New Post Advanced Search

Book wrong ryan air flight, not my fault

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flights, Currency & Car Hire
47 replies 26.3K views
flazziflazzi Forumite
2 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flights, Currency & Car Hire
Hi All,

Appologies if this has already been covered couldn't see it in any of the forums. I have just bought my flights for this years holiday and had 2 browser windows open. The flights I wanted and the ones I compared with. Using the correct browser with the correct flights I completed the sale when I have checked the 'other' flights are the ones I have purchased.

This happened about 20mins ago, the cost of changing on there website is £200 which is more than the flights themselves. There call centre is closed till tomorrow and is no doubt going to cost me a ridiculous amount with there premium number.

Can anyone offer me any advise on how to deal with this and if anyolne else has had a similar problem?

Legally where do i stand, these are not the flights I wanted or purchased but proving this is going to be nigh on impossible, is the oman on me or Ryan air to prove who made the mistake?

Thanks for the help :mad:

Replies

• DoozergirlDoozergirl Forumite
    30.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    flazzi wrote: »
    Hi All,

Appologies if this has already been covered couldn't see it in any of the forums. I have just bought my flights for this years holiday and had 2 browser windows open. The flights I wanted and the ones I compared with. Using the correct browser with the correct flights I completed the sale when I have checked the 'other' flights are the ones I have purchased.

This happened about 20mins ago, the cost of changing on there website is £200 which is more than the flights themselves. There call centre is closed till tomorrow and is no doubt going to cost me a ridiculous amount with there premium number.

Can anyone offer me any advise on how to deal with this and if anyolne else has had a similar problem?

Legally where do i stand, these are not the flights I wanted or purchased but proving this is going to be nigh on impossible, is the oman on me or Ryan air to prove who made the mistake?

Thanks for the help :mad:

The same thing happened to me. I had outward and return flights on two browser windows. I put everything in for the outward flights but it booked our return! Luckily I noticed before I went to book our return so I ended up just booking our outward journey second. I'm afraid I didn't have to deal with them, so can't offer help, but I do sympathize.

I've done it before with another airline (their website returned to default 'All London' when I hit the back button) and I accidentally booked us back to the wrong airport. That airline were very helpful and changed us to the right flight, but then they weren't Ryanair.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • eldanieleldaniel Forumite
    244 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    hi,
    I am not sure where do u stand legally, tbh is not very clear to me how did it happen and why it would be their fault.
    All I can advise if you have to call, dont call UK number. Call Irish number (through any VOIP programm) which is Irish landline.

On one side I am glad there are existing because really flights are so cheap with them, but last time I got really angry.
    We have Ryanair Cash passport card (which is Mastercard). Then my wife was booking a ticker and chosed from the dropdown list (Ryanair Mastercard), transaction went through and they charged us £24 for 2 ppl both ways! Ryanair Cash passport was on the very bottom of the dropdown list and any other normal company would not let it through like that because you have chosen different card you paid with, but obviously Michael Olearry want to have coffin full of gold so that is not the case with them.

Sorry I cant help you anymore.
  • Cheers guys, so frustrating but I will try calling the Irish number.
  • Hi

This has just happened to us. Last night we looked at flights from Birmingham Airport and then East Midlands Airport. We didn't notice that actually their booking systems are run by the same system. We entered and paid for flights from E Mids and received confirmation for the payment of the cost of the E. Mids flights, but then were told that the server was busy. This morning we received a confirmation email containing the details of the Birmingham flights.

Customer services have admitted it could happen due to a technical error and that users shouldn't have two browser windows open at once (nowhere can we find this stated on the sites). However, they also basically said "tough - no refund". We were advised to send full details in an email, so we're now awaiting their response.

I feel they are liable as they clearly have a system which cannot distinguish between different routes into it (despite very different branding on the two entry sites we used) and do not have a clear warning about not having more than one browser open.

We're just hoping they'll respond well to the email we've sent as we really don't want the flights from Birmingham which is further away, has less luggage allowance and is Ryanair.:(
  • richardwrichardw Forumite
    19.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think his has something to do with browser cookies.

I always clear them and start with a fresh browser before booking anything.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • malkie76malkie76 Forumite
    6.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indeed it is. Essentially it's still your PC sending data to their server systems, so sadly the user is at fault.
    Legal team on standby
  • NFHNFH Forumite
    4.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of whether you have cookies from two simultaneous browser sessions, Ryanair is at fault for incorrectly developing its web site to use the cookie instead of the referring page to process the booking. If you click on one page to complete your booking, their web site should recognise that you clicked that page and not on the other page you happen to have open. To complete the booking based only on cookies is sloppy development and tantamount to a bug. Make sure you get a refund as a result of Ryanair's web developers' incompetence.
  • richardwrichardw Forumite
    19.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    copa_feela wrote: »
    You don't know a lot about web systems do you?

Go on tell us a bit more copa feela.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Alisha2008Alisha2008 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Make sure you get a refund as a result of Ryanair's web developers' incompetence.

That's something I would like to see!!!! :D:D
  • mrdibbymrdibby Forumite
    2 posts
    I've just become a victim of this flaw in their website. Have used the contact form on the website and will phone up tomorrow.

Has anyone ever managed to get a refund / ticket change without fees following this?
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support