*~2012 is going to be the year for Orange Fairy~*

Options
Right this is like my 5th diary but I felt compelled to create a new one for the New Year!

I am 27 and live in lovely North Devon with my Husband and 2 daughters. I work in admin and accounts and have recently become AAT trained.

I have had a great 2011 with getting married in May. But also a tough year with debts from the wedding snowballing. So 2012 is a new year to work on these. We also got told DH's job may not be completely safe at the moment. So just waiting to hear news.

Another job for 2012 is to get the house sorted and organised. We are pretty minimalist compared to most and the house has got past a point I am happy with. Lots of sorting and ebaying to do.

My 101 list will play a big part in 2012.
https://www.dayzeroproject.com/user/littlekel

My New Years Resolutions are
Lose weight- 2 stone
Spend more quality time with the kids and hubby
Make 2012 an MSE year
Make more time for my friends
Learn some new crafts
Take a photo everyday on my camera or iPhone in 2012
Be more helpful
Organise this house

All easy enough things :-)

After making my brother a board game for Xmas I have been inspired along with Kirstie Allsopps programmes to make more handmade gifts. So I will start planning for Xmas soon :D

So each week at a time. Need to properly look at my finances and list money owed so we can work on it.
Orange Fairy
House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

Comments

• OrangeFairy
    OrangeFairy Posts: 2,630 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Today I am going to take the decs down, pay bills and find a spends app for my iPhone and iPad. I was very lucky to be bought an iPad by DH for Xmas! Totally unexpected.

I have got to weigh myself in the morning! Scared to death about what I have put on over Xmas! I have made a meal plan for jan. need to type it up. DH was MSE last night and used all veg we had to make to make a vegetable soup :-) gotta love him!

Happy New year to everyone. We are having a quiet night with some games and a couple of drinks at home :D my perfect type of new years eve. Cooked breakfast in the morning and a nice walk somewhere.
    Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

• OrangeFairy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well today hasn't gone as planned so I am not feeling a great start to 2012. We usually go for a New Years walk but OH and the kids think it is too wet. It had been raining but isn't now. We usually expect a wintery walk so that isn't the reason. They just can't be bothered. :(

Well onto positive things MSE related
      Going to MIL's for dinner so an MSE tea! We have a freezer full of food to last the month will only needing a few bits and bobs Enough Xmas presents to be activities and entertainment for the kids for January I have cut up cards to make either tags for Xmas 2012 or for the kids to use with handmade cards I have a pile of items to sell on eBay I have about 4 presents that we're not suitable for my girls that they received that have gone into my present box Under my desk at work I found a next perfume set that I forgot about. Got it in the sale ages ago and it was £10 down to £5. That is my cousins birthday present sorted for march at no cost.
    Right off to get my iPhone as I am trying to take a photo everyday in 2012. The sky is orange outside my bedroom so going to get a Pic of that
    Orange Fairy

• OrangeFairy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Today has been a good day.

Went for a walk to Wistlandpound reservoir and did a bit of shopping. Took my daily photo at the reservoir
    :D

£60 spent but we got quite a lot. The kids meals are prettly much sorted for January. Going to batch cook bolognase in a min and divide into portions. The amount i have should do 6 portions for the two of them. They have spag bog every weds so that is 6 weeks worth.

Fancy a bot of me time tonight as i feel exhausted. My friend boguth some Lush products for xmas so a relaxing bath in a bit i think.

Also need to blend up and portion off the soup we have in the fridge. OH made a roast today and there is enough stock and veg to blend for another soup i think.

Still sorting out apps for my phone. i want something to record meal plans and another for expenditure :-)
    Orange Fairy

• OrangeFairy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Back to work tomorrow.....i really don't feel i have the energy or motivation to go back!!!

Last day with the kids before they go back to school too :( We have a challenge of completing their sequin art pictures today! Been ongoing since Christmas! Also want to sort DD2's room. She got a new desk for xmas so need to rearragne and sort things!!

Dinner today will be a chorizo and chicken rice dish - not something i have cooked before. Must remember to take one of OH's homemade soup portions out of the freezer for work tomorrow!

Need to tidy the house and make sure PE kits, uniform and lunches are all ready for tomorrow. Need to do a reading session with the kids too....naughtly Mummy hasn't done any reading with them over these holidays!

Got a letter to say the girls are due another eye test so will ring and book that today

Finally got round to putting in a claim for lost cashback. Fingers crossed this pays off as it was £100!

Right off to tidy up a bit. Today needs to be a good balance of tidying, sorting and cleaning Vs quality time with the kids!! xxxx
    Orange Fairy

• starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Orange Fairy just seen your diary and thought I'd pop in to say Hi and Good luck with your goals for 2012.

Hope you get some quality time with the kids today before they go back to school. My DD went back today so yesterday was spent in our pj's watching DVD's and reading some of the books she'd had for Christmas. It was lovely. I think DS is pleased his sister has gone back to school though as he's had a nap this morning - something he hasn't done properly (just the odd 5-10mins here and there) since Christmas.

Enjoy your day
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • Choc-addict
    Choc-addict Posts: 1,894 Forumite
    Options
    Hey lovely,

Good start to the NY for you - very organised! I'm loving the take a picture a day thingy - bit late for me to start that and as I work from home most days I think they'd become boring :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Have subscribed now so will be popping regularly. hopefully we can spur each other on. Weight loss is big priority for me at mo as have the wedding coming up - i'd like to lose a stone but most importantly tone up so for me it's all about the exercise :eek: Have already signed up to gym classes thurs, fri, sat, mon and tues....hopefully I can keep it up!!!

Right best get back to work. Hope you've had a good day x
  • OrangeFairy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello **waves** to Choc and Starnac! :D

I have had a bitter sweet day. A good MSE day and had some good time with the kids BUT now that dreaded feeling or having to go to work tomorrow. It is only 6 hours though and i have sooo much to catch up on the time should fly by.

Had some craft time and sofa cuddles with the kids today. Then MIL picked them up and her and SIL took them swimming and fed them. So that was MSE for me! Saved a meal in the freezer for another week! While they were out i emptied all of DD2's bedroom out onto the landing and sorted everything back in. a binbag of rubbish and about 5 ebay items removed from her room. She got a desk for xmas so needed a bit or sorting. DH just needs to hang the mirror behind the desk to finish it off.

Then i cooked a Chorizo and Chicken Jumbalaya (not sure of spelling!). That was lovely!

Vegetable soup take out for lunch tomorrow. No more junk food now! I'll have sugar withdrawl by the end of the day! I am a bit scared of my weigh in tomorrow!!! :(

Couldn't find a meal planning app i liked! They all seemed to be a bit too advanced! I just wanted something to log what we were going to have....the ones i found all wanted to to add your own recipes and then choose each day from your own list and then it would provide you with a shopping list etc! Far too much. So in the end i used the 'Notes' application on my phone. That works just as well. I have written 4 notes, one for each week, and have just written down what i have planned for meals on there! Nice and simple!!! Maybe doing that with spends too would be the best bet! It is after all just a log!!

Just used £12.50 of our Tesco vouchers to order £50 worth of Prezzo vouchers. We will go there for OH's meal for his birthday on the 20th. Hopefully his ex will allow his son to join us. Kids meals are £5.95 and that includes a drink. Then about £10 each for our main and £5 for pudding. So we will cover the cost. Looking forward to it. Ill be very excited after 2 weeks of eating well. **must remember to buy water tomorrow**

Taken my photo for today - i have an app that makes a collage of multiple photos so i use a pic of how DD2's room was, it all out on the landing and when it was all finished! That summed up my day today. Tomorrow pic will be back to school related. Choc - i have an album running with these pics on FB- you should look and let me know if they are getting boring! I may get OH to do a website for me to upload them to!

That is me for today.
    Orange Fairy

• OrangeFairy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Meant to add Choc- hopefully we can spur eachother on. Weightloss is huge for me too! I am suddenly feeling so lethargic and down and i know it is down to weight gain. I hate that my once loose jeans are tight. My bestfriend says she feels the same so that should motivate us to play badminton more energetically against eachother!!! I hope the gym classes go well. When i have lost a bit i would love to join a gym but i'd feel really self concious how i am now! x
    Orange Fairy

• OrangeFairy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    gggggggrrrrr I am 1.5 stone heavier than I was on my wedding day in May. Not as bad as I thought but still bad enough! Better getting working on shedding the pounds! Luckily a busy day at work to stop me snacking...............
    Orange Fairy

• silvermist05
    Options
    Good morning Orange I read your diary last night and just want to say good luck with your challenges. Sounds like me you've been on the scales this morning, I wasn't impressed either but hopefully it'll help motivate us both to work at losing the weight
    Crazy clothes challenge 2012 £105.50/£480 :jItems removed from wardrobe 16
    DFD NOVEMBER 2013
    spc#076
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills