We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Help MBE grow his dinner 2012

Options

Comments

• annie123
    annie123 Posts: 4,256 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well so far I've sown mustard to go with egg sarnies and pea shoots. I'm off on holiday next week so no point doing anything before as I won't be around to get excited when they germinate :)
  • Aria`s_Tail
    Options
    Hi,
    Can I join in this year please. Have just moved last week (we are nearly neighbours again MBE) and I now have a garden (front and back) :j
    My OH was laughing in despair the other week, got keys for new house, it needs decorated from top to bottom and first thing I bought were some compost and seeds. Got my chilli seeds in and put on top of boiler this weekend (PIP, Dorset Naga, Purple Prince, Habenero White and Haberero Chocolate) All new varieties to me so shall see what happens. Will plant some toms in a couple of weeks (I know I have some black cherry and GD seeds somewhere.
    Garden is all grass, weeds and concrete so will need some work but blank canvas I suppose. Will get the dog pen built over the shaded bit and then start digging and planning. Got some garlic, raspberries and rhubarb to go in. (garlic and rhubarb might just go in the old recycling bags for now at least)
    Better do a bit of painting first though. :o
  • mrbadexample
    mrbadexample Posts: 10,805 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    annie123 wrote: »
    Oh I see, I don't count :cry: just because I don't post about my own gardening much.
    Will have to change that then :cool:

Good job I'm not easily offended ;):p

I think you've misquoted me - I'm sure I remember including you. :o :whistle:
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • mrbadexample
    mrbadexample Posts: 10,805 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Hi,
    Can I join in this year please.

Of course. No need to ask, just wade right in. :)
    Better do a bit of planting first though. :o

Yes, you should. Decorating will wait, but nature will not. ;)
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • emiff6
    emiff6 Posts: 794 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    annie123 wrote: »
    Oh I see, I don't count :cry: just because I don't post about my own gardening much.
    Will have to change that then :cool:

Good job I'm not easily offended ;):p

I think it's possibly a boy thing, Annie ;) - when they [STRIKE]boast[/STRIKE] I mean post, it's all about size and quantity - "Mine's longer than yours!" "Yeah, but mine's fatter than yours!"

We ladies smile graciously and occasionally insert an apposite comment or a pertinent question (occasionally with pictures!) :D
    If I'm over the hill, where was the top?
  • Catwoman103
    Options
    I had good crops of spuds, toms and raddishes last year and I'm still picking broccolli and spinach - mainly for my bunnies bit it saves buying greens for them. I normally dig all the rabbit poo into the vegetable patch and that helps. My main problem is that I work long hours during the week and only get to garden at the weekends and, then, only if the weather is good. It means I'm mostly weeding when I get out. I'm going to try and grow more this year as I'm veggie and it would save me a fortune.
    Jan GC £96.95/£120; NSD 26/31
    Feb GC £113.19/£120: NSD 24/29
    Mar GC £54.22/£150 NSD 10/12

2012 Aim - To clear credit cards in 2012
  • annie123
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think you've misquoted me - I'm sure I remember including you. :o :whistle:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: nice one:A
  • Little_Vics
    Little_Vics Posts: 1,516 Forumite
    Options
    er - while you lot have been bickering amongst yourselves I have taken a closer look at the pepper plant I have overwintered for the SECOND year running, and found 2 green peppers growing nicely. May I please have a round of applause?
  • annie123
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :T:j:T:j:T:j:T:j:T:j:T:j

Well done LV, I've over wintered them for years on a south facing window and only once, had that happen......think it was the lady birds who pollinated it, no other insects in my kitchen (unless you count hubby:rotfl:)
  • Little_Vics
    Little_Vics Posts: 1,516 Forumite
    Options
    I thank you (takes bow). Now watch the rest of the year go horribly wrong!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure