Comments

• luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 January 2012 at 10:47PM
    Options
    A suggestion for an addition to Page 1. LV TAxi fare finder

http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=LV

** Edit - I've just tried a couple of routes and don't agree with it as it took the strip to get from the airport to the Carriage House instead of Swenson to Koval. Then I tried the CH to Bally's and it took Audrie which is a dead end at the back of Bally's!
  • amrad
    amrad Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    Any suggestions for websites to rent a convertible? We wanted out of Vegas, into LA. Can't find much on carhire3000/rentalcars - doesn't seem like they do the mustang, at least from Vegas to LA.
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    VALUE FOR MONEY
    it's hit and miss whether you would get a Mustang convertible or not - the reservation will normally say 'or similar' and convertible Mustangs can be in short supply in Vegas. Most if not all car hire companies in Vegas do convertibles. Dollar definately do Mustang convertibles, as a general thing.
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • Gav86
    Gav86 Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    Months since i was last on here...

Anyway. Everything is booked for our June trip, just looking at extra stuff now.

Has anyone done a Hoover Dam tour before? Any recommended?
    Im a bit of an Engineering nerd, so anything full of technical talk or sights is good for me :)
  • newuser86
    newuser86 Posts: 312 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Im looking to buy tickets for O cirque du soleil. There is currently 20% off code. is this the best i can expect for march 2012? or better to hold on for something better
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    VALUE FOR MONEY
    Gav86 wrote: »
    Months since i was last on here...

Anyway. Everything is booked for our June trip, just looking at extra stuff now.

Has anyone done a Hoover Dam tour before? Any recommended?
    Im a bit of an Engineering nerd, so anything full of technical talk or sights is good for me :)

We have done it twice (once just us, once with the in-laws)...both times we did the shorter tour and it was really good...haven't done the longer one so don't know if it's worth the extra cost...if you are an engineering nerd you will loooooooove it...and maybe the longer tour would be a good choice for you.
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    Theres also a great Discovery channel programme that gets repeated about how they built it.
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • Gav86
    Gav86 Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    ferf1223 wrote: »
    We have done it twice (once just us, once with the in-laws)...both times we did the shorter tour and it was really good...haven't done the longer one so don't know if it's worth the extra cost...if you are an engineering nerd you will loooooooove it...and maybe the longer tour would be a good choice for you.

That's what I like to hear :)
    We stopped off for some photos outside on our way to the Grand Canyon last time, but I'm overly excited about going inside.

I don't suppose you can remember who you did the tour with? There seems to be dozens of companies who go there, and it may just be a case of picking someone good from TripAdvisor, but if you've got any recommendations that would be ace!
  • WestHamDaz
    Options
    Not been to teh Hoover Dam on our previous trips but we have booked to do this in March

http://www.guidedvegastours.com/hoover-dam-and-desert-stargazing-tour.html
  • kroberts
    kroberts Posts: 260 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    WEATHER
    We've been on Hoover Dam Tour before - if you're thinking of hiring a car at all then it was just as easy to drive there and just pay on entrance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure