PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Replies

• zx81zx81 Forumite
    33.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't sound mis sold.

Your wife had very limited sick pay and you chose to take the policy.

If it's more than 6 months since you complained, you're also out of time.
  • amersallamersall Forumite
    17K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had an Empire Stores catalogue for about 25 years but no longer have it (probably finished it about 10 years ago). Can I make a claim for PPI? They are not on Resolver but having googled them I note they are still trading. Do I just write direct to them to see if I can claim PPI? Thanks in advance....
    If you have statements showing the insurance, contact them with your reasons for mis sale, they are part of the littlewoods group.
    As it is ten years ago, you may not get anywhere with this, if you have the statements then give it a try.
  • BabycakesBabycakes Forumite
    239 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Can someone recommend a claims site for my dad? He lost his paperwork but says that he was missold PPI on his mortgage in 1980s
  • zx81zx81 Forumite
    33.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He just needs to send his complaint to the lender, but he also needs to accept there will almost certainly be no records remaining.
  • BabycakesBabycakes Forumite
    239 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    zx81 wrote: »
    He just needs to send his complaint to the lender, but he also needs to accept there will almost certainly be no records remaining.

He just doesn't think that he can deal with the paperwork. He is happy to make a claim through a company. Are there any claims companies that are recommended?
  • zx81zx81 Forumite
    33.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

If he can't deal with the paperwork of sending it direct, he won't want to use a claims company, as he will have more paperwork to do, not just in making his complaint, but also signing the contract with them.
  • jmfg21jmfg21 Forumite
    2 Posts
    I’ve made a petition – will you sign it?

Click this link to sign the petition:

My petition:

Exclude American Express Services Europe Limited from 29/08/2019 PPI Deadline

American Express Services Europe Limited (hitherto referred to in this document as AMEX) have failed to correctly respond to claimants regarding mis sold payment protection insurance by ignoring, delaying and giving misleading or false information to potential beneficiaries.

Amex have deliberately made it more difficult for any claims to be processed by adopting a Modus Operandi (MO) which included refusing to acknowledge third parties acting on behalf of claimants Ignore claims letters not sent by Recorded Delivery. Falsely indicate customers had signed and understood the insurance by ticking a box. Lying about proof

I can't add link so email me [email protected] and I will send you the link
  • Naboo23Naboo23 Forumite
    2 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary
    Hi not sure if I’m doing this right!
    Can anyone help or advise I had car finance which I took out at car craft back in 1998 I wrote to AFS who did the finance to claim
    PPI However they wrote back saying they stopped writing credit agreements in 2000 and hold no records I have all my finance paperwork they have also stated that they AFS were not authorised by the financial ombudsman therefore they state that they have no jurisdiction over them? Can I do anything about it? Thanks
  • zx81zx81 Forumite
    33.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. It's pre-regulation so time to move on.
  • My mortgage was with Abbey National which was taken over by Santander. When I approached then about PPI they told me that they did not have any records from the Abbey so I had no claim against them.

Is this true, can they just destroy the records then tell me to bog off?