IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

G24 Contractual parking charge notice

Options

Comments

• Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    please read through this newbie thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=4816822

it will explain all including starting your own thread :o

Ralph:cool:
  • Hot_Bring
    Hot_Bring Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    Options
    I have got home from work today to find a parking charge from G24 Ltd for 100 with an opportunity to reduce to 60 if paid within 14 days

My infraction allegedley happened on 11 march 2015 between 10.22 and 15.47 however the issue date on the fine is 18 march 2015 and i did not recieive it until 25 march 2015 which in effect gives me only 7 days to pay

i do not dispute being at the location on this day however i was there on 2 separate occasions in the same day never for more than an hour or so each time

I cannot find B24 on the BPA of approved operators and the system of complaint seems archaic.

has anyone on any of the previous threads ended up having to pay or is this a scam full stop. Aslo am i expected to pay and then appeal for my money back or if i appeal and the fine is still enforcable will i have to pay the higher levy instead of 60 quid

DO NOT PAY G24 !!!!!!!!!! ..... but start your own thread for further details :D
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
  • caskale180
    caskale180 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Having received an alleged "notice" on my return home from work today..stating that a vehicle with my registration was parked for 364 mins..and it's allegedly "free" for 180 mins.The photo does show the vehicle entering at 10.23,but what the cameras fail to detect is that the vehicle left the premises via another exit on the 1st occasion..I then returned to the same retail park to collect a parcel from a store later on that day,and,the same camera has took me leaving via the same way i originally entered earlier in the day...do i ignore ?
  • prosnap
    prosnap Posts: 399 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    caskale180 wrote: »
    Having received an alleged "notice" on my return home from work today..stating that a vehicle with my registration was parked for 364 mins..and it's allegedly "free" for 180 mins.The photo does show the vehicle entering at 10.23,but what the cameras fail to detect is that the vehicle left the premises via another exit on the 1st occasion..I then returned to the same retail park to collect a parcel from a store later on that day,and,the same camera has took me leaving via the same way i originally entered earlier in the day...do i ignore ?

You have asked for help on here before for other tickets so should know that there is a rule of one case, one thread.

Please start a new thread so that you can get individual advice tailored to your own case.
    The word "gullible" isn't in the dictionary
    Tickets: 19 [cancelled: 18, paid: 0, pending: 1]
    PPC Appeals: 8 [accepted: 2, rejected: 5, pending: 1]
    POPLA: 4 [accepted: 4, rejected: 0, pending: 0]
  • tootie
    tootie Posts: 90 Forumite
    edited 16 April 2015 at 10:14AM
    Options
    POSTED AS NEW THREAD

Hi All,

have been reading through the thread and probably just want some reassurance....
    I parked outside a DFS shop a couple of weeks ago - 3rd April.
    There are so many other car park areas and other shops about that I had not realised this car park was not free to use. I popped to another shop (within 200 metres) away to return an item I had purchased and then left - never thought anything of this until....
    Today I have received a letter from G24 saying I have:

"Term Breached: Unauthorised Parking at DFS, 189 Westwood Road Broadstairs, Kent. CT102NU.

Term applicable:That a sum("The Parking Charge") of £100.00 is payable
    "

it also goes on to say that if i do not pay then they will instruct a debt recovery agency.

Thats the bit that scares me.:eek:

Advice would be very much appreciated.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    please start your own thread, so you get bespoke advice, using the NEW THREAD blue button

then read the NEWBIES sticky thread near the top of this forum

also try to get the landowner to cancel this INVOICE
  • paulfentonious
    Options
    Hi Ive just rereeived one of these charges from G24 what was the outcome of yours? Did you pay or ignore?

RachyEveV wrote: »
    I have too recieved a parking fine from G24 Ltd this is dated a week earlier where I was parked on a retail park which I did not know was classed as 'two hours free parking' (even though I have visited this retail park on numerous occasions). This letter shows pictures of my car entering and leaving the car park with closer pics of the reg number stating I overstayed by 26mins therefore am subjected to a fine. I may have possibly overstayed in this car park but am not sure. The sum of the fine is £50.00 if paid within 14 days or £70.00 if paid later.
    I have been reading posts on here and going by these I assume I should ignore these letters???!! I do feel a little worried though, but at the same time am fuming that these companies can get away with doing this! I very nearly just sent a cheque and paid the so called fine until a colleague at work advised me to do some research first.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    you are wrong,.its not a fine, start your own thread.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    He should start by not listening to his wife.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Hot_Bring
    Hot_Bring Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    Options
    In this case, as it's G24, IGNORE is the correct course of action.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure