received letter from the Benefits Integrity Centre, am on income support, does anyone

Options
123457»

Comments

• Spiritlondon
    Options
    I've received a letter today from the Integrity Centre in Ilford stating "we have been notified that you are receiving income from paid employment". I most certainly have not! I called the tax office to see if anyone is using my details but they have confirmed that's not the case. I have been provided with a JSA2 form to fill out and return within 2 weeks. I'm currently waiting for this team to call me back, but am now extremely paranoid that someone is attempting to cause trouble for me. I only submitted my original claim in November 14!

I have an interview this week at a government organisation and am worried that this will jeopardise the whole thing....
  • paragon909
    paragon909 Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    Options
    I've received a letter today from the Integrity Centre in Ilford stating "we have been notified that you are receiving income from paid employment". I most certainly have not! I called the tax office to see if anyone is using my details but they have confirmed that's not the case. I have been provided with a JSA2 form to fill out and return within 2 weeks. I'm currently waiting for this team to call me back, but am now extremely paranoid that someone is attempting to cause trouble for me. I only submitted my original claim in November 14!

I have an interview this week at a government organisation and am worried that this will jeopardise the whole thing....

What do you mean a "government organisation" do you mean you're going to the job centre?????

They will want bank statements etc to show your not getting other monies, And they can check for accounts that you choose not to disclose to them.

Also if your getting so called "casual work payments" it would be cash and wouldn't be getting put into tax or books the employer would no doubt play with the books to show no payment was made.

or either you didn't disclose savings etc.

Is it a benefit review your going for.... or compliance or fraud under caution???
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,334 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

If you mean a job interview, the prospective employer will have no knowledge of this problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure