PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

False economy (merged threads)

Comments

• Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    As my daughter and I wear the same size shoe I would dispute what they say about them not moulding to your feet as I know straight away if I have put my daughter's shoes on and not my own :eek: second hand shoes, apart from borrowing my daughters are a no, no for me too!
  • Hello!!

This is my first post,,,

I buy all my shoes from New look, they're sooo cheap, you can go in and try them on yourself and they last ages!!

Sorry but there's only girlie shoes, but every little helps eh?? :rolleyes:
    cooler bag/£30 Chat mag/Pantene pack /Xmas meal /10 real people mag. /Nivea xmas pack! /3 cadbury cream eggs./£25 real people /.Loreal bronzing balls.£25 real people mag/Thomas Cook holiday/£1000 joe browns clothes/nandos platter/chambord/4 mcfc ticks/2 night deluxe glamping/2 cineworld ticks/2 nail varnishes/Giraffe Vouchers/Caribbean Cruise!
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    New look in the sales - fantastic! shoes that is....
    I would add to the false economies cheap coffee and cheap wine, and probably cheap cheese too. All are worth the extra cost for superior taste and quality, just have a little less a bit less often. Same with chocolate.
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Talking about shoes. I dont normally buy cheap shoes but i bought a pair of shoes from Asda. I expected them to last me as far as it took me to walk from the car to the house, but ive had them ages - and suprise suprise, they dont hurt my feet. The heels have hardly been touched too. By now i would be on my 4th or 5th pair of shoes.
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I agree with Sarahsaver on the cheap wine. I bought some stuff in France a good few years ago that is still sitting in my wine rack as it tastes more like vinegar. I'm trying to add it to my cooking, but I don't want to taste red wine ALL the time. Fingers crossed I'm getting rid of the last bottle tomorrow.....................
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • Curry_Queen
    Curry_Queen Posts: 5,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Sarahsaver wrote:
    I would add to the false economies cheap coffee and cheap wine, and probably cheap cheese too. All are worth the extra cost for superior taste and quality, just have a little less a bit less often. Same with chocolate.

I have to agree with you on all counts there :D

I would rather go without than compromise on quality if I couldn't afford them ;)
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• Curry_Queen
    Curry_Queen Posts: 5,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    VickyA wrote:
    I'm trying to add it to my cooking, but I don't want to taste red wine ALL the time.

The Golden Rule is never cook with a wine that you wouldn't drink, as you can still taste it in the food ;)
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    The Golden Rule is never cook with a wine that you wouldn't drink, as you can still taste it in the food ;)

I agree in fact if I'm adding wine I tend to use the same wine we will be drinking with the meal :D
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • in_my_wellies
    in_my_wellies Posts: 1,647 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I buy Clarks shoes for the children, all 4 of them, and I have only ever paid full price once when i couldn't get D fitting in the sale. I think it's important that they look good for the whole time they wear them. Good leather always come up well after a polish and this makes them last longer.

I agree about the cheese and coffee!
    Love living in a village in the country side
  • Hello Cheerleader - welcome to MSE!
    Adopt a retired racing greyhound. Go on... you know you wanna....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure