PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2012 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just been to the local small town for a small shop (for me) this week. Just the butchers and the c00p. Total in the butchers was £24.23 including cooked meat for sarnies and a dozen F/R eggs. Then into the sm where I got everything on my list plus a few treats for the boys as I am away for work from Monday night to Thursday morning.
    Unfortunately they overcharged me £4.39 by putting as extra pack of cheese through (it was a bogof – I’d never pay that now!) – Fortunately DH forgot to ask me to collect his watch so he can get the refund while he’s back collecting that. Excuse any typos, the cat keeps walking across the keyboard (demanding attention – has anyone fed her today?). Sig up to date
    Happy St P’s Day
    SL
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • FlacosFloozie
    Options
    Some spends to update. £14.15 in the butches for a lovely beef joint we got 4 dinners out of and a pile of mince that was chilied and frozen.
    £61.83 :eek: in Mr T this week but it was a big stock up and the freezer is totally stuffed now so I'm hoping not much spending this week.
    And last the guilty £7.53 in Mr T for milk and muffins to cheer us up after a tough day...
    Best update my sig now :)
    MFW 2024 £0/7500 Mortgage £129,500 Jan 22 Final payment June 38 Now £99,801.75 FP May 36 Emergency Fund £17,500 100% Added to ISA 24 £0 Save 12k in 24 #31 £0/20,000 Debt Free 31.07.14
  • blackandwhitebunny
    Options
    I can't believe how many posts I've missed this week, will have to go back and read them while OH watches the rugby. The cats have splashed out again,:D £24 for two more 2kgs of RC biscuits and £8 for sheb* for 'spoilt little girl cat, the others are suggesting she has her own budget as she is so fussy but I've said no.:p
    I've had a few spends this week £12.56 on reduced meat at Mr S on Wednes but this included four packets of organic chicken thighs and drumsticks marked down for £3.50 to £1.30 so I was quite happy with that. Yesterday evening was a silly spend, I stopped at the S express on the way home to get rolls and cheese to go with the marked down burgers I had taken out, I gave in to a multi pack of walkers and it ended up being £5.10:eek: I guess that's what happens when you avaoid paying proper prices for a while. Today was 3.42 on cheese £10 on veggies and £14 in Mr S for fruit juice etc.
    Off to update sig now.
    I was off to conquer the world but I got distracted by something sparkly :D

• helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I'm here - real life is getting in the way at the moment but I'm just managing to keep up with your posts - reading and running. I think I've managed to keep up with your budgets but please, please shout if I've missed you

You're all doing really well and deserve a huge pat on the back for all your efforts and the recipes all sound lush

Have fun not shopping and . . .

Happy Mothers Day for tomorrow

Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • tracey12_2
    tracey12_2 Posts: 425 Forumite
    Options
    We've yet to be able to pay by debit card as it won't accept it, so have to pay by credit card at an extra cost of £2.50 :mad::mad::mad:Anyone else had the same?

I paid for my car tax last month with my debit card and had no problems

Tracey
    Officially debt free :j
  • bupster
    bupster Posts: 259 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Right, £16.84 in Ald* which puts me over budget by a few quid, but sod it, it's only a few quid and I'll be back on track next month (which starts in six days). Included in that was all the fruit and veg for the week, some microwotsit cleaning cloths, and a free range chicken, as well as some Red Label teabags (wish me luck :rotfl:).
    Grocery challenge September 2022: £230.04/£200
    Grocery challenge October 2022: 0/£200

2012 numbers:
    Grocery challenge - April £65.28/£80
    Entertainment - £79

Grocery challenge March £106.55/£100
    Grocery challenge February £90.11/£100
    Grocery challenge January £84.65/£300
  • mummyyof5
    mummyyof5 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Another £57.50 added to sig....went to MrAs and Ice**nd today instead of MrMs...it is a very small MrAs...only spent £57.50...much less than normal and it included 2 ready cooked chickens for an easy dinner tomorrow....myself and OH are out tonight at a 40th birthday party so he may be a little delicate in the morning lol x
    He always cooks Sunday dinner if he is home so decided on an easy one probs with new pots and salad rather than a roast.

Kids having burgers in buns chips and salad tonight..Oh may have eggs and beans on toast ...his fave...before we leave but there is a buffet so think I will wait till we get there x

OH away on tour next week so hoping to live out of freezer as much as poss..

good luck everyone x
    Feeding 6 Adults 1 Teen a 8 year old with hollow legs and a very fussy 5 year old. Also 3 cats and 3 fishies
    To include all Food,Toiletries and Petfood.
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi

I'm here

Helen x

:T:T:T Hooray :T:T:T Well done. I know I speak for all of us when I say thank you. I was worried we had driven you away for a while there!
    SL
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • hm71_2
    hm71_2 Posts: 1,980 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sorry havent been in for a while- so my grocery challenge for march
    week 1 - £62.80
    week 2 - 80.00 (DD2's birthday so bit more expense)
    week 3- £50 (at the mo)- finding buying online is saving me a fortune but have learnt not to buy from waitrose(had £20 off voucher) but dates are all terrible!
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

FEB challenge £128/£270 balance £142
    £2 saving club £140
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    I'm here - real life is getting in the way at the moment but I'm just managing to keep up with your posts - reading and running.
    :T:T:T Hooray :T:T:T Well done. I know I speak for all of us when I say thank you. I was worried we had driven you away for a while there!
    SL

:DDitto this Suffolk Lass!
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure