Has anyone flown Emirates?

I'm going to China in Aug, flying into one airport and out of another. I've been searching for ages for cheap flights, was bored at lunchtime so went into a travel agent - they quoted me just over £500 to fly to Beijing with Emirates - checked their website tonight and they are absolutely right with the price! I'd never thought of using them, I was trying KLM, BA, Air France, so I'd be interested to know what opinion anyone has of them, before I go ahead and book at a price £200 less than what I thought I could get my flight for!!!

There's a stopover in Dubai, of which I know nothing, of 2.5 hours going and slightly more coming back, so I'd also be grateful of anyone's feedback on Dubai airport!

Thanks, I'm so excited now that I think I can maybe get the flight so much cheaper, subject to your feedback!

Comments

• ozskin
    ozskin Posts: 451 Forumite
    emirates are great, and dubai airport is very new very shiny and a shoppers paradise
  • lynn44
    lynn44 Posts: 1,096 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    flew emirates to australia great airline....go ahead quick and book... done BA and Qantas none beat Emirates...
    I would love to be a Travel Agent :j
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I flew to India for a holiday, flew out with Virgin direct to Dehli and back from Bombay with Emirates with similar stop over at Dubai.

Emirates were far superior, excellent service more legroom, would certainly recommend them and use them again myself.

The duty free zone at Dubai is also superb, take a credit card some real bargins to be had. I bought a Canon digital camera there for half the UK price .
  • malima
    malima Posts: 297 Forumite
    Hi there,
    I only use emirates if they have a sale, we usually go to Hong Kong.
    The plane itself is not bad, there is a tv at hte back of every seat, also a games console,(not very good actually), there is a camera on the nose of the plane and at the bottom of the plane, so you can see what is going on outside, from your tv.
    The air stewardess's are ok, food...well, aeroplane food, what do you expect,same old, same old.

Dubai aiport is lovely, you can do a wee bit of shopping there will you wait, not paticularly big, but some good shopping to be done,and also quite clean, there's usually quite a few middle eastern gentlemen sleeping/ lying in the airport,waiting on flights, but they don't bother you.
    Oh, it's also VERY hot, we arrived at 12am midnight, and when we stepped off the plane, it was like a hot hairdryer blowing in your face.

Hope this helps, and enjoy your holiday.
    malima
  • 2.5 stopover plus the extra flight times to route via the Middle East (Dubai isn't exactly enroute).

Personally, I'd always pay the extra to fly direct. Bear in mind that almost all of BA's longhaul routes will have video-on-demand seatback tv by August.
  • Emirates definately better than KLM and Air France. BA is fine, but they seem to be on strike every so often.

Emirates is in fact quite good.
  • duh
    duh Posts: 259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Good airline. Their skywards rewards programme is recommended..sign up online and get a few extra points I think. Many hotels and car rentals are part of this programme so you could be getting that reward flight pretty soon!Skywards membership may entitle you to some added baggage allowance.
    'You see the coefficient of the linear is juxtapositioned by the haemoglobin of the atmospheric pressure in the country..c'mon gajive join the party' :dance:
  • malamala wrote:
    BA is fine, but they seem to be on strike every so often
    Only according to the Daily Mail. It could be argued that the right to strike is actually healthy in a Capitalist economy because it stops the fat cats getting richer at the expense of the workers. Emirates staff won't strike because they're literally scared of the repercussions. I won't be putting my money towards any regime like that.
  • Only according to the Daily Mail. It could be argued that the right to strike is actually healthy in a Capitalist economy because it stops the fat cats getting richer at the expense of the workers. Emirates staff won't strike because they're literally scared of the repercussions. I won't be putting my money towards any regime like that.

Fairplay to you, but I'd rather put my money towards a reliable airline. I was stranded for two days because of the strike of Air France. Not a good experience at all.
  • pin
    pin Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Many millions of people have flown Emirates. Have a look at Airlinequality for reviews of their services.
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" - Mahatma Gandhi
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport