We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread continues.....

Options

Comments

• lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,747 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Luckily OH has his garden machinery business to take over full time. We had planned for another year of fulltime work before taking the plinge, to get the debt cleared and then a bit of a cushion. I'll find out more on Monday re my hours as I was off last week and down in the smoke.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    lOVED the email Alfie:D i have pm'd you..

Luceille... it doesnt rain it bloody pours... re- hubby redundancy and your hours being cut, is there any sort of small business you could start up for extra money? Is there any plants etc in an around the place you can take cuttings etc so you can sell them next year

I allways found even though i need/want money now, I allways used to try and forward plan for pennies coming in... ( didnt allways work lol)

Is there any local regular farm auctions, that you can buy and sell stuff, even if you just make a quid or 2?

I used to pot up some sedums etc from my MIL garden, and then just plonk them in a part of the garden and forget about them until the following year, and flog them.. by then they would have grown/spread into a nice big pot full. Didnt sell then for alot, but it all added up.

Going to start it again.... so if anyone got anything like that i could have a few off-shoots off i would be VERY greatfull:beer:

Well the heavens opened up yesturday evening.... and you could see the steam coming up from the roads.... very pretty....

Fay..... Nice to see you popping in.... loads of people I have spoken too have said exactly the same thing about the NHS on Friday....Fingers crossed for the Bulldog...I think the Global Gathering was there this weekend?

Right off to leave the 'flock' out

CTC... not sure who you Pm'd but it aint me missus...:D :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

i can send u some good hollyhock seeds that if you sprinkle now on top of a row of pots will start to grow,be bigger next year to sell on. they grow well AND tall.... over 6ft. 2nd year flowering.

30iztl3.jpg

it was really sunny today but slight wind, until 7pm we had massive thunder and a short sharp rain storm for 5/10 mins :)

i "got" today 3 big square metal looking [but think plaster/resin ?] planters. biggest 2ft cube, 2 smaller 18" cube..
    heavy and solid...:D £5 :D

just missed getting LIR a fabulous heavy brass welly boot rack thing . like a huge towel rail but with lots of poles coming out for wellies. fixed either on the wall OR on a sleeper type bit of wood...never seen one in solid brass, heavy old thing !! BUT now you know what it was like you also know i didnt get it....:(
    nearly mugged the lady who bought it....:rotfl::rotfl:

STITCHES OUT TOMOROW :T:T:T
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Did you not follow her home alfie????

Sounds great...but something i have learned from youis that there is always the next thing to buy...;)
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ooo bollucks i must have sent the pm to Alfie not Alfie 1 :D

Here is our pig paddock with our van in it:D

Alfie... we also have grass:rotfl:

001-64.jpg
    004-54.jpg
    005-50.jpg
    003-64.jpg
    Work to live= not live to work
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This is the start of the next part to clear:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Its the battery chicken shed that has just been left to colapse and rot ( they did weigh in all the metal cages though)

but we did make a start on it...

what is it with men and fires:rotfl::rotfl:

007-48.jpg

010-18.jpg

we will be moving the pig arc over to the far corner when we have the pigs, so it will be further away from the footpath
  • Lotus-eater
    Lotus-eater Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why are you not letting the pigs root up the bits that need to be cleared CTC?
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Love the piccies, CTC. :TThey give a much better idea of what you're doing, even though you've described it perfectly well before. :)

So bloomin' tired tonight, which is daft, because I've only done plants today.....

I will try to post tomorrow. :o:o
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 29 July 2012 at 11:29PM
    Options
    Why are you not letting the pigs root up the bits that need to be cleared CTC?

The paddock we just done, and the one with the remains of the battery chicken shed, had loads of crap/rubbish and asbestos on the ground...( they used asbestos sheets for the roofing so it was safer to clear the top off the ground...so we have more or less cleared it all now from one part

Once we have cleared this lot of ground, the rest then just needs to be re-fenced....

I put grass seeds on the earth, just ot have some sort of shoots for the pigs to eat for about 2 seconds they are in there...lol....

Edit.... the part we cleared of the colapsed shed is a tiny bit compared to what is left, they were huge long things..... so we are hope that we can clear and fence this part by christmas... I know it 5 months, BUT Believe me there is alot of crap in this part... so we want to take our time and do it properly
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    After all the pictures yesterday and before, I feel bound to add something, so here's DW a few days ago, playing "Hide the Neighbour" (!);)

2uokuae.jpg

It's a bit deceptive though, because the zoom has foreshortened everything. The gate, for instance, is roughly 70'-80' from where I took the shot.

Clearly, this was just before Pete whipped the bales away.

Anyway, we're glad to be getting these plants into the ground after literally years in pots. It's instant gardening, which is nice now, but not a technique I'd recommend! :o
  • rhiwfield
    rhiwfield Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    Options
    CTC, Yup, I'm a firestarter, twisted as well :D Very impressed with what you've done!!

Lir, thanks for the horse tack ID, goodness only knows how long those leather and brass browbands have been around.

Well, its rained at night and stayed dry during the day so the summery spell has stayed with us, until tonight and tomorrow when its due to pour down!

Time to catch up on generating cash instead of spending it :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport