Forum Home» Student Money Saving

Spend your Tesco Clubcard vouchers on Open University courses - Page 6

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Spend your Tesco Clubcard vouchers on Open University courses

edited 22 October 2010 at 11:51AM in Student Money Saving
54 replies 32.1K views
12346»

Replies

• KateyNixon wrote: »
    I'd check this because I don't think you can even transfer your course - My understading is that if you've paid with Tesco Vouchers and you change your mind you've lost them. You have to be really sure of which course you want to do.

The registration conditions do allow you to transfer to another course. I did this before in January but it did require several calls to the registration centre, finally having to talk the team leader through the conditions of registration document (March 2009 edition). I was initially told it was impossible and was certainly left with the impression I was the first to manage a transfer.......
  • AnnBar wrote: »
    Yes you can. I have done it several times.

That is Awesome.

Do I just need to phone Edinburgh to do it.

I have £200 ILA account and that would mean that I would need £40 clubcard (which I have) for a 30 credit course.

Would be great to get a few credits on the cheap.
  • Hi, realise this is quite an old thread but thought I would let everyone know that the OU has just changed its policies for clubcard vouchers. Soon you will only be able to use the vouchers to fund a level one course. Obviously this affects all those students in the middle of their degree that fund/part fund with clubcard vouchers. There is a facebook group trying to fight this so that those already studying can finnish their degree using vouchers. Please feel free to join.
    Tesco - Every little doesn't help OU students!
  • MrsMandaMrsManda Forumite
    4.5K posts
    benjj1020 wrote: »
    Hi, realise this is quite an old thread but thought I would let everyone know that the OU has just changed its policies for clubcard vouchers. Soon you will only be able to use the vouchers to fund a level one course. Obviously this affects all those students in the middle of their degree that fund/part fund with clubcard vouchers. There is a facebook group trying to fight this so that those already studying can finnish their degree using vouchers. Please feel free to join.
    Tesco - Every little doesn't help OU students!

Though surely you have to realise this is not in any way a function of their business, anymore than it is to support people who want to go to theme parks, get car insurance and breakdown cover etc...