Tigz's Debt Diary.......start work on the 23rd!

in Debt free diaries
403 replies 15.7K views

Replies

• tigzemtigzem Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Having a good week so far.... my car has been in the garage since last Fri having it's MOT done so I've been without a car. Walking everywhere and since I can't go anywhere I've not spent much money! Only posting some ebay/amazon parcels. Sadly the Amazon parcels aren't mine, am selling some books for my brother in Poland as needs some cash. Will total up my ebay sales.

The car is costing approx £100 to go thro MOT, but my auntie owed me £30 which she gave me last nite (I sold some of my baby things to her daughter ages ago) and I had £25 from another friend to help me out (very kind :A ) so that's £55 towards it!! Yay....

Got £8 in £2 coins so far.

Still waiting for the correct credit reports to arrive then I'll be tackling them properly.

Have got some bits on ebay, old baby bits mainly to go towards my debt fund.

That's all for now
    "Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little." Edmund Burke
  • Good luck Tigzem,

Have just read your thread you are doing really well, I was a lone parent a few years ago for quite a few years.

I hope you find something to do at college I am looking into this at the moment as I still don't know what I want to do career wise.

Lily x
  • tigzemtigzem Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Still waiting for credit reports!!

Got my old account number with HSBC and letter done and ready to be sent to request charges summary. Just need C/C one now.

Had nasty conversation with debt collectors yest ref HSBC (CCJ1) she was very rude, judgemental and really got my back up!! Called back and spoke to someone else, I explained I have requested a N245 form to negotiate payments from the court - they will be sending the debt back to HSBC so least I can deal with them now.

Onwards and upwards!! :p
    "Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little." Edmund Burke
  • tigzemtigzem Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    lily288 wrote:
    Good luck Tigzem,

Have just read your thread you are doing really well, I was a lone parent a few years ago for quite a few years.

I hope you find something to do at college I am looking into this at the moment as I still don't know what I want to do career wise.

Lily x

Thanks Lily

I don't know what I want to do career wise either

Good luck - let me know what you decide xx
  • tigzemtigzem Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Ok - credit reports finally arrived and I was pleasantly surprised!

Grand total of my debt as of 23.2.07 is £6498 :eek:

HSBC Current Account - defaulted, CCJ £4260
    HSBC Credit Card - defaulted, CCJ £1372 (Being collected by debt collector)
    Natwest Current Account - defaulted £802
    T Mobile £64

Also there is a Woolwich current acc which I don't even remember having with o/s bal of £227 but default was 13/3/01 so I guess this will come off this year. So haven't included that yet.

So now I need to wait the form from the court (N245) to apply for a payment scheme to pay back the £4260 and to get in touch with Natwest and sort out a payment plan also with them.

Am sure I had an old Abbey account that owed money on but it's not on the file so assume was over 6 years ago and been cleared?

Have done a snowball calculation and if I pay £70 per month will take me 15 years to pay this debt off!! :eek: I want to get it cleared in 3.... or maybe 4 years. Which isn't too scary.

Looking into PT jobs and re-training but have no idea as what at the moment, need inspiration! Thinking accountancy/book-keeping/secretarial.

Will keep on with ebay sales - got some bits on at the moment.

Oh and the bloomin car cost me £200 to get thro MOT!! So thinking of getting rid of it and maybe buying a smaller one? Cheaper tax/ins/running costs etc. OR no car at all, will be restricting the usage on it for sure from now on. It's a luxury!!!!
  • Well done Em. I'm so proud of you honey for doing this for you and dd. Keep up the good work hun and I am sure things will work out right for you.

Lxx
  • tigzemtigzem Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Had a letter from Westcot today re T Mobile they will accept £5pm which is good news, but will try to clear before then so will only 3 debts. On my credit report says I owe £64 but letter shows £86 so guess they've added fees!! :mad:

Got the debt collector tonight re HSBC c/c. But I found an old statement the other day so have done a letter to them to request charges summary. Think might do Natwest also, got nothing to lose. Actually need to get in touch with them to arrange a payment plan. Scary!

I am totally penniless at the moment, due to my car!! Grrrr but I have said I won't be using it unless it's crucial. It has a small of petrol in at the moment and it won't get anymore now for at least 2 weeks, maybe less as I need to visit my Nan in Poole, but she normally gives me £10 for petrol so that won't count.

Have got some ebay/amazon parcels to post, sadly not mine though, my Mum's and my brothers. Oh actually no I sold one of my old CD's - got £2.38 for it before postage so that will be some money towards my debt fund.

Need to arrange another savings account as the one I did requires a chq which I don't have other than our joint account.

That's all for now.... :beer:
  • tigzemtigzem Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    I finally did it! I've told my BF about my debt - he was really supportive so feel much happier now.
  • tigzemtigzem Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Have got about £55 in my paypal account which I will transfer into my Portman savings account to go towards my debt. Thought would have a "debt" account and try to pay off some extra each month by ebay/amazon sales. Have got a few books of mine on Amazon at the moment.

Still waiting for the form from the court re CCJ1, really want to start a payment plan on that one. Been playing with the snowball calculator and if I can pay £100pm I can be debt free in Aug 2012, so that's only 5 years away. Less if I get a job in a years time.
  • Hi Tigz! Just wanted to so well done for telling your boyfriend. Admitting it to those closest to you is really hard but you know what they say, a problem shared is a problem halved and all that!
    You're doing really well so keep it up! :)
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

British Gas prepay meter users...

...to pay less for gas from 1 April

MSE News

The 'odd Easter flavours' thread 2023

What bizarre food stuffs have you spied?

MSE Forum

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools