PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Egg-free/ Eggless cake recipes?

Options

Comments

• ethansmum
    ethansmum Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    Options
    I can vouch for Thirftladys chocolate fudge pudding-Its simply divine!
    July Win: Nokia 5800
  • rhubarbs
    rhubarbs Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you all. I shall take a note of all these recipes and work my way through them. He'll be in cake heaven!

I can also vouch for Thriftladys Chocolate Fudge pudding having made it once or twice...

:T
  • super41
    super41 Posts: 245 Forumite
    Options
    I notice one of the recipes posted contained nuts. I would suggest making a cake/biscuits WITHOUT nuts. This is because people who are allergic to eggs/dairy MAY also have a problem with nuts. This is not always the case but best to stay clear of them. My daughter was allergic to eggs/dairy until 4/5 years respectively and I will not give her nuts as I have nut allergy.
  • Kippsy
    Kippsy Posts: 259 Forumite
    Options
    Eggscellent.:rotfl: ..:rotfl: ..:rotfl: ...... sorry!!!

My Nephew is allergic to eggs and lives near my mum (his gran) who loves baking so I'll make sure she looks at this.

Thank you.:D
    oooh look only about 220 posts and I got round to doing my Avatar already!!
  • thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    super41 wrote:
    I notice one of the recipes posted contained nuts. I would suggest making a cake/biscuits WITHOUT nuts. This is because people who are allergic to eggs/dairy MAY also have a problem with nuts. This is not always the case but best to stay clear of them. My daughter was allergic to eggs/dairy until 4/5 years respectively and I will not give her nuts as I have nut allergy.
    Actually this is the case with my daughter. She is allergic to peanut and pinenuts (but not other nuts) as well as eggs. When I make things that call for nuts, like the carrot and banana cake I replace them with sunflower seeds ;).
  • V.Lucky
    V.Lucky Posts: 806 Forumite
    Options
    We have just make chocolate chunk scones - chocolate and kids - can't fail to be a big hit.
    :hello:
  • **purplemoon**
    Options
    I made this one last weekend and it was very easy to make and delicious with some chocolate frosting on it, although that had butter and milk in but you could just top it with melted chocolate :)

450g/1lb plain flour
    6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    2 tsp baking powder
    2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
    300g/10oz caster sugar
    125ml/4fl oz vegetable oil
    300ml/½ pint water
    2 tbsp distilled white vinegar
    2 tsp vanilla extract

1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl and stir in the sugar.
    2. Combine all the wet ingredients in another bowl. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients all at once and beat until smooth.
    3. Pour the batter into a greased 23cm/9in springform cake tin and bake for about 1 hour, until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean (place a sheet of foil over the top of the cake if it becomes too dark). Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin.
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    Options
    Choc Chip Cake or Muffins - dead easy!

1 1/2 cups SR flour
    1/2 cup cocoa powder
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 cup sugar

1/2 cup vegetable oil
    1/2 cup orange juice
    1/2 cup water/soya milk/rice milk
    2 tsp vanilla essence
    1 packet dairy free choc chips (Tesco do plain ones - so do Supercook)

2 tbs cider or wine vinegar (even malt at a pinch!)

Sift dry ingredients. Mix liquid EXCEPT vinegar together, then whisk into dry ingredients. Add choc chips and mix. When thoroughly mixed add vinegar, mix well and put into cake cases (makes about 24) or put into a greased and lined 8" cake tin. Bake for about 20-30 minutes (muffins take about 20, a cake may take longer. I have great difficulty with my stupid oven so can't be exact on timing). I make these muffins nearly every week as my son takes one in his lunchbox every day.
  • LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    super41 wrote:
    This is an easy and tasty recipe!

Dairy free chocolate cake

2oz sunflower oil or PURE margerine
    2oz golden syrup
    8 fl oz soya or rice milk
    6 oz plain flour
    1 oz cocoa
    2 oz sugar
    1 teaspoon bicarb of soda
    3 teaspoons baking powder
    1 tablespoon wine vinegar
    1 tablespoon water

Grease two 7 inch sandwich tins

Melt the oil/margarine and syrup in the soya/rice milk in a saucepan over moderate heat. Mix well and cool.

Sift the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.

Pour in the cooled liquid and beat well.

Ad the vinegar and water and beat again.

Pour the mixture into the sandwich tins.

Cook in a preheated oven at 220 deg cent/425 deg far/Gas Mark7 for 15-20 minutes.

Remove from the oven and cool on a wire tray.

Sandwich together with raspberry jam or butter icing made with PURE marg.

Can also spread butter icing on top (like choc fudge cake - very sickly!)

Alternatively you can use the mixture to make buns.
    thankyou for this my mum too is allergic to eggs and have finally convinced her to give this one ago loved it
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    Options
    newlywed wrote:
    thriftlady's chocolate fudge pudding!

It's best hot though ;)

Sounds delicious! Where can I find the recipe?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure