PPI FAQs discussion thread

Options

Comments

• bookmark2
    Options
    Having previously been with a debt management company under a debt management plan and finally settling my debts (although some as partial settlements as having done deals with the credit card companies/banks).

The letters I have had back from the companies said the following:

Account will be settled and no further monies will be sought.

Or

Upon receipt of your partial settlement the remaining balance of your account will be closed and not pursued by our ourselves or our client.

Or

we are prepared to accept partial payment, upon receipt of cleared partial payment your account will be closed.

Or

Upon receipt of the paymet we will take no further action to recover the remaining balance and advise the credit reference agencies according.

If I was successful in claiming any PPI back, would any of these companies be able to hold any money back as I had only settled partially?
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,589 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yes, all of them.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • angelev74
    angelev74 Posts: 86 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    I'm just after a bit of advice please. Back in 2002 my husband (now my ex) and I took out a loan with Nationwide. From what I can recall it was for £17000 over 10 years. At the time we took out the loan we were told if we didn't take out PPI we probably wouldn't get the loan and felt we were more or less bullied in to having it.
    To cut a long story short we complained to Nationwide in 2004 (I think!) when ever the mis selling of PPI came about but our complaint was disregarded.
    Anyway out of the blue my ex gets a letter from Nationwide a couple of days ago saying they are going to re investigate our complaint that we made about being mis sold PPI and sent us a form to fill in.
    Just wondered if they are re investigating it after all this time does that mean we may get something back from it now? We paid of the loan in 2012 and how do you work out what you may be owed. Any help would be appreciated.
  • -taff
    Options
    No idea
    Whatever you paid in PPI plus the associated interest, plus 8% simple interest.
  • hollowhead
    hollowhead Posts: 464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I had a credit card with ppi on it with the associates which became citi and now opus. I have tried to contact them through various addresses but have had no replies. Anyone know which address I should send my complaint to? the original card was with Associates.
  • hollowhead
    Options
    hollowhead wrote: »
    I had a credit card with ppi on it with the associates which became citi and now opus. I have tried to contact them through various addresses but have had no replies. Anyone know which address I should send my complaint to? the original card was with Associates.

Anyone help ? Please:)
  • -taff
    Options
    Depends when it was closed.
    If you closed it before Opus took over,then you need to complain to Citi etc.

When did you shut the card down?
  • hollowhead
    Options
    Card is still going but stopped ppi 8 years ago. Am I right in thinking the associates changed to citi? Have send forms off to citi in November but heard nothing since?
  • -taff
    Options
    Complain to OPUS to start with and see what they say. Phone them rather than write, they may be able to sort it out quicker on the phone
    http://www.opuscard.co.uk/content.aspx?dsid=639
  • Loobylou14
    Options
    Several years ago I was urged by a financial advisor to take out mortgage protection and unemployment and critical illness cover from 2 different companies. Scottish Equitable and Adminicle. Are these likely to be eligible for ppi repayment?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure