWT navy knitted dress for winter for £1.00. The tag is for £28.00!
    The tag says size 12. I'm a 10/12 on the bottom half but a 16 on top. Thought it looked bigger than a 12 on the top and it is. It fits me perfectly. Probably why it ended up in a charity shop.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport