🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

warm home discount scheme

Options

Comments

• richard9991
    richard9991 Posts: 1,618 Forumite
    Options
    The games with BG have started as they say they sent out my voucher on Feb 25th but ive not got it.

so what happens now? will i lose it if they dont sort it out before March 31st?
    not sure about BG but my EDF vouchers were valid for 90 days
  • Simon7685
    Simon7685 Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anyone know if Scottish Power have started crediting peoples accounts yet?
  • brand8
    brand8 Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am with british gas and still not had my letter or money hope it comes soon
  • minimad1970
    minimad1970 Posts: 6,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    brand8 wrote: »
    I am with british gas and still not had my letter or money hope it comes soon

Same for me. Hope it comes soon.
  • mrsmetropolis
    Options
    I spoke to British Gas yesterday and was informed that the letter containing the Warm Home discount code would be received next week. I hope this is the case!
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,952 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Simon7685 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Scottish Power have started crediting peoples accounts yet?

i phoned them earlier as ive heard nothing.
    was told that all payments would be made by the end of the month.
    so if nothing by 1/4 you need to start hassling them
  • Simon7685
    Simon7685 Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nannytone wrote: »
    i phoned them earlier as ive heard nothing.
    was told that all payments would be made by the end of the month.
    so if nothing by 1/4 you need to start hassling them

Thanks for that, I checked last night but nothing showing on my account as yet. I put my application in last October, when I knew I qualified but never heard anything from them.

My circs changed in December, although I still qualified. I asked about it and whether I should submit another application but amazingly nobody at Scottish Power could answer my question, no surprise there then! So I submitted a new application detailing the change of circs, which still meant I qualified.

I do think it is pretty dire that they can't write out to you, or ring, or email, to let you know that having received your aplication you do qualify and will be paid it, subject to any additional checks that they make.

It is one thing knowing that you qualify yourself but it is still a worry until they actually confirm it for you. It would save a hell of a lot of people a lot of worry at this time of year. Also it is plain good manners to acknowledge that they have received your application. Customer Service - no chance just make sure you pay us our money to keep our profits up!!!!!
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,952 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    i was told i qua;ified too. bit i have nothing in writing, so cant prove that i applied. when i phoned they said that they cant axxess the information to confirm that i will definately be getting the grant, but to wait til 1.4 before i start worrying about it!

last year i qualified, but i moved into a new build, and it took them from september to fecruaury to sort our accounts out ... too late to apply!
    they said .... never mind, you can apply in ocober for next winter and gave me £20 as compensation, didnt matter to them that i'd lost £120 because they refused to send someone round to check which meter belonged to which property!
  • tinacee1
    tinacee1 Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I received an email from british gas yesterday which I have posted below. They are telling me that they need to have a copy of my Benefit Entitlement letter from Dept. Work and Pensions for period 6th April 2012 to 31st March 2013.

I have to send that with a copy of their validation form which I have downloaded and printed out from their email. They have to receive this before 22nd March , which is not a lot of time really as I have lost my DWP Benefit Entitlement Letter.

MY QUESTION IS :
    Would I be able to get a copy of my benefit entitlement letter from the Dept. of Work and pensions as I cannot find my original one.

COPY OF THE EMAIL I RECEIVED YESTERDAY;

Dear Mrs Connor
    Important information required for the British Gas 2012/2013 Warm Home Discount Payment
    Thank you for applying for the Warm Home Discount Scheme for Winter 2012/13. We’ve reviewed the income related benefit information you gave in your application with the Department for Work and Pensions, and unfortunately they’re unable to confirm whether you are eligible for the scheme through British Gas.

When you applied for the 2012 Warm Home Discount payment, we explained that we may require written documentary evidence from you to support your application. We now require this information and payment of the £130 Warm Home Discount is dependent on this evidence being submitted. If you qualify, a credit will be made to your electricity account / meter by 31st of March 2013.

If you do not provide this information by Friday 22nd March 2013, we will not be able to give you the Warm Home Discount payment.

You have previously advised us that you meet our eligibility criteria because:

You or your partner are in receipt of 1 of the following income related benefits:

• Income Related Employment & Support Allowance (ESA)
    • Income Based Job Seekers Allowance (JSA)
    • Income Support

AND in addition you qualify for 1 of the following reasons:

• You have parental responsibility for a child of 5 years or younger
    • You receive Child Tax Credits• You receive a Disability Premium
    • You receive a Pensioner Premium

What you need to do next:

• Please provide us with a copy of all pages of the benefit letter you have received from the Department for Work & Pensions (DWP) for period 06th April 2012 – 31st March 2013 showing benefit entitlement (And any Disability or Pensioner premiums if relevant).

In addition;

• If you receive Child Tax Credits, you will also need to send in all pages of the Tax Credit award from the Inland Revenue for the period 06th April 2012 – 31st March 2013 stating Child Tax Credit entitlement
    • If you have a child under 5, please send in a copy of the child’s birth certificate or passport

Please click here to download your Validation Form and return this to the freepost address given on the form with all necessary supporting documentation by Friday 22nd March. Please only provide photocopies of proof as we are not able to return originals.

Alternatively, please attach scanned copies of your validation form and documents and email these to us at WHDBRG@charisgrants.com Please note that you must provide full and complete documentary evidence that confirms you meet the eligibility criteria in order for us to make a Warm Home Discount payment.

Yours sincerely

Customer Services Director
  • minimad1970
    minimad1970 Posts: 6,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I received mine today from British Gas, I have to take the letter to the post office to have it added to my pre-payment key.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport