edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flights, Currency & Car Hire
47 replies 26.3K views

Replies

• NFHNFH Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    fifeken wrote: »
    Your attitude to Ryanair is all too apparent from this and other threads, but there's little to no basis to what you say from what I've read before.
    I have quoted legislation. There is no better basis than that.
  • fifekenfifeken Forumite
    2.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    NFH wrote: »

You have given us your strange opinion of how a piece of legislation will be interpreted.

There is no worse basis than taking the opinion of a "hater" as being representative.
  • jpsartrejpsartre Forumite
    4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    NFH wrote: »

Because legislations are never open to interpretation :)
  • I booked a Ryanair flight yesterday with the wrong surname on one of the guests, copied and pasted totally wrong surname!! Just called and they have changed free of charge. Just thought I would let you know that they are a bit more customer friendly now it seems!!
  • If it's Ryanair, there is not a lot you can do. I've ended up wasting many flights because I've got Limoges and London Stansted the wrong way round which is easily done.

There isn't a lot you can do, but just accept it's a mistake as to change it will probably incure a charge of around 50E which is probably more than the cost of a new ticket.
  • edited 23 December 2013 at 8:26AM
    budgetflyerbudgetflyer Forumite
    5.9K posts
    edited 23 December 2013 at 8:26AM
    That may come under "minor mistake" in which case you now have a 24hr grace period to get it changed.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-rolls-out-more-customer-service-improvements

Ryanair’s Robin Kiely said:

“Ryanair is continually striving to improve our passenger experience and we are very excited at these significant improvements to our industry leading customer service. We are actively listening and responding to our customers so that they can continue to expect low fares and on-time flights, but can now enjoy a second small carry-on bag and reduced boarding card reissue fees for those who have checked-in online, along with easier website access, 24 hour grace periods and quiet flights, with further improvements set to be rolled out over the coming months.”
  • brianposterbrianposter Forumite
    875 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    This is a simple fault in Ryanairs booking system for which they are legally responsible. Multiple windows came in with the PC and have always been present on the internet so it is surprising that ryanair have never fixed the problem (which they share with lots of other people).

As to what you should do, it depends on how much time you have available. If you have time, snail mail is the best way to get this sort of problem resolved.
  • jpsartre wrote: »
    Because legislations are never open to interpr
    I'm never offended by debate & opinions. As a wise man called Voltaire once said, "I disagree with what you say, but will defend until death your right to say it."
    Mortgage is my only debt - Original mortgage - January 2008 = £88,400, March 2014 = £47,000 Chipping away slowly! Now saving to move.
  • jpsartrejpsartre Forumite
    4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    That may come under "minor mistake" in which case you now have a 24hr grace period to get it changed.

They've been changing minor mistakes free-of-charge for a while, also after 24 hours.
  • Voyager2002Voyager2002 Forumite
    14.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    postcode wrote: »
    , along with travel insurance that I *didn't* select for my relative... Sigh.

You have a legal right to cancel travel insurance and get a full refund, so long as you do so within about a week or before you start using it.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support