PPI FAQs discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Trishhull
    Options
    I had a car loan about 5 years ago. Separated from my husband and ended up being taken to court and ended with a CCJ. The car repossessed. After 4 years I received a notice saying the payments had been paid. Direct from my wages. I now have been told I still owe £6000. Can I claim PPI after all this time and my CCJ
  • Stupid_Question
    Options
    Trishhull wrote: »
    I had a car loan about 5 years ago. Separated from my husband and ended up being taken to court and ended with a CCJ. The car repossessed. After 4 years I received a notice saying the payments had been paid. Direct from my wages. I now have been told I still owe £6000. Can I claim PPI after all this time and my CCJ

Who told you the loan was clear / you still owe 6k? Did the AOE clear the full balance or did they write some off?

If you do still owe the 6k it's unlikely that any potential redress would clear it. If they are no longer chasing you for this money and it's just recorded as a loss in their accounts there's not really much point in you complaining, the money will just go towards the loss they have made on you.
    My username refers to my enthusiasm for 'asking the stupid question' I don't think you're stupid!
  • Loublou1978
    Options
    I took out ppi via an ifa who I've learnt has had their licence revoked by the Fsa. I tried to claim via the comoensation scheme to be told they cannot help me as its before 2005.is there anything else I can do or have I lost my right to claim??
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I took out ppi via an ifa who I've learnt has had their licence revoked by the Fsa. I tried to claim via the comoensation scheme to be told they cannot help me as its before 2005.is there anything else I can do or have I lost my right to claim??

The FSA did not regulate insurance prior to 2005. So, you have no-one to complain to. Game over.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • amanda180605
    Options
    I sent a letter asking for my goldfish data, and barclays sent me all my egg data, i am now sending them another letter with goldfish data in big bold letters, and giving them another 40 days. but every time i phone up about my goldfish account, they say that they cant find the account. ive given them the credit card number, which i thought should be the account number, but barclays are saying there should be another number, which i cant find!!! please help!!!!:mad::(
  • bookmark2
    Options
    Having been under a debt management company and since settled my debts. However we made an offer to all of them which they accepted and their letters said either:

Account will be settled and no further action will be sought
    or
    Upon receipt of your partial settlement the remaining balance of your accout will be closed and not pursued by ourselves or our client.
    or
    Upon receipt of the payment we will take no futher action to recover the remaining balance and advise the credit reference agencies accordingly.

Should we attempt to claim PPI back from these companies now, and if we won, would they then use it against the part of the debt that they say they had written off?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Should we attempt to claim PPI back from these companies now, and if we won, would they then use it against the part of the debt that they say they had written off?

They would be allowed to use any redress payment against the amount written off.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • bstarduk
    Options
    Please help.I am trying to determine if I have been mis sold PPI.
    I have a credit report but do not know what I am looking for.
    Most of my loans and mortgages are now paid up so I no longer have any documentation to check.
    Where and hoe do I start to find out?
    Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

forget any part thats says ask for your original agreements though, they don'thave to supply them for closed accounts.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Pinball009
    Options
    If my 7year loan has finished in 2012 but used the insurance in 2011 due to redundancy, can I still claim PPI back
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure