We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Second Purse Challenge 2012

Options

Comments

• fozziebeartoo
    fozziebeartoo Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    Options
    Sadly the £2.50 jeans are going back :( They fitted (which is very exciting as they're a size 12 and as you'll see from my signature it's been a long journey to get anywhere near that!) but didn't look right on so I'm returning them. Even for £2.50 I don't see the point in clothes I don't like :D

Had my first bolognaise using the DR mince last night - very tasty indeed! I still padded it out with lentils/oats as I normally do, but it was richer and very night indeed. So nice we're having it again tonight as I made vats of it :rotfl:

Woohoo for your size 12's!! :T

And you are quite right to take them back of course, my wardrobe is bursting with things I dont actually like to wear......so I dont! :rotfl:
  • kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss flying fresian :-)
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • Rosielady
    Rosielady Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    Sadly the £2.50 jeans are going back :( They fitted (which is very exciting as they're a size 12 and as you'll see from my signature it's been a long journey to get anywhere near that!) but didn't look right on so I'm returning them. Even for £2.50 I don't see the point in clothes I don't like :D

Had my first bolognaise using the DR mince last night - very tasty indeed! I still padded it out with lentils/oats as I normally do, but it was richer and very night indeed. So nice we're having it again tonight as I made vats of it :rotfl:

well done for doing so well
    2nd purse £50.00
    3rd purse £100.00
    SPC 2013 1905
  • SueP19
    SueP19 Posts: 1,876 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Well done you that's over 4 stone :T:T:T:T:T
    Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SueP19 wrote: »
    Well done you that's over 4 stone :T:T:T:T:T

Not quite yet - I've lost 3 stone 8 and a half so far ;)
  • SueP19
    SueP19 Posts: 1,876 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not quite yet - I've lost 3 stone 8 and a half so far ;)

Still a fantastic achievement, I have lost 2 1/2 stone, last time round I lost 6 :D but due to constant migraines couldn't survive without bread :mad: Which makes me obese

Anyway even if its not quite 4 stone its still brilliant xxxx
    Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65
  • Sadly the £2.50 jeans are going back :( They fitted (which is very exciting as they're a size 12 and as you'll see from my signature it's been a long journey to get anywhere near that!) but didn't look right on so I'm returning them. Even for £2.50 I don't see the point in clothes I don't like :D

That's brilliant - you've done so well :j. I agree it's not worth keeping the jeans unless they make you look fab.

I've decided it's best to have a few clothes which make you feel great than a whole wardrobe full which everytime you wear them you feel horrible in. So a while ago I tried everything on and gave away everything that didn't make me feel great when I wore it. I've been left with a much smaller and more compact wardrobe of clothes and never have to spend much time choosing an outfit - just grab and go :j. My aim now is just to replace stuff as it wears out rather than buying stuff for the sake of it and when I buy clothes I'm super careful to choose stuff which I really like on me. Mind you, jeans are a complete nightmare to buy - I can try on 20 pairs and not like any of them :rotfl:.

On another note, I've spent another £5.50 in Mr S and £2.00 to SP so a total this week of £53.52 for my £50 challenge :) and that should hopefully be it as my GB 'week' finishes on Tues evening. I'm really happy with that seeing as my average before was £100/week :).
    Pay debt in 2012 #278 £2347/£5364
    Sealed Pot 5 #1713 £78.57 //Crazy Clothes Challenge #97 £79.49/£100
    Grocery Challenge:
    Feb £359/£360 Mar £390/£450 Apr £335/£320
    May £330/£320 Jun £455/£400 Jul £321/£320
    Aug £399/£370 Sep £345/£300 Oct £421/£400 Nov £0/£320
  • Mothership
    Mothership Posts: 823 Forumite
    Options
    Moan Moan Moan! Had trouble with my MSE password LOL. Was like a junkie without my fix.

I MISSED YOU ALL :kisses::kisses::kisses:

Anyway thats me connected on the other computer, I should be able to update my signature now, and catch up with all your posts.
    1st Purse £114.19 Monthly GB
    2nd Purse ££100
    :rotfl::j:wave::j:rotfl:
    Fridge Freezer £300 3rd Purse /£290.94
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Payday tomorrow - WOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I balanced my spreadsheet this morning and owe the second purse £9.99 from the proper food purse, but apart from that I think I've done very well for my first month. Mr F is impressed that whenever he moans that we've run out of something I pull it from the Cupboard He's Not Allowed In :D

Tomorrow I'm going to order gallons of catfood for the Fresian Furballs and will then put the rest of the grocery budget into my grocery purse. Topping up the Second Purse will take me over my self-imposed £50 budget which means I can put around £4 into the Third Purse - its first deposit :)

I've got a £6 off £40 tillspit for Te$co which has to be used by the 25th. Don't suppose it can be used in their opticians? I've got an appointment this afternoon.
  • kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I'm feeling SP twitchy, I've not bought anything for it in ages and feel like I should but I have £67.77 and no idea what to spend it on hahaha. Accompanied with that is £5 Mr T voucher and a £3 off when I spend £30 online voucher....gahhh why don't they update their prices on a Monday! No point ordering until tomorrow pfft.
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income