received letter from the Benefits Integrity Centre, am on income support, does anyone

Options
...know why i would have received that?

am a single parent and have been claiming IS since january, they have asked me to fill in a "review claim form"

am confused and worried, as i only applied a couple of months ago, why would they need this info again?

would be gratefull for any advice x

Comments

• rogerblack
    rogerblack Posts: 9,446 Forumite
    Options
    These people do a verification of claims, at random, as a measure to try to assess how much error there is in the system.
    A certain percentage of all claims are selected at random each year for testing.
    You got 'lucky'.
  • Squidge2009
    Options
    ok thank you
  • skylight
    skylight Posts: 10,716 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I recieved one this morning too. They want it back within 2 weeks and has the month crossed out on the front. It has also been stamped on the front and on the income/savings page about answering honestly or else. I was planning on answering it accurately and honestly anyway!
  • red_me
    red_me Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 April 2012 at 11:41PM
    Options
    ok i had one of these last year around late june time, filled it in sent it back.
    Then about a week later they wanted bank statements books and so on, so i sent those off back to them. And guess what they lost my said bank statement but sent back my bank book back by recoreded delivery. This was the very same week the benefit centre was on strike, anyway i got a letter a week later saying they had stop my IC because they said i didn't send back bank information they wanted. So watch how u deal with them because there very first action they do is stop your benefit and sort the !!!! out later, it doesnt matter if its there mess they made or not. I got the benefit back again with alot of phoning and also got my bank statement back after a month or so when they tracked it down.
  • salfordgirl
    Options
    With benefit integrity dept, either you have been selected at random to have your case reviewed.

Or, someone has reported, usually as living as a couple whilst receiving benefits as if you were single, in which case you would need to supply proof that your ex is no longer living with you.
  • skylight
    Options
    I'm hoping its a normal review. I have been falsely reported before with a report my ex was still living here (not a hope in hells chance!), and had someone try to claim my CB for one child, and 3 times have had my CTC claimed by someone else. Getting bored with it all now!
  • UranusKiller
    UranusKiller Posts: 467 Forumite
    Options
    what's the latest?
  • skylight
    Options
    Can't talk for the OP, but apparently I am living with someone. Again.

I wouldn't mind if I were actually getting any.........
  • Anubis_2
    Anubis_2 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Options
    If its an A2 form for IS these are normally sent out every 3 years. We had our first one a few months ago. It's nothing sinister.
    How people treat you becomes their karma; how you react becomes yours.
  • Anubis_2
    Anubis_2 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Options
    skylight wrote: »
    Can't talk for the OP, but apparently I am living with someone. Again.

I wouldn't mind if I were actually getting any.........

With what you put about the month being crossed out and the income page being highlighted, this would seem to suggest its been issued due to an allegation.

Ours had the month to send the form back and no stamp on that page. It would seem then, for anyone getting these forms, that if you have a shorter timescale than shown to send back and certain pages stamped, it could be due to an allegation.
    How people treat you becomes their karma; how you react becomes yours.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure