NEW BLOG. Featuring tips and pics from pet owners of the MSE Forum, we present to you Homemade pet toy ideas. Take a look
April 2013 weddings
in Weddings & anniversaries
969 replies 56.7K views
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides
Energy Price Cap change
Martin Lewis on what it means for youMSE News
Best £1 you've ever spent?
Share your most impressive bargainsMSE Forum
New MSE Forum avatars available
Try 'em out nowMSE Forum
I'm an April 2013 bride too :j
My date is 21st April and as we just went past the 1 year countdown it's beginning to feel more real now!
So far I've sorted:
I feel like I've sorted lots already but still gots lots to go! When is everyone planning on buying The Dress?
- Venue (ceremony and reception at same place). the venue also has swiss style lodges that come with the venue, so they are all reserved for the guests but we can cancel them upto a week before the wedding if they aren't all filled which is great. It also means that as everything is all in one place once the guests are there, they're there (if that makes sense!)
- Caterer (canapes, 3 course meal and then a huge paella in the evening)
- Drink - I work for a wine company so that's super handy for some bargains!
- We've sent Save the Date Cards - free business cards from vista print when we bought some new computer software which we needed anyway. They're dead cute and a great size for people to keep in their wallets.
- We've decided on bridesmaids, best man and ushers but not bought/hired any of their outfits yet
- We've opted for a Master of Ceremonies to help the day run well (plus he was great value!)
- We've found out florist and she is truly wonderful and came in under budget which is fab
- Also got our photographer - he's fab and again under budget - phew!
- My best friend is making my cake which makes it extra special
- OH has booked the honeymoon but it's a total secret which I'm finding kinda exiciting but also difficult as well as I am one of those control freaks who likes too organise everything! All he'll tell me is that the flight is over 6 hours and that it's warm year-round and there are lots of things to do!
- We've also set up our own wedding website and put the link on the Save the Date cards so people can see our updates, RSVP on there, read our wedding blog, organise lift shares, book the accommodation etc.
- My boss owns a Bentley and has his own driver (he's a rich man) and has said i can have use of the car and driver as a wedding pressie which is lovely of him
As for THE DRESS, it is the one thing about all this that I am NOT looking forward to, so I'm going to leave it as late as possible - maybe start looking in September. I want to lose weight first although that is going very slowly at the moment due to some medication I'm on and I'm just dreading it as I hate trying on clothes and hate my body ergh, I don't want to think about it.
I know what dress I want, and I'm terrified it won't look how I want it to once it's on.
I lost a stone or so through January/February but with one thing and another 'fell off the wagon' since then. I don't think I've gained much, if any, back but it feels like I've wasted so much time!!! I could have lost another stone since then Have been good this week though so I'm back on it! I'm aiming to started looking in August... maybe we can help each other get there?!
Have you thought about what styles you'd feel comfortable in etc? and how much are you aiming to lose? Even at a pound a week you could lose more than a stone by September.
In my planning news, I think we've decided on a venue for the reception, just need to take a deep breath and hand over the deposit. :eek:
Then we need to sort out;
BM dresses (no idea what to go for!)
Invitations for the wedding
Save the dates/invitations for the reception
Decorations for reception
Cake for reception
Entertainment (DJ, casino tables)
Extras (if we can afford to we'd like a photographer, string quartet and fancy cars to take us there but these aren't must haves!)
In terms of the wedding itself the flowers/photography/music are all sorted by the venue. We still need to sort
the meal after the wedding
the groomsmen's attire
my jewellery & undies
hair and makeup for me and the BMs.
Oh and of course travel and hotels :rotfl:
Phew, it's good to write it all down, dare I say it doesn't look too bad! Well better than I thought... hmmm what have I missed?!
I've already got my dress. Went to a Berketex sale day and it was the 3rd one i tried on... It was down to a choice of 2 with the other one being £2k which i simply couldnt justify so i went for the other one which i really liked at a cost of £299 - VERY MSE lol :money: I have since been back and requested that they make me a matching bolero however it all still comes it under budget at £638 with all the alterations... At less than 5ft tall there is quite a lot to be done .
On the dress subject though guys the one i have selected is NOT what i had in my head... in all honesty is is everything that i decided i didn't want so if the people in the dress shop suggest something you don't think you like at least try it... I was speechless when i tried mine on as i was adamant i wouldn't like it. All am saying is give it a whirl
Awww thats my birthday x
Also trying for a baby
I'm an April 2013 wedding too 27th April at Urquhart Castle Inverness (though we live in Essex)
I have been planning for ages now and have pretty much everything done it's just the final things now mainly fittings for the bridal party. I only have 3 balances left to pay and they aren't due till 6 weeks before the wedding and the rest is all fiddly bits that I can pay as and when
Save A Dates went out in March & invites will go out in October.
I set up a website for the wedding via mywedding.com it was so simple and has saved me a lot of time letting everyone know about certain things in connect with the wedding day so I thought I would pass that tip along
Haxeybird just noticed on one of your other posts it looks like we're getting married on the same day