We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Help MBE grow his dinner 2012

Options

Comments

• Little_Vics
    Little_Vics Posts: 1,516 Forumite
    Options
    can someone remind me how to post photos?
  • Toonie
    Toonie Posts: 1,147 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Right here are some more photos before it snows! (The clouds are looking very threatening).

6816982661_32d0502f98.jpg

My slightly broken shed and a couple of sinks.

6816984379_217fba886e.jpg

Not sure what this is...but it's one of the few things in the flower bed.

6816986537_a665ee2cc0.jpg

The two trees and pampas grass. Also showing the ground at the far end where we get the sun.

6816991667_91a6141c48.jpg

Showing the other view from the end of the garden looking back towards the house.
    Grocery budget in 2023 £2279.18/£2700

Grocery budget in 2022 £2304.76/£2400
    Grocery budget in 2021 £2107.86/£2200
    Grocery budget in 2020 £2193.02/£2160

Saving for Christmas 2023 #15 £ 90/ £365
  • Toonie
    Toonie Posts: 1,147 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    can someone remind me how to post photos?

You need to upload the photos to a hosting site like Flickr or Photobucket and then you get the address of the photo from the address bar and then click on the image button in the reply space. Paste the URL there and that's your photo posted.
    Grocery budget in 2023 £2279.18/£2700

Grocery budget in 2022 £2304.76/£2400
    Grocery budget in 2021 £2107.86/£2200
    Grocery budget in 2020 £2193.02/£2160

Saving for Christmas 2023 #15 £ 90/ £365
  • kazire
    kazire Posts: 472 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would love to join aswell I have all been a long time lurker have enjoyed all the photos hopefully for me this year will be more organised and and productive as last year I moved house and things didn't go well massive toms that I didn't pinch out with !!!!!! all fruit! Lesson learnt! So here to a fruitful 2012! X
  • Aria`s_Tail
    Options
    Whoop whoop. I just checked my chilis on top of the boiler and I have a PIP through.:j
    Took it out of it's nice and warm but dark spot and put it on a windowsill to survey the snow.:eek: I know I have a reptile heat mat somewhere in a box (I seem to have hundreds of boxes though) So if it turns up i'll put it under the pot just so it doesn't get too much of a shock.
  • Little_Vics
    Little_Vics Posts: 1,516 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry for the silence - had a bad car crash on the weekend so have been keeping my head down and counting my blessings. Hoping to get out in the garden this weekend once I can move properly again.
  • mrbadexample
    mrbadexample Posts: 10,805 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Sorry for the silence - had a bad car crash on the weekend so have been keeping my head down and counting my blessings. Hoping to get out in the garden this weekend once I can move properly again.

Oh dear. That doesn't sound good. :(
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • annie123
    annie123 Posts: 4,256 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LV Sorry to hear that but very pleased you're still here to tell the tale.

Off on holiday in a couple of hours...why do I always seem to find flights that need a middle of the night departure from my home!
    Hope your peppers pop up OK MBE,look forward to sowing my own when I'm back next week.
    Keep warm and safe everyone.
  • adelight
    adelight Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    Options
    The seeds I planted over a week ago have finally all germinated. They will spend a few more days in little tubs next to the radiator until I can get some nice soil to move them into. I've saved up loads of plastic bottles to use as incubators to keep the bugs off them for as long as possible.
    On the topic of bugs, does anyone know of a really good insecticide? My pepper plants now have some little bug things making what looks like little cobwebs and I want the !!!!!!s gone.

mbe i love your cell layout

little vics that sounds awful, hope you are okay and feel up to it soon.

tyadog
    27 broccoli plants? me and OH could get through that in a matter of weeks :D
    Living cheap in central London :rotfl:
  • Aria`s_Tail
    Options
    LV, Hope you are ok, have loads of rest, hot baths can help.

Another Chilli through this morning, a white Habenero. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport