🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Giving Up/ Cutting Down alcohol support thread - number 11

Options

Comments

• crazymum_2
    crazymum_2 Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Cleggie - I feel like I'm doing disastrously with normal life, desperately want to drink tonight, so ridiculously badly. Terribly emotional today.

Lunches made for tomorrow, tea in oven, I'm going to sit and read for a bit and try to get my head together and focus on having another AFD marked down ....it is my only way forward.

No turning back..... stay strong so you can pull me along with you :o
  • cleggie
    cleggie Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Options
    crazymum wrote: »
    Thanks Cleggie - I feel like I'm doing disastrously with normal life, desperately want to drink tonight, so ridiculously badly. Terribly emotional today.

Lunches made for tomorrow, tea in oven, I'm going to sit and read for a bit and try to get my head together and focus on having another AFD marked down ....it is my only way forward.

No turning back..... stay strong so you can pull me along with you :o

you and me can get through tonight together crazymum (((HUGS))). Have you got any plans for this evening to distract you?
    Some ideas i have got are:
    Pamper evening
    Bath
    Early night
    Puzzle books
    Cross stitch
    Housework
    Ironing
    Reading
    Writing down how you are feeling
    Call a supportive friend
    Come on this thread
    Write a list of all the reasons you DONT want to drink

Do you think you could try one/some /all of those ideas?
    I would kill for a lovely glass of wine this evening too, but i am not going to cave in. I want to save money, lose weight, and most of all i want to PROVE that i can do it! You CAN do it too crazymum, i absoloutley KNOW you can.
  • 365days
    365days Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    Options
    Remember HALT when you get an urge.

Are you;

Hungry
    Angry
    Lonely
    Tired.

Sort out what's really wrong and the urge for a drink may pass.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • caramelcaron
    Options
    Hi all :wave:
    I've not been around for a while and have missed the end of the old thread and the birth of the new!
    My target for Dec if I remember rightly was 10 but unfortunately I only managed 9 :(. However, I truly believe I have drunk less this Christmas period than I have ever done before. On Christmas Day I didn't drink at all until 4pm (as I was driving family over to my daughter's house) I had one white wine spritzer with the Christmas meal at her house then nothing until I got home at about 10pm when I had a brandy!
    My target for Jan Shaggy is 18.
    I'm going to read back now.
    Belated HNY
  • crazymum_2
    crazymum_2 Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    From the very bottom of my heart - thankyou.....I have cried and cried and cried today - I don't know why. I can only think that having come to the decision that I never want to drink again (which I have been working towards for such a long time and denied myself because I just couldn't stop myself drinking) that my emotions have just come to a head.

My Mum called and I talked a lot to her about it - she has known that I have a drink problem but never really known the extent of it. Tonight I told her. She was very supportive.

Cleggie and 365days I read your posts and cried and cried - thankyou. And rather than just having a drink and remembering in the morning all the reasons why I didn't want to, I have remembered all the reasons tonight. And yes I do want to walk this walk and no I don't want to drink, not tonight, not ever.

Thankyou :o
  • legsand
    legsand Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    Evening to you all

Thankyou MRS R I hope 2012 is also a better year for you and your family.

Not Af tonight. Sorry Guys

Have a Good evening

Legsxxx
  • cleggie
    Options
    Crazymum, i am so so glad that you got the support of your mum, thats so brilliant. Well done for being able to admit your drinking to her, thats a great step. I am proud of you.x.

Tonight i have had a cuppa, painted my feet, moisturised my body, de-fuzzed my upper lip (yuk- tmi!!) and tidied the kitchen, got al the stuff ready for school tomorrow.

Wont be too long before i am off to bed i dont think!
  • 365days
    365days Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    Options
    Aw Crazymum my thoughts are with you. It sounds like you have made some huge steps in the last few days. You are bound to feel emotional with all that you have done. What you have done is HUGE. It's the first step....recognising you have a problem, recognising that it is out of your control. Treat yourself as a best friend would...a best friend would probably tuk you up in bed with a cuddle and a hot chocolate. A best friend would certainly NOT offer you a drink. Waffle as much as you want, PM me if it feels better.

Cleggie - See sober = looking after yourself.... good eh?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • mackeroo
    mackeroo Posts: 806 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi
    Just a quick wee post to update.
    2 AF please Shaggy (incl tnite)
    Away to try and get my dieting mojo back by watching Fat fighters and the biggest loser. Im back to fat class on Fri :o
    It’s not what you have in your life but who you have in your life that counts
  • cleggie
    Options
    365days wrote: »
    Aw Crazymum my thoughts are with you. It sounds like you have made some huge steps in the last few days. You are bound to feel emotional with all that you have done. What you have done is HUGE. It's the first step....recognising you have a problem, recognising that it is out of your control. Treat yourself as a best friend would...a best friend would probably tuk you up in bed with a cuddle and a hot chocolate. A best friend would certainly NOT offer you a drink. Waffle as much as you want, PM me if it feels better.

Cleggie - See sober = looking after yourself.... good eh?

Definitely 365. Feeling good about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family