LBM in 2003.. What have I been doing since??!

Options

Comments

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 28 October 2016 at 5:45PM
    Options
    So in the rest of today's news..

- heating now on in the evenings... but on timer so let's see how frugal we can be
    - PC survey monies redeemed so £6 in my pocket :j
    - meal planning done up until Friday
    - shop done for essential gear for next holiday.. if it works out will be much cheaper than local stores - have ordered early in the season to try and avoid my usual situation of leaving it until last minute realising kids have grown, then spending a fortune
    - booked travel for Xmas... it won't go down any so best to get it sorted now
    - I have fallen in love with macaroons... they are my new secret crush! :rotfl:
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,371 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    :wave: Have a lovely weekend xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 1 November 2016 at 9:52AM
    Options
    We did have a lovely weekend, thanks everyone.

I have updated the signature, checked YNAB...lots of things come out on 1st, it's our biggest 'pay out' day and have done a TT. The sig from last month was disappointing sales wise and we didn't manage many NSDs. So we need to try harder in November. I do like to see all the green numbers on YNAB at the start of the month..it's towards the end when we have to shuffle as some lines go red...

We are at constant risk of overspending as my income is not what it was :( .so need to draw my horns even more strongly in this month. After all Christmas is coming!! :T:eek:

Quick monthly(ish) update on my goals...

- early night and less screen time...poor. Not good at all. Using my phone to surf and relax in bed. Need to grab a good book instead.
    - meal planning...haven't missed a day in weeks. All good. Being a host family is helping a lot. Must go and buy a few extra veggies for a SC veggie tajine...nice cheap meal. Hope it's tasty.
    - sales - poor. May drop the starting price.
    - decluttering. Only 30 items last month, but it's a good system and stuff is slowly drifting out the door..
    - 5:2.. just not happening, although am planning to do it this week if I can. Will also go for a run today to make me feel better and try a strengthening routine..
    - no new clothes, work or otherwise...complete success :T I have been very restrained and haven't even bought a pair of tights! Luckily those opaques from 4 years ago are still going strong :rotfl:
    - business development...some, but not enough.

Need to do invoices and accounts this eve after a full day's work, but luckily WAH, which cuts out the commute. Makes a difference that's for sure.

Hope everyone has a good day,

Brizzle xx
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • jvr
    jvr Posts: 426 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Brizzle,

Read your whole diary (taken me about a month!) loved reading it and it has really inspired me to look at where I can save money. Love the idea of ebaying items as need to declutter but don't think I have anything worth any money!

JVR
    Debt: £14,000 now £2169
    Emergency Fund: 1000/ £1000
    :j
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 1 November 2016 at 7:55PM
    Options
    JVR..that is monumental!! :D I am very flattered and you clearly have a resilient streak ;) :rotfl:

I hope you like these threads..I find them immensely useful and very supportive. Start a diary and post regularly - it will really help you kick the debt.

So, a busy work day, but have worked from home which has made a HUGE difference to my energy levels. I would usually be starting off around now and would be getting home around 7 :(

It also meant I was able to throw a veggie tajine in the SC pot, fingers crossed its tasty.

Heating has been off, but boy is it cold (and dark :( ) now.

We have made an EBay sale :) Last minute offer :). We are now on front foot for November. 7 books decluttered to CS. A great start for Day 1.

A sub-£5 grocery shop needed. So won't be a NSD but a LSD nonetheless. I may start adding any sub £10 spend days to my signature. Will go and out and buy in a moment. Have done invoices and will post those. (After all I need to invoice if I want to get paid :D) Have also organised a couple of household maintenance bits..boiler service etc, which all needs to be done. We have one last van hire and then thats it. We will manage our own, or else use it ourselves.

Really should start the accounts/paperwork this evening, but soooo tempted to leave it. Maybe I will get my mojo back but not surprisingly invoice production usually leaves it for dust!!

Love to all

Brizzle xx
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,747 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Brizzle, you are still doing really well. I need to declutter, have got 1 box and a bag of books to leave but can I get them out of the door?

Also need to meal plan, have just prepped tomorrow nights tea and that's as far as I've got.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi L!!

It can be hard, can't it? If we weren't a host family with another hungry teenager to feed, I think we would be also going off piste and doing more s*d it trips to the local Italian!

I try and set myself a target for decluttering every month. It certainly works for me. And helps me keep on weeding out the stuff. Which we seem to have a lot of!!
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,345 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello Brizzle :). Like you I need to meal plan and declutter. I start off with good intentions to do a whole month's meal plan but lose the will to live with it. Although I do now manage a full week's plan which is an improvement.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Unlike the amazing Mrs T ;) I can only do 5-7 days at a time. Partly so i can manage any left overs etc, but also to take account of any events, kids clubs etc. Works for us anyhow. Always know what we are having for tea and equally as importantly ;) who is making it! Default setting does not always have to be me :)
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Good luck with the 5:2 this week brizzle. I'm doing it as well so eggs, apple and soup day tomorrow!:(
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business