New Post Advanced Search

Book wrong ryan air flight, not my fault

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flights, Currency & Car Hire
47 replies 26.3K views
1235»

Replies

• I have had a problem with Ryanair.
    Whilst browsing other sites and having several Ryanair websites open, I booked my flights. Thinking the booking was the right date and flight everything looked as it was, til I came to the pay after you have paid and discovered the return flight had been booked for a month after the date I had asked for. Obviously at 7pm I cannot phone to talk to anyone and the only option is to change my flight resulting in an £80 fine.

My flight is at 6.25am, could someone please tell me if I will be able to change the flight free of charge within their minor booking mistakes.
    Any help would be much appreciated
    Im so upset, this was a 30th birthday for my partner!
  • Voyager2002Voyager2002 Forumite
    14.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hollyboxxx wrote: »
    I have had a problem with Ryanair.
    Whilst browsing other sites and having several Ryanair websites open, I booked my flights. Thinking the booking was the right date and flight everything looked as it was, til I came to the pay after you have paid and discovered the return flight had been booked for a month after the date I had asked for. Obviously at 7pm I cannot phone to talk to anyone and the only option is to change my flight resulting in an £80 fine.

My flight is at 6.25am, could someone please tell me if I will be able to change the flight free of charge within their minor booking mistakes.

Personally, I would call every possible number for them in case someone is still at work.

And do start a new thread for this new problem.
  • Personally, I would call every possible number for them in case someone is still at work.

And do start a new thread for this new problem.

Thank you I'm not really sure how to start a new thread as I'm new.
  • Hollyboxxx wrote: »
    I have had a problem with Ryanair.

Is it cheaper to book the correct flight?
  • edited 7 January 2014 at 12:07AM
    HollyboxxxHollyboxxx Forumite
    3 posts
    edited 7 January 2014 at 12:07AM
    Is it cheaper to book the correct flight?

It isn't cheaper to book another flight. I am just frustrated as I was searching for so long and had previously searched with them more than a few times using the correct dates.
    All I really wanted to know is if anyone had any information about changing flight details within 24hours.
    I should of stated my flight isn't still next month not 6.25am tomorrow!
    As I read earlier on in this thread about "New" Ryanair conditions put into place regarding minor errors etc, I thought someone may be able to shed some light.

I will try and phone them on their 10p a minute call line!
  • Voyager2002Voyager2002 Forumite
    14.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It isn't cheaper to book another flight. I am just frustrated as I was searching for so long and had previously searched with them more than a few times using the correct dates.
    All I really wanted to know is if anyone had any information about changing flight details within 24hours.
    As I read earlier on in this thread about "New" Ryanair conditions put into place regarding minor errors etc, I thought someone may be able to shed some light.

There are cheaper ways to telephone them: the number in Ireland usually works.
  • callum9999callum9999 Forumite
    4.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't think it's really been clarified much from the grace period being 24 hours for "minor" booking errors. Assuming the flight is the same price as the one you booked by mistake I'd be surprised if that wouldn't count as minor. Even if the flight you actually wanted is more, that should still count (upon you paying the difference in price of course).

Though this is Ryanair so I'd never guarantee anything!
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support