received letter from the Benefits Integrity Centre, am on income support, does anyone

Options

Comments

• Popperwell
    Popperwell Posts: 5,088 Forumite
    edited 7 August 2012 at 9:53PM
    Options
    I asked the person who had one of these form sent to them last year and they had a marker pen through it and had 10 days to send it back. They sent back straight away after filling it in, then had a big amount paid in with a following letter.

Please don't worry about it!
    mikey_bach wrote: »
    Because they do work for other BDCs the BICS have to mark the forms because quite often even though they put an envelope for the customer to return it to them, they dont and it gets sent back to the owning office.

We see the forms with the marker pen on and marked BIC and we send them on to them.
    They highlight the form because most people leave big sections of the form blank.
    These reviews are nothing to worry about they are just working from a scan and sending these forms out to people on the scan.

Thanks...I'm not known as a worrier normally and am calm but I suppose having lost Mum end of April, lots of changes happening in the coming months financially, it's a big step and will take some sorting out.

I mean IS will stop as will HA/CT help when I come into Mum's savings anyhow after probate, she did not have much but it is enough to affect me unil the capital reduces via full rent, CT, utility bills and food. Think I will be just over the threshold or on it...

Thanks again...

I said on the form I had saved £300 towards a mattress but really it was just what was left from the monthly payment of DLA and I still have a couple of weeks to spend it but after sending the form back in I spent that on clothes, shoes, alterations to clothes, taxi fares and food so that will have to be saved up or taken out of next months money.

So though it was going to be used for a mattress, really it was not savings...I managed to add on the form I had used it for something else.

I never have claimed/was allowed IB even though I have kidney disease and take strong medication and could end up on dialysis or tranasplant or worse. Also mobility problems posibly caused by the condition or the medication. Immune system problems.

Only ever had DLA...tried for IB years ago and bever was offered it again or applied and with the changes coming it seems no point now...will have to see what alternatives I am offered in the future.

Funny how I have always helped people and now I am learning and getting used to having to seek help...
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
  • Lin_May
    Options
    raven83 wrote: »
    Just wanted to update this for UranusKiller, i got my response back today and basically it was just a normal review, nothing has changed and nothing to worry about :)

Hi Raven83,

Could you just clarify if you received the response from Benefit Integrity Centre saying "Nothing has changed" automatically after you submitted JSA2 form?
    Or is the response you received the response to your any other inquiry asking if it was just a normal review or something different?

The reason I'm asking is we have heard nothing for weeks after we submitted the JSA2.

Appreciate your confirmation.

Thank you.

Lin
  • NMIGOV
    Options
    I got a letter from a Benefits Integrity Centre, which I returned tardy and they've stopped my JSA. I called them saying that I had already sent it and they've lifted the suspension.

However, the woman on the phone said I was due another letter that same day or the day after (yesterday, 26/10/2012) but didn't get it. She said to give them a call on Monday to see if it had been issued!!! The thing is she said I was going to get an HR2 form, some stuff they wanted to know from me.

I have searched on the net for an HR2 form and couldn't find it! I'm quite nervous about this. Can anyone shed a light on this please?

Thanks!
  • Sandyg_2
    Options
    I received one of these forms today and have 14 days to return it they have highlighted special circumstances which includes holidays abroad which I have taken with my disabled son, am not sure if this is routine I did phone them as my partner has just moved out and explained that to them and they took details dates etc and amended records just hope everything is ok as my disabled son receives direct payments from SMS and account is in my name also I took on deputyship of my sons property and affairs and while these accounts are in my name and have quite a large sum of money in they are not mine and I have to produce accounts for them so cannot touch the money !!!
  • rich_shot2003
    Options
    I got one of these forms and sent it back yesterday and it had NORTH WEST stamped on it and the words JF had been added to the front page.

so is there anything to worry about as nothing else was stamped on it or added.

will they send out a letter to let me know if nothing changes?
  • willowhisp
    Options
    i sent a form back to the integrity and somehow have lost this weeks money even though they recieved it on time!! now havin to refone the benefits centre askin them to email the integrity team so they can fone me, as seems you cant fone them direct and to once again ask why i have no money this week until next week! last fone call they said it was as they pay it different and im not entitled to be paid until next week .. somethin wrong there! :huh:
  • mikey_bach
    Options
    willowhisp wrote: »
    i sent a form back to the integrity and somehow have lost this weeks money even though they recieved it on time!! now havin to refone the benefits centre askin them to email the integrity team so they can fone me, as seems you cant fone them direct and to once again ask why i have no money this week until next week! last fone call they said it was as they pay it different and im not entitled to be paid until next week .. somethin wrong there! :huh:

If a BIC has suspended you claim because they havent received your A2 then your local BDC cant pay you until they are told by the BIC they have it.
    One way to get round this, phone the contact center, make an appointment to fill out another A2, once the Job center has this form and both the BIC and BDC are told your money can be paid, well at least two weeks payment, this should tide you over to they get the form and sort it......
  • red_me
    red_me Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Integrity centre is a useless place, they lost my bank statement in there system and said i had not sent it which i did, they sent one back recorded delivery.
    They cut your benefit first then ask questions later.
  • Morglin
    Morglin Posts: 15,920 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Generally speaking, if there has been any allegations, or anything dodgy suspected, letters would come from a Compliance dept.,

Lin ;)
    You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands..........for instance, if they are placed around your throat, she's probably slightly upset. ;)
  • Orville
    Orville Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I don't know why everyone worries about these things. jees if your claim is an honest one you will have nothing to worry about. Unless......................
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure