PPI FAQs discussion thread

Options

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Depends. You can't say you didn't need it or know about it because you used it. If you are successful, they will take out what you've already been paid first.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • doubleonothing
    Options
    Hello, and appologies if already asked elsewhere.

I've been meaning to claim for some time but working out of the country for months at a time has stopped me.

I believe I have a PPI claim against Barclaycard and Lloyds TSB for credit cards, but I can't remember how I took the cards out with them - phone, branch, online etc. Does this matter?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello, and appologies if already asked elsewhere.

I've been meaning to claim for some time but working out of the country for months at a time has stopped me.

I believe I have a PPI claim against Barclaycard and Lloyds TSB for credit cards, but I can't remember how I took the cards out with them - phone, branch, online etc. Does this matter?

yes it does matter as there is nothing wrong with having PPI. It all comes down to how it was sold. If you cant remember how it was sold, you hinder your complaint
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • doubleonothing
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    yes it does matter as there is nothing wrong with having PPI. It all comes down to how it was sold. If you cant remember how it was sold, you hinder your complaint

Thank you for your reply.

Is there anywhere I can find out how I took out the accounts with them - bar finding paperwork? Can I request it from the banks?

Thank you in advance.
  • dunstonh
    Options
    Thank you for your reply.

Is there anywhere I can find out how I took out the accounts with them - bar finding paperwork? Can I request it from the banks?

Thank you in advance.

You can pay £10 to each bank and they will supply the data they hold. It may or may not include that information depending on how long ago it was and how that data is stored.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • espra
    espra Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    I am trying to reclaim Egg Card and Loan PPI, I wondered if anyone knew who to contact now that Egg no longer exists?
  • richdac
    Options
    Barclaycard have written to me accepting that I may have been mis sold PPI and upholding my complaints BUT as I paid no premiums over the 6 years I was owed no money!!!! in spite of receiving 2 letters saying that since I had defaulted on both accounts after 6 years they were not going to take any more PPI premiums from my accounts and were terminating the insurance. Does this make sense?
  • richdac
    Options
    Egg were taken over by Barclays so they will need to deal with it
  • Baby_panda
    Options
    Hi,
    If my claim is successful will I be able to choose which account my ppi compensation is paid into?

The loans were settled in full but I do still have a bank account with the lender.

I don't want any compensation to be automatically paid into that account, I would like to nominate an account I have with a different bank.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)
  • dunstonh
    Options
    Baby_panda wrote: »
    Hi,
    If my claim is successful will I be able to choose which account my ppi compensation is paid into?

The loans were settled in full but I do still have a bank account with the lender.

I don't want any compensation to be automatically paid into that account, I would like to nominate an account I have with a different bank.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

A cheque is normally sent.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure