Nettttie /23

Shaggy
    2/17

Pinkprincess /21

Pricey SOS

Rachel 1
    /14

WBF 1/13

PLEASE PUT YOUR TARGET AFDs IN A BOLD RED FONT and good luck! (and if I've made any mistakes, don't be shy, please let me know!)

EVERYONE WELCOME
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It's not too late!!!!!!!!!!!

JANUARY 2012

SET YOUR Target_logo.jpg

Everyone Welcome!
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • PriceySOS
    PriceySOS Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Very belated Happy New Year, everybody!!

Very late, 22 achieved for December and target of 25 for January, please, Shaggy, thanks.

Best wishes to everybody for 2012 :j
  • crazymum_2
    Options
    Well done art for resisting temptation, I am the ultimate silly head who has been known to actually go to bed without drinking then wake up in the middle of the night and have a drink - with the thought that at least I will only have one (I have learnt that I can never only have one drink.....:o)

Stick with this thread if you're aiming to cut down - I cannot sing everyones' praises enough.... I am chasing those AFD stickers and held up by the kind, supporting comments of people I don't even know.

Yesterday I really wanted to have a drink in the evening....but knowing that there had been people on here who had given me such kind supporting words....put me to shame and told me to stand tall and stick with it. Always before when it had been just me, I only had myself to let down. In reality I have a big family and I was letting them all down.

I have now been a whole week without alcohol and standing tall. Worried that I might fall but I now know that want to be a lifetime without alcohol.

This morning a friend invited me for a girls night out....scares the life out of me, I explained that I'm not drinking....it's a new beginning, I have always been the silly drunk girl who stands up falls down knows no limits dances falls over. If I'm not ready I won't go, we'll see.

Just a gigantic thankyou everyone (sorry for ramblings I've been very emotional yesterday and today).

And Cleggie - I am proud of you :T. I posted earlier this morning but deleted most of it as I lost my confidence....I will get there :o

5 children off to school / college and now I'm off to work....back on the treadmill :)
  • cleggie
    cleggie Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Well done for those who stayed AF last night!
    I must admit i struggled a bit last night, but made it through the night.

Crazymum a massive well done to you!! Dont lose confidence, just post whatever it is you feel like doing. We wont judge.

Have a great day everyone!
  • nettttie
    nettttie Posts: 318 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    1/23 for me.
    first night over the holiday period without a drink, took an antihistamine and slept wrapped in a towel and managed 10 hours - only woke a couple of times by kids and the weather.
    Looks like I'm doing the afternoon shift at work and it's already Wednesday tomorrow :)
  • mrsrainman
    Options
    Wow!! Things are looking really positive around here :T:T

Well done to all the newbies for their flying starts :j

I hope all of you going back to work aren't struggling too much. It's the complete opposite here. My temp job has now finished and I'm now getting back to "normality"

And today is the first day of "After Christmas", and we have 2 1/2 bottles of wine, 2 small bottles of Port, and 2 cans of Jack & Coke. So I think it's safe to say there won't be an AFD in the Rainman household today.

Legs - Sending you hugs. Hope 2012 is a better year for you

365 - Thank you for the inspirational posts

MrsR xx
    Halifax CC - £6725.99 ;Tesco CC - [STRIKE]£582.49 [/STRIKE] Transferred to MBNA
    MBNA CC - £1944.41
    Xmas Saving Card £33.50
    Holiday Spending Money £180
    Debt is like any other trap, easy enough to get into, but hard enough to get out of
  • mackeroo
    mackeroo Posts: 806 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    :grouphug:hugs for those that need them and lots of these :T fro everyones AF'ness over the last few days. Amazing posts. Im proud to be part of this forum. Had a nice hogmany/new year and toasted you all at the bells so a big fat :beer: from me!

Was AF last night, after drinking Sat and Sun eve. Wanted to break the 'cycle of school night drinking' before i go back to work tomorrow.
    So 1 AF please Shaggy

It’s not what you have in your life but who you have in your life that counts
  • evilsquid1603
    evilsquid1603 Posts: 1,399 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    i didn't manage alcohol free on the 1st or second but I managed to stop at one drink both days even though i was visiting family and in a pub and thats a massive improvement on what i was drinking.

I've left the box of wine i got for new year at my mother in laws so thats not around anymore to be drunk. we've decided once the stuff here has been drunk its not being replaced.
  • bearacus
    bearacus Posts: 824 Forumite
    edited 3 January 2012 at 10:58PM
    Options
    :ASchool Night Challenge:A

Bearacus :)
    Beckseven
    Chloris :)
    Crazymum :)
    Fakeplastictwee:)
    Gien :)
    Maman :)
    Nettttie :)
    Shaggy :):)
    Wannabefree :)

:A3 nights:A
    FlatEric :)

:A2 nights:A
    :A1 night special :A

Any last minute takers are welcome

NW-£0 Cap one-£76 HSBC small-£359.51 (0% Aug16) HSBC car- £3511.46 (0%Oct17) HX car/baby- £2731.57 (0%Nov16) HX -£1198.66 (0% Jul16) Argos- £50(BNPLMay)
    Credit card debt-£7877.20 (4/3/16)
    Car Loan - £21,777 - Now - £12,383.36 Mortgage- £154,315.77
    LLoyds loan- paid 28/1/11 LLoyds O/D paid 9/9/10
    New LBM- £ 28/2/2016
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business