• System
    System Posts: 178,104 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    bad decision
  • rogerblack
    rogerblack Posts: 9,446 Forumite
    Options
    I prefer the new layout, with the username on top.
  • Notmyrealname
    Options
    Ever heard of the phrase "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"??

There was nothing wrong with the old design. The new one sucks. Can't see what threads I've commented on in the thread list for each forum and the narrow view drives me mad - it means more scrolling. If I wanted a narrow view I'd not have a computer with a widescreen monitor.
  • Obviously_the_best
    Options
    It doesn't work on my iPhone
  • jm2926
    jm2926 Posts: 901 Forumite
    Options
    What is the point in 1/3 - 1/2 of the screen being white blank sidebar.
    You need to hire some proper web designers, this is way to 80's. The latest protocols have features to support stretch width screens. Also I'm only viewing on a 15" widescreen laptop, not exactly unusual.

WHY NOT USE SURVEY MONKEY ETC AND ACTUALLY COMPILE DATA & LISTEN TO THE USERS OF THE FORUM.
  • delain
    delain Posts: 7,700 Forumite
    Options
    Haven't tried it on the lappy yet but its much better from my phone!
    Mum of several with a twisted sense of humour and a laundry obsession :o:o
  • FiLmBuFf_2
    Options
    Switched but didnt see the difference lol until went into a thread... its fine, take a little bit to get used to lol but cool... thumbs up from me :)
  • globetraveller
    Options
    torbrex wrote: »
    The more I use it the less I like the member info bar across the top of the post, it catches my eye too much and makes skimming through a thread seem awkward somehow. :(
    I'm agreeing with this now as well.
    weight loss target 23lbs/49lb
  • _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Options
    Still suggest ditching that really lame, amateur looking "placards" on the masthead. Looks like something a child would produce.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 47,117 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I can't see where you can tell if you've previously posted on a thread. Before there was a bent arrow on the LHS of the thread title.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure