Old thread: 2012 Forum redesign

Options

Comments

• _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Options
    Please sack whoever is responsible for the recent 'design' initiatives, they're lame. Is it some kind of apprentice doing it?
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Please can we have the users name on the bottom bit when they are thanked as it makes it easier to remember who you are responding to.
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • rogerblack
    rogerblack Posts: 9,446 Forumite
    Options
    One major issue for me.
    While the increased font-size in the 'quote' box is not an issue for reading short posts, for longer posts, as are common in many forums that need read in detail to snip out the relevant parts, it's a major problem.
  • scotty1971
    scotty1971 Posts: 1,732 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    can you not run a voting poll on whether people would like it to change or stay the same?
  • globetraveller
    Options
    I really would like to see which threads I have posted in- can we have that arrow back please?
    weight loss target 23lbs/49lb
  • IveSeenTheLight
    Options
    The indicator of threads where you have posted has gone.
    :wall:
    What we've got here is....... failure to communicate.
    Some men you just can't reach.
  • IveSeenTheLight
    Options
    When searching for previous posts, can the search results not take you directly to the post rather than the thread, which may be thousands of posts to trawl through?
    What we've got here is....... failure to communicate.
    Some men you just can't reach.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    When searching for previous posts, can the search results not take you directly to the post rather than the thread, which may be thousands of posts to trawl through?

just use advanced search and choose that option
  • Mikeyorks
    Mikeyorks Posts: 10,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mobeer wrote: »
    How exactly do you get rid of the new look?

I had the stretchy look, viewed the new fixed width look (which is equally as bad as old fixed width), then tried to change back.

The provided link doesn't work - new tab or not. I just go back to the new look each time.

If you go to 'User CP' (Green bar above). Then 'edit options' ..... you will probably find, as I did, that it's already set to the 'skin' you want. So you have to change / save that. Then go back to the original you had and save it again.

Bingo - back to the 'new look' but with a sensible stretched width.
    If you want to test the depth of the water .........don't use both feet !
  • lucygoosy
    Options
    Oh no i much prefer the names on the side, makes the threads even longer to scroll though!

To bright on the right feeling it is unbalanced as the left is so empty!

Also the banner is too crazy circus coloured. Trying to use this sneakily at work is really difficult, wish we could get a grey scale only option for using at work!
    Jan:£500 Cottage,TNA tix,Vodka party.Feb:Starwarstix,Tshirt,Hammerfest,
    GreedyGourmet,Bareminerals,Tea.Mar:Vancouver hols,Forkmag.21 Jump tix,HDaz launch,vits,South Pacific&hotel,Makeup,beads,Jar.Apr:3D TV,ipad,sky.May:Kew gig,bag,soap,baby stuff.Jun:Hyde Park gigJul:food fest.Aug:Fitness retreat, choc workshop.Sep:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure