We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread continues.....

Options

Comments

• alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    OOOPS I FORGOT i was invited to a BBQ tonite ! is it too late for me to go now ?? they are a wild bunch so prob just started .....
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Remember those cute little chicks I posted about a month ago? :)

Well..... 1pfs7o.jpg

What do you reckon? Two c0ckerels and one hen? There are two more prominent combs and the same two push forward, while the other is less bold.

Or am I just guessing? :o

Maybe a Christmas dinner is hidden somewhere in this picture!
  • Alexelisey
    Alexelisey Posts: 392 Forumite
    Options
    How old are they? From 8 weeks you can see which are which fairly accurately with the neck feathers - I've done it myself a few times. Take a piece of paper, slide under the feathers where the neck joins the body. Pointy tips and thin feather will indicate c*ckerel and rounded fatter feather will indicate hen. You can go by combs, but I don't find it as reliable. Good luck :cool:
    "...And if it don't feel good, what are you doing it for?" - Robbie Williams - 'Candy'
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Davesnave if they were my birds i would agree with you 2 [EMAIL="c@cks"]c@cks[/EMAIL] and 1 hen...

Alfie/Rhiwie i am getting lost with you two now????? :rotfl:

rain/grey outside....:o Think i will start looking for more wet weather clothes/jackets etc to take to the BULLDOG BASH ALfie:D
    and more jeans etc, as it looks as though its the outside main stage again this year, which will be no fun if you have no spare clothes, luckily we are taking the van and the caravan....sorry but our days of riding up on the bike, sleeping in the tent for 4 nights, and being wet and damp for the duration are over.. to old for all that:rotfl:
    Work to live= not live to work
  • Davesnave
    Options
    Alexelisey wrote: »
    How old are they? From 8 weeks you can see which are which fairly accurately with the neck feathers -

They're only 5 weeks at present, and Mum shows no sign of wanting to leave them yet. She's been brilliant. :)

In other news, I spent yesterday afternoon harvesting & then working on two systems for processing our comfrey. One involves letting it ferment in a barrel of water, before drawing that off to use as it is. The other is dry pressing in another barrel with a weight on top, to make a concentrated feed.

The main problem with the comfrey feed is the smell, which lingers on hands and clothes etc. As I may be getting used to it, this creates another problem, which is that soon I shan't know when I don't smell very nice! :(:o
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    edited 1 August 2012 at 10:15AM
    Options
    i gave up deciding whether i smell ok a long time ago.... keep a bottle of No 5 in the van and i may look like sh*t but dont smell like it....:o

CTC.... what a wuuus ! wheres the biker spirit ?? not that i want you to be drowned rats ,sitting in mud, watching fuses blow,and running out of liquid feed or anything ............ oh and the bands going on strike...........:rotfl::rotfl:

DAVE... did u notice that your terminology re "the duck" was hilarious..." I SHOT THIS "...:rotfl:
    headlines.... LOCAL MAN SHOOTS CHARITY DUCK...;)

OH AND I WENT TO bbq LAST NIGHT . great time ...old fella fell in the bushes 2 seconds after apologising for being a tad tipsy ............:rotfl: hitting a bowl of some fruit laden lethal cocktail as he went, sending an umbrella of fruit into the air which obviously didnt make me laugh hysterically at all.....:rotfl:
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I had a dream last night that dh left me for a duck. I wonder of davenave's photo started that.....
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    I had a dream last night that dh left me for a duck. I wonder of davenave's photo started that.....

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl:
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    Remember those cute little chicks I posted about a month ago? :)

Well..... 1pfs7o.jpg

What do you reckon? Two c0ckerels and one hen? There are two more prominent combs and the same two push forward, while the other is less bold.

Or am I just guessing? :o

Maybe a Christmas dinner is hidden somewhere in this picture!

:rotfl::rotfl: or :(:(
    you were well up on my xmas card list till i read the last line.....
    prob other way round and the ONE male knows his place...;) :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Davesnave
    Options

Sorry! :D

It was a very presentable, unnervingly confident and well-behaved duck, but definitely not as good as a DW, especially at social gatherings, where quite severe limitations in conversation would soon become apparent. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure