What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

edited 18 August 2014 at 2:02PM in Old Style MoneySaving
7.4K replies 1.2M views

Replies

• ArtytartyArtytarty Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lovely unworn Alexon striped jumper dress for£4.50 at Marie curie.
    Donegal tweed jacket£10at oxfam. Pricey but great fabric.
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • lucywillowlucywillow Forumite
    115 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    bobsa1 wrote: »
    Last weekend took DD back to Uni in bath and got a Mulberry Jacket for £5 and two pairs of white company Linen Trs never worn for £2 per pair.

Going to Thame in Oxford on Wed as husband working there. Can anyone suggest any good charity shops / areas for Charity shops near there?

Thanks

If you google 'find a charity shop' it takes you to a page where you can enter any location in the UK and it will tell you all the local charity shops. Useful for day trips to unfamiliar areas.
  • Popped into my local Debra charity shop and got a brand new with £40 tag still attached Next dress for £6 and looks new black top for £2.50. Both will be fab for work. Need to stop buying and going to car boots!
    I have every possession I want. I have a lot of friends who have a lot more possessions. But in some cases I feel the possessions possess them, rather than the other way round
  • MoaningMyrtleMoaningMyrtle Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    kate1974 wrote: »
    Vintage Paddington Bear £5.00

I really wanted one of these when I was younger, with the proper tiny wellies. A girl in my class (spoilt show-off type) at infant school brought hers to school and I hankered after one for years afterwards!

There was one recently for sale for £10.00 in the local charity shop. You don't see them often, I resisted! I had moved on from that yearning!

He had yellow boots, brown hat and blue duffle coat with label attached.
    A minute at the till, a lifetime on the bill.

Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels.

one life, live it!
  • I really wanted one of these when I was younger, with the proper tiny wellies. A girl in my class (spoilt show-off type) at infant school brought hers to school and I hankered after one for years afterwards!

There was one recently for sale for £10.00 in the local charity shop. You don't see them often, I resisted! I had moved on from that yearning!

He had yellow boots, brown hat and blue duffle coat with label attached.

This one has red Dunlop boots,black hat and blue coat with label saying ''Please look after this bear!''
  • karrenkarren Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I bought a fab m&s dress in kemp hospice shop and wore to wedding on weekend and very tempted to pop it back to the chairty shop so they can sell on and someone else gets the use too or it will sit in my wardrobe forever!
    :A :j
  • sweetpea26sweetpea26 Forumite
    812 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Rampant Recycler Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭
    kate1974 wrote: »
    This one has red Dunlop boots,black hat and blue coat with label saying ''Please look after this bear!''

I have bear envy :D

What a bargain. I found a small one made in the 90's and had red wellies .... my mam loves bears so she is now the proud owner.

Today I was able to pick up some lovely 1950's cushion covers. So pretty will look well on 2 old chairs that I have.
  • got-it-spend-itgot-it-spend-it Forumite
    5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am having serious charity shop withdrawal since I have been back at work! Hoping to sneak in some tomorrow though. Wore my gorgeous, bargainous Fenn Wright Manson wool dress today- picked it up in a Cancer Research shop in the summer and got three compliments on it today. Absolutely love it, and it cost about £4!
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • bobsa1bobsa1 Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Got a pair of unworn bear paw boots like eggs for £6 and a pair of Nicole farhi trousers for £4 and had a lovely day charity shopping
  • charlies-auntcharlies-aunt Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    :) I have been very lucky to bag a couple of real bargains today :) - a genuine "Valentino Jeans" cotton shirt and a "Long Tall Sally" fine knit jumper - £1 each for Age UK :)
    :heartpuls The best things in life aren't things :heartpuls

2017 Grocery challenge £110.00 per week/ £5720 a year

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ buildings insurance quotes & cashback

MSE Guides

£12 for 1L Baileys

Available at Tesco, Morrisons & Asda