warm home discount scheme

Options

Comments

• Simon7685
    Simon7685 Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Simon Can you e-mail details to [EMAIL="social@scottishpower.com"]social@scottishpower.com[/EMAIL] we can check for you? Thanks David

I emailed this morning ............
    No response received as yet. I appreciate that it is the same day but doesn't this just go to further show the lack of communication from the main providers regarding this scheme? A company the size of SP should be able to respond to a simple question on the same day. They should also have let people know long before now if they were getting the WHD or not.

They just don't understand how much worry they cause people over this WHD scheme. I personally don't care if I end up with a big bill as a result of heating my home, I will cross that bridge when I come to it. However a hell of a lot of people choose not to have the heating on because they are worried about big bills that they can't pay and do the big 6 care? No, they can't even let people know whether or not they are going to get this helping hand in a timely manner.
  • rich_shot2003
    rich_shot2003 Posts: 2,151 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I called British Gas yet again today and i keep being told all sorts of things by them about when i will get it.

Today was told i will get it by March 31st so as its a bank holiday then i should get it by Saturday.

well we will see but one thing i know and that is i know i wont get it by then and that i will have to yet again contact them next week to get there backsides moving.

why do they leave it so late to pay people? i just dont get it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    last year we got ours from sse at the end of march,this time early december
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,951 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    scottish power managed to diddle me out of mine last year.
    im not holding my breth on receiving it without a fight this year either.
    when i applied, the dodnt send me any kind of confirmation, do i suppose it could come down to their word against mine
  • Simon7685
    Options
    Part of my theory on why they leave it so late.........

A lot of people have bills due in March, if they issue a bill before they credit your account and you are in debt, which most people are at the end of winter. They can nicely increase your payments by a greater amount if the WHD hasn't been credited.
  • Scottish_Power
    Scottish_Power Posts: 1,263 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi if you applied for WHD on our website there was a confirmation reference at the end of the application process. All successful applications will have their payments credited by the end of March. If anyone wants me to check their account specifically, please e-mail me at [EMAIL="social@scottishpower.com"]social@scottishpower.com[/EMAIL] Thanks David
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Scottish Power. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • rich_shot2003
    rich_shot2003 Posts: 2,151 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anyone from British Gas come on here?
  • tinacee1
    tinacee1 Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It doesn't surprise me that anyone from British Gas is not on here. They haven't been a great help to me when appealing to them for assistance with contacting CHARIS. At least Scottish Power are trying to advise people who have been experiencing the frustrating problems caused by CHARIS....
  • Simon7685
    Options
    Hi if you applied for WHD on our website there was a confirmation reference at the end of the application process. All successful applications will have their payments credited by the end of March. If anyone wants me to check their account specifically, please e-mail me at [EMAIL="social@scottishpower.com"]social@scottishpower.com[/EMAIL] Thanks David

I did email you yesterday as per your message then, I have still not received a reply.

I have once again logged into my account and there is still no sign of the WHD being credited. I think the problem is the lack of communication between the supplier and the customer regarding the WHD scheme. Is it really so hard for SP or any other supplier to let people know whether they are going to receive the payment or not???

In my individual case........

I applied for WHD last June, while still with BG. Within a few weeks they had written to me and confirmed that unless my circumstances changed or I switched supplier, I would be receiving the credit to my account by the end of this March. This is an example of decent customer service and put my mind at rest.

I switched to Scottish Power in October 2012 and was advised that I needed to apply to them. I applied online on 22 October. I received nothing, just an online confirmation with a Ref No: E00013536.

In December my circumstances changed, although I still met the criteria but under a different element.

I emailed to ask whether due to the change I needed to reapply,
    I received no response!

So I opted to submit a 2nd application detailing the change of circs and explaining why I had reapplied. I received another Ref No: E00040336 but nothing else.

Having not received any communications from SP regarding WHD, I opted to ring up and ask. The person at the other end of the phone would do nothing more than tell me, if I was getting it, it would be credited by 31st March. She said that was as much as she could tell me. I also emailed at the same time, the email was answered telling me that as I had rung up the query was regarded as resolved. This is a classic example of poor customer service and resolved nothing. I was none the wiser as to whether or not I would be receiving the payment!

You asked me to email yesterday, I did and now over 24 hours later there is still no reply and once again I am no wiser as to whether or not I am having the WHD applied to my account?

Instead it seems we revert to type, with the stock answer of;

"
    All successful applications will have their payments credited by the end of March."

This is all well and good but how are customers supposed to know whether or not their application has been successful or not when SP does not tell them?

Instead we have thousands of people sat throughout the country in the middle of the coldest March for goodness knows how many years, that are worried sick about putting the fire or heating on, for fear of the winter bill dropping on their doormats in the near future.

All because Scottish Power and other major suppliers can't be bothered to let people know whether or not they are getting this payment.

This is an example of terrible customer service!because all any of the energy companies not just SP don't give a damn about their customers and their only concern is adding to the billions of pounds profits they make each year and how they can justify charging ever increasing prices to add to them. This is an example of what customers actually know to be 100% accurate and how we ALL feel about all the suppliers!

• Simon7685
    Options
    tinacee1 wrote: »
    It doesn't surprise me that anyone from British Gas is not on here. They haven't been a great help to me when appealing to them for assistance with contacting CHARIS. At least Scottish Power are trying to advise people who have been experiencing the frustrating problems caused by CHARIS....

Advising people by telling them if their application is successful they will receive payment by the 31st March. which isn't actually advising them of anything they don't already know.

They are all the same, only interested in fleecing people out of more and more money every year...........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure