LBM in 2003.. What have I been doing since??!

Options

Comments

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 3 February 2014 at 10:21AM
    Options
    Thank you everyone. It is harder than expected to lose them isn't it? Love the idea of a rainbow suspension bridge for him...he'd have loved that! He has a very nice spot in the garden, near 'his' chickens and currently has a pink camellia standing guard until we can choose a more permanent memorial.

Onwards and upwards today. OH is very stressed re work which is casting a cloud over everything..and I mean everything:( DDs are knackered...roll on the end of term. Few bits of HW to finish and then it's all downhill. DM is looking after the DDs for a couple of days which will be good for everyone and will mean that no childcare bills..now we have no formal childcare there is a always a sense of patch and mend about our arrangements! One day they may go into work with OH..we shall see.

Simple dinner today. A variation on Salad Nicoise. OH bought trout and we have eggs and lots of spinach..so I will root around the fridge and larder and see what I can come up with! Will be light anyway as feel that we have eaten so many stews etc recently. I need a rest ;)

Going out for a farewell lunch with a friend who is moving away..sob. Anyway, sad but will be nice to chat properly. And nothing is forever.

Gawd, feel I am so low key at the moment! Need a kick up the pants! Oh I know..something better to report....got a small pay rise this month. Every little helps and when my tax code turns back into a decent number in April I will be richer than my wildest dreams....well sorta....you know what I mean:rotfl:
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Aw I'm so sorry to hear about the cat :( he was gorgeous. Big hugs xxx

I'm crossing everything that you beat the January blues as February picks up, pay rise is a good start :)

p.s. I can't believe she's almost a month old either! She's getting really big. I also have lots of lovely chilli & pepper plants for you. I've killed a few of the herbs, but there are still plenty left. Everyone that visits thinks I'm growing illegal plants!
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • daisystar
    daisystar Posts: 346 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Awww so sorry to hear about your cat Brizzle - it is so hard to lose them no matter how much you think you are prepared for it :(

And sorry to hear you're a bit low - fingers crossed your mood and motivation will pick up during Feb as Kerri says, and make sure you're getting enough sleep - debt busting this ferociously requires regular re-charging!! :)
    Debt Oct '13 - [STRIKE]£44,076[/STRIKE] £41,578 5.7% cleared
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks guys..agree daisy, think lack of sleep may not be helping. quite restless at night and wakeful at the moment. Stress probably! OH is the same

kerri - we will catch up soon and those plants sound great :D

A quiet day today..working at home so no fuel costs but have heating on low. No more childcare costs again this week as 'boxing and coxing' with friends..it does make a difference and we are very grateful for the support.

The salad nicoise was nothing like the real one:rotfl::p..but it was yummy and really hit the spot. We also baked a reduced camembert that was YS'd after Xmas to have alongside..that was yum.

Done some TTs and checked the accounts. Paid a few pressing bills so some admin done.

Hope everyone is having a good day
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • grannyx2
    grannyx2 Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oo baked camembert, I love that, salivating at the thought

Sorry to hear you are not sleeping properly atm, have you tried writing your worries down before you go to bed. That sometimes works for me

Granny x
    Targets
    Trip to Australia (On hold until 2022 now) to meet new grandson born jan 21!

Lose 84lbs. Update (minus 65lbs mostly during lockdown as of 18.05.21)

LBM : July 11 - £56,962
    DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3958715/return-to-solvency/p1
  • Box_of_Fluffies
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your car brizzle and that you're feeling a bit low. :grouphug:

The lack of sleep is probably not helping. I loke granny's idea of writing down your worries and thoughts before you go to bed.
    Diary: Conquering Debts Once and For All
    CC1 Jan 2012 $875.32 / CLEARED
    CC2 Jan 2012 $5,883.33 / June 2014 CLEARED
    Mortgage Jan 2012 $382,997.08 / Sept 2014 $367,775.37
    Business Loans Feb 2012 $48,407.52 / Sept 2014 $5,289.09

Ex mortgage - 89.07% debt paid
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks for the advice granny, I do love a list so maybe I should try that. Tidying my study and organising work and domestic admin stuff would no doubt help too!

Today is a quiet day thank goodness and off out with OH this eve :) Spending too much over last few weeks on nice experiences like eating out but we are still within budget (just) and I know we need some quality time together. Heating is on low as 2 of us in the house and have just packed up a lunch for us whilst OH and I are travelling this afternoon.

Done some TTs and checked the bank account. Done some errands, some tidying and the BM is on and DDs know what they need to cook for dinner from the freezer...

Spotted that our Family Railcard runs out early next month but will save myself a tenner if I renew via this site :beer: before 23 Feb so that's diarised...

No eggs since the bumper crop. Must have been a fluke. Darn

Hope everyone has a good day.
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hope the rain has cleared up BoF....it is chucking it down here!
  • kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Eugh rain! and I wanted to walk down to meet the girls for coffee with the buggy :( Why is it always raining in the west country?

Hope you enjoy dinner out with OH tonight xx
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,366 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Just been catching up with your diary brizzle! Sorry to hear about your cat, we've lost a few over the years and it's always sad. One of our cats is 18 so expect he won't be around too much longer. He's had a good life but it'll still be sad. Your debt figure is looking good, on the way down very nicely. Enjoy your meal out tonight - it should perk you up a bit!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure