received letter from the Benefits Integrity Centre, am on income support, does anyone

Options

Comments

• heatherks
    heatherks Posts: 854 Forumite
    Options
    i sent my a2 form back on the 10th feb ( form said to be returned by 21st) and haven't heard anything back yet .. also sent my CTC form as proof and it has not been sent back to me either

how long did you wait for a reply from them? ....i know it said you might not hear from us and your benefits will carry on as normal but thought they would have returned my tax credit form by now
  • xanadu1974
    Options
    received letter this morn on faded paper asking me to phone benefit integrity centre for a mandatory full review of my jsa claim,had heard lots of things about these letters like they were about a fraud investigation /scam / and just to see if you are claiming right benefits,i phoned job centre and asked about it they said yes its legit but never give my personal bank details out over phone,i phoned the letters number a lady asked my name and ni number and told me someone would phone me back within 3 hours ,they did,now although i have nothing to hide it did worry me as i have heard lots of horrible stories about job centre suspending claims /benefits,for stupid reasons ,plus i was worried someone had reported me for something,i knew i had done nothing wrong but it still makes you worry,anyway i had nothing to worry about at all,it was just simply alot of questions to see if my children were still at home,that i was receiving my benefits /council tax/housing benefits ect,and to ask if i had worked in last 2 yrs,it took 5 mins,and he was very polite,i just wanted to put some worried peoples minds at rest,if it was a letter for suspected fraud it would have come from a compliance dept,and if it was anything serious i would have been called in to attend a interview,i couldn't find any up to date info on these letters so thought id add mine,
  • Kath5yDE
    Options
    when they tracked it down.
  • terra_ferma
    terra_ferma Posts: 5,484 Forumite
    Options
    Orville wrote: »
    I don't know why everyone worries about these things. jees if your claim is an honest one you will have nothing to worry about. Unless......................
    Is this some kind of joke?
    Of course people get worried when they get this type of letter.
    The more honest people are, the more worried they get, in my experience. Anything that implies they have done something wrong tends to worry honest people the most.
    Considering that in this case their livelihood is at stake and the track record with benefits in general, I totally understand why they would worry. It would be the same if HMRC sent me a letter that they are looking into my tax return, it doesn't matter if I know I've done everything by the book, I'd still worry.
  • Howdi27
    Howdi27 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    I've just recieved one of these letters with "do you have a partner highlighted "
    I've only been on income support 8 months after splitting from my ex
    On my letter it quotes a reference APT1 & given 2 weeks to return form has anybody else had this reference I'm a worrier best of times if my money stops if loose the house as I'm in private rented
  • Orville
    Orville Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Is this some kind of joke?
    Of course people get worried when they get this type of letter.
    The more honest people are, the more worried they get, in my experience. Anything that implies they have done something wrong tends to worry honest people the most.
    Considering that in this case their livelihood is at stake and the track record with benefits in general, I totally understand why they would worry. It would be the same if HMRC sent me a letter that they are looking into my tax return, it doesn't matter if I know I've done everything by the book, I'd still worry.

You might do, but i wouldn't. How could you worry if you have done nothing wrong..? If everything is fine it will check out. I would tend to believe that it is the ones who have something to hide that would worry more.
  • Orville
    Options
    Howdi27 wrote: »
    I've just recieved one of these letters with "do you have a partner highlighted "
    I've only been on income support 8 months after splitting from my ex
    On my letter it quotes a reference APT1 & given 2 weeks to return form has anybody else had this reference I'm a worrier best of times if my money stops if loose the house as I'm in private rented

Well do you have a partner?. No big deal if you do. Unless of course you do have a partner that is living with you, or stops over most nights.?. If you are living with someone and you haven't declared it, depending on how long you would probably get away with just paying it back.

I know if your JSA gets stopped your housing benefit does not. (Well it does for a while as they think your in employment). All you need to do is inform them you are still unemployed and the payments will commence again.
  • Poppie68
    Poppie68 Posts: 4,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Orville....you are replying to terra firma's post from 2 months ago..:)

Howdi27...you have rehashed 2 old threads and started one of your own asking the same question...things can get confusing for other posters with multiple posts and threads for the same OP..if you stick with your own thread you will get better less confusing avice and help.:)
  • Orville
    Options
    Poppie68 wrote: »
    Orville....you are replying to terra firma's post from 2 months ago..:)

Yeah i know :-p
  • emmliss
    Options
    I've recieved a icone support review letter and posted it back nearly a month ago and had nothing back yet I also had to post it to the integrity centre how long do these things usually take thanks
    IM A DTDER ADDICT
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport