Your Bangernomics successes

Options
1193194195196197199»

Comments

• dipsomaniac
    dipsomaniac Posts: 6,739 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Latest cost of running a old banger for the last 4 years is approx 41p per mile - icludes £250 initial price of car, MOT, parts, insurance, tax and fuel

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
  • GunJack
    GunJack Posts: 11,674 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    GunJack said:
    GunJack said:
    GunJack said:
    Took Fusion Junior for it's MoT yesterday..... better than expected, just needs a middle section exhaust and the headlights buffing up :) So will have a fresh ticket for around £100 or less :)  There's a couple of tyres on the way out (Advisories) which'll be about £50-odd but they can wait for a couple of months.

That takes it to in the region of £1141 in total, 2 months into it's third year with me. Even with the tyres when I get them it'll be £1200 for 3 years, which ain't too bad at all.... Fusion senior spoiled me a bit at £900-odd for 3.5 years of ownership, but I'm hoping at only 103k miles I'll have Junior for several more years yet :)

Well, needed a back-box as well, so £197 altogether (the 2 parts were well and truly rusted together) so £1238 in total. Add £50-60 for the tyres when I get them still under £1300 and that should go through to next year's MoT (barring any unforseen disasters!! ;) )
    Well, 9 months on and I still haven't got the bl00dy tyres!! time & opportunity have just got in the way....only got another 1.5 working days before xmas so should be able to get them before 25th. No other spend, so still looking like £1300 total by Feb for it's 3rd birthday with me :)
    I finally got my 2 tyres!!! :D  £60 for a very good couple of part-worns, so total spend £1298 for 3 yrs 1 month.

...just in time for the MoT (which I'm within the month early stage, will be getting it booked in week after next.
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 14,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just my final update to this thread (for the time being at least until I get the bug again).
    My old Focus (2007) held from 2016 until I gave it to my Nephew has passed onto the carpark in the sky.
    My Nephew got £180 scrap, which is pretty good really since WBAC quoted £400 for the car as per standard qualification "with everything working and no damage".  It had a lot of damage and a lot not working as it should.
  • GunJack
    Options
    NOT my final update ( ;) )

Fusion Jr went for MoT this morning.....

...and it Passed!! :D  

2 advisories, 1 tyre (ho hum after last year's debacle) and rear shock light misting, but will get it done soon-ish (only around £80), but spend to date into it's 4th year with me is...£1298. At 60mpg, £35 tax and only £200 insurance, Fusion Jr could eventually beat Senior if it's longevity stays looking good!! :)

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
  • GunJack
    Options
    After not getting the advisory tyres from last MoT until March this year, I've been good and gone and got this year's yesterday, so total spend on Fusion Junior is £1328. Will get the advisory shock absorber done in the next couple of months when I know I can be without the car for a day. 

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,517 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    edited Today at 8:46AM
    Options
    Doesn't sound like your tyre cost much? What did you get?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback