LBM in 2003.. What have I been doing since??!

Options

Comments

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks SA...how's you? Holiday plans coming along nicely?

Today has been quite domestic..taken a day off work so guilt free pottering....successes include:

- lamb marinading for dinner tomorrow...should be lamb leg in garlic, lemon, coriander, braised with peas but we going to use lamb chops from the freezer instead. Looks a yum SC recipe.
    - 5 items on ebay..will net over £60 if they sell. If they sell will also use H&rmes for the first time. Have heard mixed reports but given weight and size of some items it's the only way to ship them
    - decluttered and tidied the bookshelf (not of books..just all the other carp including Xmas decs that are perched there:rotfl:)
    - booked myself in for a shellac nail appt....have been biting them terribly :mad: so has to be done. Not exactly MSE but not a fortune either so am chalking it up to experiences. Last time I had it done was about 8 years ago!
    -tidied up bedroom and did heaps of laundry ( oh I know how to live!)
    - BM made great bread yesterday
    - checked account and did a TT
    - did some gardening..well had to make use of the respite with the weather down here :eek: Gawd, hope those poor folk in Somerset
    /Devon etc get a better weekend than is predicted

Think that's it. Off to sort pizza now..well it is Friday :D

Brizzle x
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • DedicatedDFW
    Options
    Hi Brizzle,

I was really sorry to hear about your cat ((hugs)) x

Thank you also for reminding me to do the washing :) - i just spotted it on your list :) i would normally have one it last night but i wanted an uninterrupted night watching a film with my Mr - a bit more quality time than jumping up every time the washer or dryer bleeped :) Although i'm not jumping up now either as i am up but still tired :cool:

Sounds like you are getting some good tidying up / decluttering done :T I too am having another huge tidy / declutter. Done the utility and have started on our bedroom again - just doing my own things though ;) Its nice to have everything completely cleared out and i am loving the space and sense of tidiness now everything is in its place and i know its being kept - very little is appearing to sell mind which is a little worrying - i've had the car off the road again so another garage bill to find the money for :(

Your tea sounds lovely :D I am enjoying using my slow cooker and also using up the freezer contents - but every time i see some YS meat i have to buy it if its some we'll use as i have gone for months in the past without there being any reduced items. I think we will have lamb next week now - you've inspired me :) This week is beef brisket in ale om nom nom :D

Hope you have a nice weekend planned :) - it won't be long before you join us on the MFW boards :D
    CC1:T £[STRIKE]2531[/STRIKE] £1460
    MORTGAGE OVERPAYMENTS: £10575.20 Target £12,100
    MF Date: [STRIKE]August 2042[/STRIKE] May 2035
    Declutter 1000 things by Xmas 2015! 53/1000
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 10 February 2014 at 6:18PM
    Options
    Hello folks :wave:

A useful day so far today..

-had a coffee with someone about future work opportunities..she thinks there are options for me so I am smiling :)
    - OH has made a lovely Thai carrot/parsnip/root veg soup will use up the bread and a cauliflower with some fondue this evening and some more soup..yum
    - done some TTs and called the bank. Annoyingly slow but ho hum..and no email:mad: but anyway have hunted out a fax machine at the local PO and then posted it First Class to boot so heres hoping that's enough
    - sold one item on EBay and bid on another so £12 in the bag so far..every little helps:rotfl:

Laters x
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    DDFW

thanks for a lovely long post. Am hoping the car isn't too sick... fingers crossed
  • LAM2011
    LAM2011 Posts: 1,432 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi Brizzled, sorry to hear about your cat.

Also just wanted to say well done on your debt busting and your debt free day is so near now - how fantastic!
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks LAM2011..thats really sweet of you....

Keeping on plugging on. Not quite sure how I will get there by end of March..just 6 weeks to go but am determined to try!

No 'new' news as such other than OH and I decluttered some stuff from the surfaces in our room which has made a huge difference..:) (nothing to sell though :( )

We have decided to decorate (probably off white so hardly exciting but it will be fresh and new to us! :D) . When we get DF we will celebrate with new curtains (ours are distinctly faded and shabby after 13 years!!) I will search EBay first though as remember how pricey these things can be and its a big bay window. I will also insist on thermal linings this time as fuel prices will not go down...
  • Piquant_2
    Piquant_2 Posts: 5,769 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if you were debt free by March. Aim for the end of March, gives you a few more weeks and it's the end of the first quarter, you as family FD will appreciate this :D

I do so much shopping around for best prices now, there is no such thing as an impulse buy! If there's nothing that's right on ebay don't forget the cash back sites. I have got £12 tracked today for yesterday's purchase. Not a lot, but £12 for something I was going to buy anyway.
    Total debt at October 2008: £67,213.30
    Total debt today: £0
    - debt and mortgage free 29th November 2013 :T
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 14
    Save £12K in 2014 - £6,521.90/£6K member 138

• brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks Piq..useful advice as ever :)

So far today have checked account and done a small TT of 62p. I am juggling the cards so that in a few days time when OH gets paid we can really see where we are. At the moment the scores on the doors are too murky..but I am hoping to drop to £3500 by middle of next week

Small grocery shops this week, DDs complaining no cheese or salad..did feel a mite guilty!! But then DD1 did an online shop and began to see what it was like working to a budget:rotfl:. I will be interested to see her face today when she sees what £60 has bought..and that was after putting stuff back (although I see the Iced Gems made their way in...does anyone else remember them first time round??)

Must do expenses and mileage claims. Will set aside time on Friday to do that as now urgent.

All chugging along. Ebay sales now up to £25...here's hoping some of the watchers convert into bids..there are enough of them ;)
  • PinotGrigio41
    Options
    Ooh Iced Gems !! I remember them the first time round, I used to bite the icing bit off first then eat the biscuity bit ! Neither of the DD's like them though !

You have got me thinking, I might try and sit one of the girls down to do an online shop, they are always complaining there is no food to eat. The cost of it all may may shock them the bit , but it could be a very good exercise !

Hope OH is less stressed this week, and you of course. Lack of sleep is rubbish.:(

Good luck with the ebay sales, I have been quite succesful and made about £90 int he last couple of weeks amazingly.

:j:j Yey to hopefully hitting the £3500K mark !! :j:j

Looking forward to the update :D
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future ! :eek:
    Total debts Nov 2011 [STRIKE]£96796.75[/STRIKE]:eek:
    Total Debts JUL 2020 £00.00
    Cleared Jul 2020 £96796.75
    :T
    Emergency Fund / Rainy Day - £5500 . DMP Mutual Support Thread 428
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,627 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Ooh I have always loved iced gems :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback