warm home discount scheme

Options

Comments

• rich_shot2003
    rich_shot2003 Posts: 2,150 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well postman has just been and still no dam letter from british gas to take to post office.

So really just the post on saturday now for it to come.

The whole thing is a mess up.
  • Donmarie74
    Options
    Had today's post and still no payment from British Gas,i seriously doubt mine will come on Saturday what are the odds after 3 weeks from issue date! Makes me so mad.They know how times are hard for everyone, people like myself are relying on that payment and all said and done its rightfully mine! :mad: Why leave it so damn late and make people like myself worry that im not going to recieve the payment.
  • rich_shot2003
    Options
    oh my god im sure British gas do not know what they are doing as i just called them again and ask to speak to someone higher which i did and they have now told me that the Credit will go onto my key when i next top up!!!!!!

That is not what they have told me till today so she said that if i take it to a shop to top it up over the next couple of times then the message will download to the key then to the meter.

im sure they make it up as they go along.
  • minimad1970
    minimad1970 Posts: 6,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    oh my god im sure British gas do not know what they are doing as i just called them again and ask to speak to someone higher which i did and they have now told me that the Credit will go onto my key when i next top up!!!!!!

That is not what they have told me till today so she said that if i take it to a shop to top it up over the next couple of times then the message will download to the key then to the meter.

im sure they make it up as they go along.

I had my letter from BG about 2 weeks ago and it was a barcode that had to be taken to the Post Office where they then topped up my pre-payment key. I was with Southern Electric last year and it went on automaticaly when I topped up. I hope you get it sorted out.
  • hippygran
    hippygran Posts: 209 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    British Gas wrote to me saying that they would contact me further to let me know how the money would be credited (key account) this was on 17th December, they haven't contacted me at all since. I have e-mailed several times. Nothing.
    But I have been topping up almost daily and nothing has happened as yet!
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,951 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    still received nothing from scottish power.
    the soonest i could be paid now is 2nd april. so much for their guarantees of 'everyone will receive WHD ny march 31st'
    after last years fiasco, i cant help thinking that they will find a way to stop me getting it .... AGAIN
  • Scottish_Power
    Scottish_Power Posts: 1,263 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Andrew-b, nannytone, please e-mail us at [EMAIL="social@scottishpower.com"]social@scottishpower.com[/EMAIL] and we can check your accounts for you.

Thanks

David
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Scottish Power. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • hippygran
    hippygran Posts: 209 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have just topped up my BG key meter with a very paltry £3 (just to ensure it doesn't run put while we are away for a couple of days) and now have £134.07 of electric. :T
    So so glad, because it has been so cold we have been really struggling but now am putting plan b into play. I will top us the gas with the money I would have used for electric, so doubling up the gas amount for the time being. Once both meters have a similar amount on (i.e. the gas credit catches up with the electric credit, then I am going to continue putting the summer amount (a fiver on each usually in summer), so next winter will be a doddle!
    :T
  • Simon7685
    Simon7685 Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    andrew-b wrote: »
    I have just sent you an email David linking back to this post with my account details.

I wouldn't hold your breath Andrew, I emailed as per Davids request and got no response.

I would advise going onto the SP website and following the links for complaints. There is an email link for submitting your complaint, at least if you do that you create a paper trail that you can fall back on. If it's writing they can't deny it as easy........
  • rich_shot2003
    Options
    hippygran wrote: »
    Have just topped up my BG key meter with a very paltry £3 (just to ensure it doesn't run put while we are away for a couple of days) and now have £134.07 of electric. :T
    So so glad, because it has been so cold we have been really struggling but now am putting plan b into play. I will top us the gas with the money I would have used for electric, so doubling up the gas amount for the time being. Once both meters have a similar amount on (i.e. the gas credit catches up with the electric credit, then I am going to continue putting the summer amount (a fiver on each usually in summer), so next winter will be a doddle!
    :T

Well done im glad you got your payment in the end.

I keep getting told i will get it in the post then i called yesterday lunchtime to be told it will go on to my key but would have to top up 3 times which i did but guess what it didnt go on so called them again to be told i will get it in post.

So why did they tell me at lunchtime i will get it on key but then a few hours later tell me it will come in post.

They do not know what they are doing in my view.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure