New Post Advanced Search

Book wrong ryan air flight, not my fault

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flights, Currency & Car Hire
47 replies 26.3K views
135

Replies

  • Moto2Moto2 Forumite
    2.2K posts
    postcode wrote: »
    ............. along with travel insurance that I *didn't* select for my relative... Sigh.

    Did you actually select "do not insure me" though?
    A lot of people don't actually read the question asked and just presume they're asking what country you're in.

    It's obviously designed to harvest a few premiums they wouldn't normally get.

    vJpwLl1.jpg
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
  • postcodepostcode Forumite
    162 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Moto2 wrote: »
    Did you actually select "do not insure me" though?
    A lot of people don't actually read the question asked and just presume they're asking what country you're in.

    It's obviously designed to harvest a few premiums they wouldn't normally get.

    vJpwLl1.jpg


    Yes, I had selected "Do not insure me" on my relatives' booking page, but had added insurance to my other booking - was messing around trying to find out how much it would cost. Lesson learnt, never experiment whilst actually booking something with Ryanair.
    GC September 2012 - £49.04/£80 |GC October 2012 - £50.28/£80 |GC November £63.59/£60 (one adult only)
  • NFHNFH Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moto2 wrote: »
    Did you actually select "do not insure me" though?
    A lot of people don't actually read the question asked and just presume they're asking what country you're in.

    It's obviously designed to harvest a few premiums they wouldn't normally get.
    From 13th June 2014, such trickery will be outlawed by Regulation 40 of the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Payments) Regulations 2013.
  • Just visited Ryanairs website for the first time and got the usual
    Cookies on Ryanair.comBy using our website you are consenting to our use of cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy. Find out more about cookie usage on Ryanair.com.

    Like most people I just accept the T&Cs to make the box go away, Im guessing they could say that you have accepted these so if the booking is wrong because of cookies its your fault?

    Oh also that travel insurance is a bit sneaky isnt it!
    Slimming World Member - Started 05/02/15

  • As I am a first time Forumite, not sure if I am doing this correctly, so apologies if not. Does anyone know if it matters that I've put "Mrs" instead of "Mr" on a booking I did tonight, please?
    Thanks in anticipation
  • edited 17 December 2013 at 10:03AM
    Moto2Moto2 Forumite
    2.2K posts
    edited 17 December 2013 at 10:03AM
    supersabw wrote: »
    As I am a first time Forumite, not sure if I am doing this correctly, so apologies if not. Does anyone know if it matters that I've put "Mrs" instead of "Mr" on a booking I did tonight, please?
    Thanks in anticipation

    It shouldn't matter at all
    You can call yourself Mr/Mrs/Ms etc. regardless of your gender and change it as you see fit.


    The important bit is the name matches that on your passport - which doesn't include titles of that nature. - it may include honourific titles but until I'm knighted, I'll never know:)
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
  • callum9999callum9999 Forumite
    4.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    postcode wrote: »
    Yes, I had selected "Do not insure me" on my relatives' booking page, but had added insurance to my other booking - was messing around trying to find out how much it would cost. Lesson learnt, never experiment whilst actually booking something with Ryanair.

    No, always experiment if you're undecided, just don't run two different Ryanair quotes in two different tabs at the same time. Its not a flaw that randomly messes up things, it simply uses the latest data you entered.
  • fifekenfifeken Forumite
    2.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    NFH wrote: »

    Nonsense.

    That will only stop them from pre-selecting an entry for you. In this example, you have to make the selection yourself and right underneath the pull down box it tells you about the "Don't insure me" option. Not perfect or 100% consumer friendly but not trickery either.
  • NFHNFH Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    fifeken wrote: »
    Nonsense.

    That will only stop them from pre-selecting an entry for you. In this example, you have to make the selection yourself and right underneath the pull down box it tells you about the "Don't insure me" option. Not perfect or 100% consumer friendly but not trickery either.
    It is of course trickery and it does not obtain the express consent of the consumer, as required by Regulation 40(1). The "don't insure me option" is unreasonably and deliberately mingled within a list of countries.
  • fifekenfifeken Forumite
    2.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    NFH wrote: »
    It is of course trickery and it does not obtain the express consent of the consumer, as required by Regulation 40(1). The "don't insure me option" is unreasonably and deliberately mingled within a list of countries.

    You forgot to add "in my opinion" as that's all it is.

    Your attitude to Ryanair is all too apparent from this and other threads, but there's little to no basis to what you say from what I've read before.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support