We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Daydream thread continues.....

Options

Comments

• Itismehonest
    Itismehonest Posts: 4,352 Forumite
    Options
    Exactly what I want....( only I thing I might paint mine yellow)

I expect to be able to afford one some time 2030 onwards! Its very reasonable for one in good nick, but there is so much else we need and want.

Yellow would be good .... or red ..... or maybe blue. Our old donkey cart was a very dashing shade of Maserati blue :rotfl:
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    I would be very carefull LIR...

There were two carts for sale in last mo morenth's farm auction, One needed total restoration and went for about £70 ( there were nothing like the one in the pic...more of a peasants one)

This pic was gtaken from just outside my front garden wall...

So as you guessed it its my inspiration to fleabay more..alot

I honestly cant see in their right minds would flipping pass this it is soooooooooooooooooooo f**king close to us....

due to open the end of November....

no wonder I al stressed/depressed most of the time, just wish We could just walk away from this house ...

003_zps59dcdcde.jpg
    Work to live= not live to work
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    where the digger is, is the main entrance from the main road into the supermarket, and our houses...Just imagine this open 24 hours a day, petrol station, lights, delivery lorries:o:o:o:o

the canopy behind the ga sign is the petrol station
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hugs ctc.

Re security, we are well back into the time of year where house is almost never left empty, too bound to the seasonal needs of critters E.g. I am out tomorrow but parent is here. Have warned parent though.
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    where the digger is, is the main entrance from the main road into the supermarket, and our houses...Just imagine this open 24 hours a day, petrol station, lights, delivery lorries:o:o:o:o

the canopy behind the ga sign is the petrol station

i seriously cannot believe that you are not entitled to some sort of compensation !! i would be firing from both barrels :mad:
    and ive seen the house which is now like a prisoner on alcatraz....:(

beggars belief they got away with it !
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 12 October 2012 at 8:05PM
    Options
    This is what happened at Tiverton Tesco. I assume Tesco bought out everyone in the block....apart from one!
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=tiverton+tesco&hl=en&ll=50.903469,-3.4811&spn=0.000002,0.001478&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=tesco&hnear=0x486d931370a51f8f:0x1e30820400ba441e,Tiverton,+Devon&cid=0,0,15789977495290852986&t=h&z=20&layer=c&cbll=50.903469,-3.4811&panoid=iVaLIAl9BejdCkAwUdZoyg&cbp=12,1,,0,2.7

Asda are a real pain for you, CTC, so you may have to find some ways to be a similar pain for them.....such as having a few smelly bonfires when the wind is right. Not a serious offence, or even an offence at all, but the potential impact....! ;):D:o

I'm sure you can think of other ideas. :D

The quicker they decide to buy you out the better.

Meanwhile, dodgy hugs....:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
  • Itismehonest
    Options
    Oh dear, CTC :(
    I would think you should be entitled to something - even if only a reduction in CT & some form of compensation for the noise & disturbance. Have you got together with the neighbours to see what you might be due?

It's ironic, though, isn't it? We have inalienable land in front of us here but, without wishing for anything quite that close, I'd love to have some shops within walking distance & a supermarket that isn't a 30 mile round trip.
    In fact, I honestly don't know where our nearest Asda's is. :o It used to be in Taunton - 50 miles or so away.
    A friend couldn't believe it when I told her I've never seen the inside of an Ikea & only ever once seen one from the outside. :rotfl:

It really is a case of different worlds, eh?
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    what the problem is here A$da are only leasing the land from the land developer ( which has now changed due to the first one going belly up just after the planning was agreed)

After contacting A$da they said it was up to the developer to compensate us, not them.

The Developer will not buy us out or give us any sort of compensation, if fact acording to their report on the impact to the immediate and surounding area, our house value would increase:eek::eek::eek: and the council believed it!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sorry for venting again... ( will delete pic later just incase anyone local recognise the area) I am just piddled off with it..

Even though I know I have my Dream Ranch in the making... I know I still got to pay/run this place with a bl00dy big supermarket in my front garden..

Its also annoying that everyone local thinks we have had compensation, there is even romours that our we have been bought out at a £250k per house:rotfl:

Never mind the weekend is here, and its a free listing weekend, and I have been getting some listings done ready.... some little nylon numbers;):rotfl::p

flip..missing American Preppers
  • Itismehonest
    edited 12 October 2012 at 9:03PM
    Options
    what the problem is here A$da are only leasing the land from the land developer ( which has now changed due to the first one going belly up just after the planning was agreed)

After contacting A$da they said it was up to the developer to compensate us, not them.

The Developer will not buy us out or give us any sort of compensation, if fact acording to their report on the impact to the immediate and surounding area, our house value would increase:eek::eek::eek: and the council believed it!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sorry for venting again... ( will delete pic later just incase anyone local recognise the area) I am just piddled off with it..

Even though I know I have my Dream Ranch in the making... I know I still got to pay/run this place with a bl00dy big supermarket in my front garden..

Its also annoying that everyone local thinks we have had compensation, there is even romours that our we have been bought out at a £250k per house:rotfl:

Never mind the weekend is here, and its a free listing weekend, and I have been getting some listings done ready.... some little nylon numbers;):rotfl::p

flip..missing American Preppers

The local TV news, papers & even Watchdog tend to like to take these sort of issues on.
    Developers & supermarkets don't much like their name on the news as baddies. Neither do they like the press looking closely into past deals. Get the media on side.

The Council is bound to look into noise level complaints if they are outside legal limits. Your MP should also be involved.
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    LETS HAVE A VOTE PLEASE... WHICH ONES ?

wave%20tulip%20006Webshot.jpg
    280782710524004_7.jpg

261105882000002_1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories