We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Old thread: 2012 Forum redesign

Options

Comments

• Blackpool_Saver
    Options
    Thanks Custardy :)

Oooh you rotter, it's gone straight back to all squashed up again !!!!!
    Blackpool_Saver is female, and does not live in Blackpool

• Humphrey10
    Humphrey10 Posts: 1,859 Forumite
    Options
    The 'reply to thread' screen is totally broken on an iPad - I assume this is due to the recent changes mentioned in this thread, because it was working fine a couple of days ago.
    The reply box and additional options are tiny, almost unreadable, and in the middle of the screen surrounded by blue space.
  • Humphrey10
    Humphrey10 Posts: 1,859 Forumite
    Options
    hmm post reply is only broken on this thread. It works on others.
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    I've given up using this site on my smart phone after the last changes. Can't even get into threads or turn pages or swap to new board without scrolling down yards of unrelated text.

However, not sure what all the white space is that you're all talking about. I have white space either side of this reply box, but on the actual threads it fits neatly right across. Mind you, I am on a 10" screen netbook, so maybe that's the reason.
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• bearcub
    bearcub Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    Options
    I'm sure I'd get used to it eventually, but I don't like it at all - either the stretchy one (dislike it immensely) or the narrower one. It's far too in-your-face-pale, and all the posters' details are split up, rather than being in one easy-to-spot spot! You know that well-known phrase "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"? That's how I feel about it. It just feels like a shoe that doesn't fit properly - it irritates, sorry!
  • nanto3girls
    Options
    I like the new look...........
  • missprice
    missprice Posts: 3,735 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I like it, all crisp letters and easier for me to read
    appreciate I may be a minority:)

but you will never please all of the people all of the time

no idea about this expanse of white but I got a little 15 in screen so maybe thats why
    63 mortgage payments to go.

Zero wins 2016 😥
  • shudd1967
    Options
    Really not keen on the new version, been using it for the last few hours. Gone back and back to using the stretchy, much clearer for me.

I often use the site at work without logging in and hate it to be honest as its too small, busy and crammed in and I find I miss things.
    Aim to win in 2013 - a holiday somewhere nice, New York break, treats for family & friends & some cash would be lovely!!!
  • qpop
    qpop Posts: 555 Forumite
    Options
    Fiver29a wrote: »
    It's not as easy to see which threads you've posted on either.

+1

This is really important.
    I am an IFA, but nothing I say on this forum constitutes financial advice. Always draw your own conclusions and always do your own research.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    esuhl wrote: »
    Nooooo! I was using the (very) old "blocky" style skin from a few years ago, and I can't change back! Only the new-look skins are listed in the settings.

Is there any way to get this back?

It's at the bottom of the list for me.

"Old look, new masthead"
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport